girls with tattoos

Options

Replies

• Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    if anyone is interested this is the meaning of my tattoo :)
    http://bluemorpho1247.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/what-my-tattoo-means/

untitled.jpg?w=560
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options

Needs to be said-women with tattoos are .... Ummm, yeah. Wow.

I think I love you! :laugh: and feel the same about guys with tattoos.

I've got a tiger on each the back of each hip, three cherry blossoms at the top of my back with petals "floating" down my back (that piece isn't done yet), a butterfly with a kanji symbol on the front of each of my shoulders leading into chest area, a hibiscus on my left inner ankle/calf and a triquetra on my right inner ankle/calf. It's a bit addicting...I want more! :laugh:
  • lizy0726
    lizy0726 Posts: 9
    Options
    I've got a few...

Quarter sleeve on my right arm
    Paw Prints on my left wrist
    Alzheimer's Association logo on my right shoulder to honor loved ones who suffered from Alzheimer's
    Lizard on right leg
    Sun on my right butt cheek
    Tribal band and dragon on my back

Only have a picture of the sleeve, right after i got it done.
    TAT.jpg
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I like girl tattoos better than guy tattoos. My last one was a little girly-ish. I have to be careful. LOL.

Girl tats are more fluid and nice flowy lines and great color, usually a little soft. I like the way they look better than guy tats, which tend to have harder lines, harsher shadows, and a little more aggressive.

Great job ladies. I'm planning my next one now, and I might do a hybrid of soft and flowy, with some hard lines and badass stuff around it. :)
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Too lazy to post pictures... Plus at work. (Maybe later when I get home.)

Right forearm - Western style phoenix w/flames + Eastern style dragon w/water. Symbolism = Ying/Yang + Male/Female + East meets West. Working on a sleeve. This design will eventually move up my arm with smoke framing a water fall with a koi traveling up it. (Alluding to the tale of the carp traveling up a waterfall and transforming into a dragon, in reference to success over adversity and achieving your highest goals.)

On my back underneath my neck between shoulder blades - A fused treble and bass clef on a music staff with seven notes arranged randomly with a small snake underneath swimming above a cresting wave. Symbolism: My love for music. Random notes, because I am told that I can be pretty random and unpredictable. Seven notes for the seven Japanese gods of luck and fortune, snake + water for the particular goddess Benzaiten, goddess of knowledge, art, beauty and music.

I put a lot of thought into my tattoos...because of their permanence. ^_^;;;
  • jacksamjack
    jacksamjack Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    scaled.php?server=72&filename=tattooooo.jpg&res=landing

I was meant to say: 'I love this one' with the picture attached ;-)
    This is absolutely gorgeous. I am planning on getting my first tattoo this year - in celebration of my weight loss - I want to get a phoenix feather down the right side of my back, in gorgeous colours. Love all the pictures!! :flowerforyou:
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I got 1 tattoo - it is a triskele symbol and it is located on my lower back right side. Hoping to get 2 more.
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Girls with tattoos are, well.. wow. i agree.

mine are in my profile pics. what you can see of them.

my next is my belly and right rib cage. and a pickle.
  • Bobbi_N
    Bobbi_N Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    A chinese phoenix on my right ankle for the birth of my son and my "re-birth" into a new phase of life: being a mother.

I have plans for two more that I haven't finalized the ideas for yet: a memorial tattoo for my dad that passed away a year and a half ago and one as my reward for reaching my weight goal.
  • CarrieMyPhilos
    CarrieMyPhilos Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a small celtic knot behind my right ear.
  • supatim
    supatim Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    and a pickle.

Make me wince today...
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Left ankle, symbol for water represents my swimming, my time standards, the friends I made and my coach.
    Back of my neck, pink breast cancer ribbon with wings for my mom :)
  • shearx
    shearx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of tattoos.

My favorites are my Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman portrait on my right forearm and my Lily Munster portrait on my right arm.

