Euro 2012 - Anyone else watching the tournament?

Options

Replies

• Glasspack
    Glasspack Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If the Netherlands continue this type of play, they are already out. Catching commentary of ESPN FC for weekday games and then watching on ESPN on the weekends. Except Saturday the Warrior Dash is calling my name.
  • Lizlicious2187
    Lizlicious2187 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Gotta go with my homeland! Deutschland!! They are tearing it up against the Netherlands right now!
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Looking at the performance of all the 'top teams' I reckon.....

ENGLAND FOR THE WIN.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    "He scores when he wants!"
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Not looking good for the Oranje. I gotta say I'm pretty surprised. They were one of my favorites for the final before the tournament, but from what I'm seeing, I don't have too much hope they'll make it out of the group stage.
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Ahhh my Dutchies are breaking my heart! Lost their spark :( not happy!
  • arival
    arival Posts: 25
    Options
    Good tournament so far, i support France and Portugal as my national team will never make it lol (iceland)

it was one bad day at the office for Cristiano but i bet he will do better agains Holland and Mario Gomez scores when he wants damn what a man
  • Michelle650
    Michelle650 Posts: 218
    Options
    COME ON IRELAND!!!
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    One step closer, Deutschland!!!!!! Hurrah! :love:
  • Desika87
    Desika87 Posts: 111
    Options
    It would be wicked if the Ukraine wins, wouldn't have a problem with that - if Germany don't make it

I prefer somehow "outsiders"... :-) dunno why but I'm Swiss and we are far away from "brilliant" - but it's always nice to see them play...
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Gutted I missed the Denmark vs Portugal match yesterday. I heard it was a really good game! Holland's defense was poor throughout the match against Germany and Gomez scored two beautiful goals for them...and so was Van Persie's goal :)

Who are playing today?
  • Desika87
    Desika87 Posts: 111
    Options
    Gutted I missed the Denmark vs Portugal match yesterday. I heard it was a really good game! Holland's defense was poor throughout the match against Germany and Gomez scored two beautiful goals for them...and so was Van Persie's goal :)

Who are playing today?

Italy - Croatia 6 p.m. CET in Posen (Poland)
    Spain - Ireland 8:45 p.m. in Danzig (Poland)
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    ireland v spain

italy v croatia

dam beat me to it,

P.s any football fans out there that wants a football friend then drop me a message :)
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    I've been looking forward to this since the end of the Premier League season! How exciting has this first match been so far? I can honestly say I didn't expect much from Poland or Greece to start with, but it's been a pleasant surprise.

Looking forward to the Czech Republic v Russia match later today as well.

Any predictions for who will take the tournament this year?

So excited for the tournament! Yesterdays Portugal v Denmark match was really fun to watch. As a Tottenham Hotspur supporter, i am looking forward to todays match with Croatia v Italy. I want to see Luka Modric do his thing v the Italy defense. Before the tournament started i thought Netherlands would win the whole thing. That doesn't seem likely at this moment. Either way, great tournament so far. Looking forward to todays matches.
  • HellsKells
    Options
    ...any football fans out there that wants a football friend then drop me a message :)

Ditto! I love talking football and don't have many friends here that have even a smidge of interest in the sport! :smile:
  • HellsKells
    Options

As a Tottenham Hotspur supporter....

What did you think of the news yesterday about Redknapp? Can't say I'm shocked given the tenuous relationship he had with Levy, but I am an Everton supporter, and don't want to see Moyes go (since he seems to be top choice to fill the position), even though he deserves a club with money to work with.
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    COME ON IRELAND!!!

I am pulling for Ireland as well. Robbie Keane had a really bad performance last match. A must win for Ireland. Fan of his since hsi days with Tottenham.
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options

As a Tottenham Hotspur supporter....

What did you think of the news yesterday about Redknapp? Can't say I'm shocked given the tenuous relationship he had with Levy, but I am an Everton supporter, and don't want to see Moyes go (since he seems to be top choice to fill the position), even though he deserves a club with money to work with.

Agreed. Not surprised at all given the relationship they had. Still upset about him not being on the pitch this coming season at the Lane. I am afraid of what affect it will have on the squad though. So many rumors of Modric, Bale and VDV making moves elsewhere. I don't know much about Moyes....just what he has does w/ Everton the last decade. The man can manage....flat out. Everton were always competitive without having the bank account to work with. I've always enjoyed watching Everton play. I like the way Cahill plays.
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Modric will end up at United. Bale will go to Europe.
  • HellsKells
    Options
    He's definitely a great manager - which is why I don't want him to go...lol.