What is with teenage girls these days?!?

Options

Replies

• tsaarloos
    tsaarloos Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    ummm...he doesn't have to "finish" for her to get pregnant. If they are doing the deed, and NOT using ANY protection, she can STILL GET PREGNANT.

Don't they teach this in school anymore? oh wait, there are a bunch of 16 and pregnant girls out there so I guess not.

Yep, I was just about to post the same thing....If he were smart he wouldn't be doing the deed with a girl who wants to get pregnant...and um, how many other boyfriends has she had, it is just damn stupid and irresponsible to not be using protection. If she had always used it, she wouldn't know she liked it better without....This makes me sad :(
  • HURLEYX3RO
    HURLEYX3RO Posts: 269
    Options
    I am wondering where the girls Father is at.
    I can pretty much gaurentee that if some 20 year old was dating my 17 year old Daughter; a 20 year old would very soon go missing an an alligator would be well fed.

Now THIS, THIS is what I think is so freaking mindblowing and weird.

The father has also mentioned them getting married!
    To me that's not normal at all.
    Most dad's arent in a hurry to give their daughter away.

Ive told my friend "Dude, run!"

Hmmm. sounds like daddy wants this guy to raise her for him. NOT normal at all. I so agree RUN guy RUN! :frown:

YUP! EXACTLY!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Pregnant high school girls get a lot of attention, and some of them want that attention. They also think it will give them a better chance to hold onto the baby dad. It probably works for some. Of course, most teenagers having babies are lucky to even get child support.
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm not really one to talk.. when I was 16 I was dating 30 year olds.. but now that I've grown up, I see how sick it is.

No, 17 and 20 years old is not that big of a differance, and chances are she is more mature then he is. But, until she's 18 and finished with high school.. she's still a child.
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    3 years isn't that big of an age difference at all, it just depends on the maturity levels of the people in the relationship, in my opinion.

I agree with this. My husband is 3.5 years older then me and we dated my senior year in highschool when I was 17/18. I honestly think that it just depends on the person. Just because I dated an older guy (like a lot of women do) didn't make him a bad person or my mom for letting me date him. Thanks to her this is the person I love and ended up marrying and will be spending the rest of my life with. You dont have to agree with it, and if the parent doesnt consent that that is understandable.
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    Am I the only one that has a problem with a 20 year old "doing" a 17 year old?

It's 3 years???
  • Pomoch325
    Pomoch325 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If she really wants to get pregnant, she will keep pushing until she gets her way. She doesn't like the way condoms feel?? How about birth, or a c-section?? I would take the feel of a condom over that anyday. She sounds like she is using every excuse to increase her chances of getting pregnant. She probably prays for a missed period. If he doesn't feel the same way, he needs to GTFO, or he will be tied down for life.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    & yeah she does want to get preg. She has told him repeatedly that she wants a kid...

Can someone say red flag?

Ok I just caught this...yeah, homegirl needs some counseling or something. I can't imagine WANTING to be pregnant at 17. My sister has friends who got pregnant younger, like 14/15 and then actually planned for babies at 17/18 etc and she thinks they're all out of their minds. She went to a different high school than I did and it was a bit less...affluent I guess I should say, LOTS of teen moms. Many of them came from really bad homes and just wanted the unconditional love...really sad.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I am wondering where the girls Father is at.
    I can pretty much gaurentee that if some 20 year old was dating my 17 year old Daughter; a 20 year old would very soon go missing an an alligator would be well fed.
    What kind of man lets alligators fight his battles?

Man up and eat the 20 year old yourself.
  • HURLEYX3RO
    Options

Depends on the maturity of the girl? I started going out with my boyfriend when I was 16 and he was 19. I'm 26 and we're still together. If I was immature I'm sure I would have been banned from leaving the house by my mum.

The 17 year old in question does seem immature if she wants a baby when she has not finished education, does not have a job and presumably lives with her parents and not her boyfriend.

OP, please make sure your friend knows she can get pregnant even without him finishing. I'm sure he doesn't want to be a father yet, and he will have to support that baby for the best part of two decades.

I agree she does seem immature.
    She does have a job but its a small (after school / Summer) job.
    She lives with her parents, who apparently like him enough to tell them that they want him to marry her.
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I see this often. 15 with 24. 13 with 19. Not shocking by anymeans. Not shocking when I see a 14 yo preg. I am shocked when they say, I will quote one of them. "I really didnt know how it all happened" That from a preg 13 year old. It is very prevalant every where. In my practice I TRY to not judge, but when I am seeing age groups differ like that. I report to the state. If anything is done, or not I do not know. But what I do know is at those ages, they are preying on a child. 17 and 20, I can say not a big deal really from my stand point of what I see. I teach birth control, STDs and so on. Of course I encourage abstinance, but it's not likely to happen not in this day and time. In my practice I can issue birth control without parental consent at a very young age, so I tell every parent to teach there child about sex and abstinance or I will.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Ok, I was that age once(or twice), now I am sure I couldnt be wrong, but as remember most boys at the age did the umm deed, before we actually could do the deed. No control at that age. :huh:
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I'm not really one to talk.. when I was 16 I was dating 30 year olds.. but now that I've grown up, I see how sick it is.

No, 17 and 20 years old is not that big of a differance, and chances are she is more mature then he is. But, until she's 18 and finished with high school.. she's still a child.

And she is OBVIOUSLY mature, wanting to get pregnant @ 17 and all.
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    Its that stupid ****in MTV show! Its ALL those stupid ****ing MTV reality shows!

true
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Pregnant high school girls get a lot of attention, and some of them want that attention. They also think it will give them a better chance to hold onto the baby dad. It probably works for some. Of course, most teenagers having babies are lucky to even get child support.

I was pregnant in high school. I did not get a lot of attention for it.
  • HURLEYX3RO
    Options

thank you--my question. isn't this illegal? even if it wasn't (at that age) my dad would make sure that dude didn't go within 500 yards of me.

In their state, the age of consent is 16 freaking years old! :noway:
  • inktink
    inktink Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Y'all are right, the age difference isn't that big of a deal..until you read the part about her being 17 and *trying* to get pregnant. Obviously she isn't mature enough to be dating someone who is 20. Obviously he isn't smart enough to run the heck away either.
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

OP, please make sure your friend knows she can get pregnant even without him finishing. I'm sure he doesn't want to be a father yet, and he will have to support that baby for the best part of two decades.

This is so true. Now that I look back I realize that even being on birth control, I played with fire and was so LUCKY that I didn't get burned.
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    The age difference has no bearing on this issue. The issue is her trying to get to get preggo. I was 15 and trying to get preggo with a guy the same age as me.......just so I could leave my home and parents........... that was just as wrong and luckily it never happened. He's not messing with a child-she knows what she's doing.
  • HURLEYX3RO
    Options

This is so true. Now that I look back I realize that even being on birth control, I played with fire and was so LUCKY that I didn't get burned.

He knows, which is why she is even more mad that he recently has tried to "cut her off" and refrain from doing anything.
    He has tried to tell her that he would rather not have sex, that the relationship should not be like that. He's told her that
    he thinks that in this relationship sex should be a priviledge not an obligation.

I told him to run, he's considered it, but he really does love the girl and doesn't want to leave her.
    But he also doesn't want to be a father anytime soon. He's trying his hardest to reason with her.
    He'd rather a condom, or her go on birth control, but she is "hard headed"... he is LUCKY (thus far)
    that he hasn't gotten burned.

CONSIDER HIM WARNED.