389810_256967971026376_480311976_n.jpg

318637_219158291474011_799649484_n.jpg

40777_106247106098464_1005796_n.jpg

69386_123687117687796_6017016_n.jpg

73250_123735264349648_891178_n.jpg

300486_215866425136531_6884460_n.jpg
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Everyone thought I would be covered as soon as I turned 18 because I used to draw all over myself (and friends) back in high school. I'm 27 and have a total of two:

SSPX0205.jpg

t3.jpg

t13.jpg

My wedding band was my first tattoo :)

Don't know why it won't show up though :(
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I have 14. Here are some of mine.

My latest (on my left calf) - got it 11 days ago
    spookyinstagram.jpg

My back piece
    sisterhood.jpg

My feet
    l_925c8dd73e51ab44d600529ad8cdeee7.jpg

Left sleeve (done by Hannah Aitchison of LA Ink fame)
    l_3cb2283fe9d1c21511ffec0168b9822d.jpg

Right sleeve
    l_c54ec545bb042ddb81e6d90e9cde884e.jpg

Folks I think we have a winner! Amazing art! ;-)

I agree! I am waiting to find a great artist to create this kind of artwork on me.

Beautiful designs and executions!
  • lucythinmint
    lucythinmint Posts: 239
    Options
    Right shoulder
    Right inside arm
    Left forearm
    Left ankle

I am currently drawing the piece that will be my right sleeve. Entire arm.
  • Megs081211
    Megs081211 Posts: 150
    Options
    I have 4, right now.

My first one was a butterfly with 4 stars on my hip (it now has 5); each star represents someone who died that was close to me and the butterfly represents peace and tranquility they experience now.

My 2nd one is greek for "know thyself." on my lower back. I got that one to constantly remind me to remember who I am.

My 3rd is the word believe between my shoulder blades. And I got that one because I believe there's a reason I'm here, I had a pretty horrific car wreck that I still to this day not sure why I only escaped with scratches, bruises, and strained muscles.

My 4th is "cest la vie" *that is life" on my foot. To remind me "roll with the punches" and I may not understand why something happens but that's the way life is.

If I had any idea how to post pictures I would
  • AngelRobbie
    AngelRobbie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love tats! I only have one, it simply says 'faith' with a little red heart and it's on my left wrist. I'm at work now, but I'll post a pic when I get home. I want so many more, and once I reach my goal weight, I am getting my side dooone! And I cannot wait ;D
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    You want to know ALL of them?

Ok:
    Taz on right shoulder blade
    track wings on left shoulder blade
    sun in middle of back
    hibiscus flower on left lower back
    tribute piece on right lower back
    butterfly arm band on left forearm
    peace and I strength konji on left inner wrist.
    cancer symbol, four leave clover and waves on right inner wrist.
    grace and wisdom konji on right bicep.
    stars around left ankle
    butterflies on left foot
    lion paw(sorority mascot) on you right shoulder foot.
    butterfly on right ankle
    tribal on right calf.

I think that is all of them....did I forget any? I plan on you getting some pics taken showing off the ink.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have 14. Here are some of mine.

My latest (on my left calf) - got it 11 days ago
    spookyinstagram.jpg

My back piece
    sisterhood.jpg

My feet
    l_925c8dd73e51ab44d600529ad8cdeee7.jpg

Left sleeve (done by Hannah Aitchison of LA Ink fame)
    l_3cb2283fe9d1c21511ffec0168b9822d.jpg

Right sleeve
    l_c54ec545bb042ddb81e6d90e9cde884e.jpg

Folks I think we have a winner! Amazing art! ;-)

I agree! I am waiting to find a great artist to create this kind of artwork on me.

Beautiful designs and executions!

Thanks everyone! I've been VERY lucky to have found some of the most amazing artists. If anyone is in the Chicago area, all of these were done at Deluxe Tattoo - by Hannah Aitchison (left arm), Zack Stuka (feet), and Jason Vaughn (right arm, back and left leg). All of the artists there are incredible and I highly recommed this shop!