Euro 2012 - Anyone else watching the tournament?

Options

Replies

• Mctree20
    Mctree20 Posts: 137
    Options
    Yes. Get in there!! :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    wow what a nice redirect...now just hold on!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Bring on Rooney!!!
  • Mctree20
    Mctree20 Posts: 137
    Options
    Great game! Great result.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Nice. Way to go England. I can honestly say i didn't expect them to make it out of group stages, so I'm glad I was wrong. They're playing pretty well together. Could be interesting going forward.

Great matches today all around :smile:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Nice. Way to go England. I can honestly say i didn't expect them to make it out of group stages, so I'm glad I was wrong. They're playing pretty well together. Could be interesting going forward.

Great matches today all around :smile:
    I decided I want them to go all the way through to the final because the gym was oh so nice and empty :D
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Well I'm sure they appreciate your support, no matter what the reason.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I am totally pissed that the two important games for my team now are on a Monday....all week I thought they were Sunday....now Imma have to put a giant sign at my work saying "Do not discuss Euro 2012, games are being taped to be watched tonight"

And then avoid MFP and facebook til I watch.....

:explode:
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    I really hate to break it to everyone, but you all know Spain is winning it all....again. You shouldn't be surprised. This is the best team in the history of Football.
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I love when the football is on.

I get the gym all to myself. I can't stand watching it - bunch of pansies tripping over blades of grass.

You sound like a Yank. Except you're not, which makes this worse.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

I get the gym all to myself. I can't stand watching it - bunch of pansies tripping over blades of grass.

hey now not all "Yanks" hate football. I prefer this 1000X over the hand egg version any day. I've caught most of the games during the tourney. I don't have a favorite but I wouldn't be upset if Germany didn't win :bigsmile:
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

hey now not all "Yanks" hate football. I prefer this 1000X over the hand egg version any day. I've caught most of the games during the tourney. I don't have a favorite but I wouldn't be upset if Germany didn't win :bigsmile:

Not saying they do, but the 'footballers fall over' or 'footballers are big girls' is usually a statement Americans make.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options

Not saying they do, but the 'footballers fall over' or 'footballers are big girls' is usually a statement Americans make.

It's just this country's way of marginalizing a sport it had no hand in creating. Typical, pompous, American attitude towards a global passion. I fight with my friends about it all the time. Everything they hate about it, I point out exists in every other sport.
  • RetroMoobs
    RetroMoobs Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The most globally appealing sport in the world from grass roots to the top level.

No other sport can, or ever will match it's pull to such a diverse audience and those that participate.

Saying that, the game was better as a spectator sport before the money men and FIFA had their way in recent times.

Football in the 70's and 80's, that was football at its best, no one would be getting accused of tripping over blades of grass back then ! ;)
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    American football is definitely by far my favorite sport to watch and the NFL is my favorite league. It amazes me that all 32 NFL teams are in the top 50 most valuable sports franchises in the world. that just shows how crazy we are about it.

having said that i also love watching Euro and World Cup along with the EPL and some of La Liga. and of course soccer is the world's sport and i wish we (USA) were more involved. it would be cool if in 10-20 years some of our teams like New York or L.A. were involved in some Super League with the best teams in Europe. one can dream cant they? :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    greece making things interesting
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    OMG I do not believe this... I want Russia to win T-T
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    wow Russia is out right now...
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    *cries in despair* you gotta be kidding me, I cannot believe this, Russia better steps it up
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    wow so close for Russia