Euro 2012 - Anyone else watching the tournament?

Options

Replies

• TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Get in. Italy is going down!
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    These weekend quarterfinals games are going to be awesome, but I already know who's going to win. Get ready for a Portugal-Spain and Germany-Italy semifinal.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    today i'll be having withdrawal.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Now I'm actually going to have to work this afternoon, instead of keeping track of a match or two. :laugh:
  • ThatGirlEmi
    Options
    Now that Poland are out :( naturally I'm supporting England. But their games are BORING!
  • YaBoiMUGS
    Options
    today i'll be having withdrawal.

I recorded the Portugal vs Netherlands game on my DVR to avoid withdrawals today. Gots to see my man Cristiano Ronaldo dominate again.
  • HellsKells
    Options
    That's a good match to re-watch. I actually wish I'd kept pne of the first matches - either Poland v Greece or Russia v Czech Republic - to watch, because those were really good ones as well.
  • EricWinter
    EricWinter Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Would be great to see what Moyes could do with the budget at Tottenham. but agreed it would really hurt Everton. He is a completely different manager than Redknapp but there are some good managers out there to replace him. How about Wigan's Martinez? Go England :-) Italy - England will be a sleeper but you never know which team will show up to play. Germany & Spain wouldn't surprise for title but Italy showing signs. Should be a good weekend of football.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    Options
    I agree, I wouldn't be shocked if Italy made it to the final. Balotelli is such a wild card, so you never know.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    i wonder whos going to get the goal that will probably win this now. id like for it to be Ronaldo.

also i wish they wouldnt let PKs decide the final. they should just play until someone scores. its a much better way to determine it than a skills competition.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Ronaldo it is! i wish i could be him for a day. lol
  • TheDoctor90
    Options
    Ronaldo it is! i wish i could be him for a day. lol

He's a smug pretty boy. Even when he played for United he did my head in.
  • HellsKells
    Options
    He's a smug pretty boy.....

Agreed. But he's a VERY pretty boy, and well....he knows what he's doing on the pitch. So, yeah, I'm not a fan of his narcissism either, but I have to give credit where it's due.
  • TheDoctor90
    Options

Agreed. But he's a VERY pretty boy, and well....he knows what he's doing on the pitch. So, yeah, I'm not a fan of his narcissism either, but I have to give credit where it's due.

He's an amazing player, but needs to lose the attitude, the arrogance and his general smug face. It's the reason why people dislike him, but love Messi. Just get on with it and do your talking on the pitch.
  • HellsKells
    Options
    Would you pay to slap some of the smug off his face? I know plenty who would. :laugh:
  • TheDoctor90
    Options
    Would you pay to slap some of the smug off his face? I know plenty who would. :laugh:

I don't dislike him that much. I just wish he'd focus more on his football than all the showmanship.
  • spells1977
    spells1977 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Ronaldo. He makes my skin crawl. However defo think he's the best player in the world at the moment. Even better than Messi.

Routing for Germany tomorrow night as i have them in the sweep stake :)
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options

He's an amazing player, but needs to lose the attitude, the arrogance and his general smug face. It's the reason why people dislike him, but love Messi. Just get on with it and do your talking on the pitch.

Most definitely! And the way the commentators kept going on about Ronaldo like he was the only player on the pitch really annoyed me -__- anyway, looking forward to Greece vs Germany tomorrow :)
  • RetroMoobs
    RetroMoobs Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Ronaldo. He makes my skin crawl. However defo think he's the best player in the world at the moment. Even better than Messi.

He will never be a better player than Messi, forever is his shadow and I bet it eats away at him knowing that if he was around in any other era he would be the stand out player.

Unless Maradona or Pele were around of course. ;)
  • spells1977
    spells1977 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

He will never be a better player than Messi, forever is his shadow and I bet it eats away at him knowing that if he was around in any other era he would be the stand out player.

Unless Maradona or Pele were around of course. ;)

Haha I think Messi has to prove himself and come play in The Premiership - the toughest league in the world. Way too easy for him in spain. Bad defences and all that.....