Euro 2012 - Anyone else watching the tournament?

Options

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    lol the actions of the Greek player right there faking injury is why so many Americans make fun of the sport. its just shameful. but i can look past it! :)
  • blu_diva
    blu_diva Posts: 25
    Options
    cheering for Greece! Ellada ole!
  • jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Heck yes!!!
    Big day tomorrow, I'm a big time German fan
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    wow Russia out. didnt expect that.
  • marla_jones
    marla_jones Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    How about that Greece!? They won huh?
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I am going to bed... that just spoilt my saturday nite *sulks*
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    wow....I can't believe Russia is out either. Unlucky. Can't say I expected the Czechs to win the group either! Topsy turvy day today for sure. Looking forward to tomorrow's matches! :drinker:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    American football is definitely by far my favorite sport to watch and the NFL is my favorite league. It amazes me that all 32 NFL teams are in the top 50 most valuable sports franchises in the world. that just shows how crazy we are about it.

having said that i also love watching Euro and World Cup along with the EPL and some of La Liga. and of course soccer is the world's sport and i wish we (USA) were more involved. it would be cool if in 10-20 years some of our teams like New York or L.A. were involved in some Super League with the best teams in Europe. one can dream cant they? :)

that would be very cool.. that would take a whole lot of changes though, probably starting with offering more high school and college soccer scholarships for boys.

and i also agree with american football being my favorite to watch. people complain about the starts and stops and time outs, but that makes it easier for bathroom breaks and snack breaks :laugh:

great job for the czechs and the greeks. those were 2 good games and gave me excellent entertainment while on the treadmill.

can't wait to see tomorrow's games
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    I wish Euro would never end! today should be fun.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Totally finger nail biting now.... come on Germany ... SCHLAND! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    just found out the picture within picture on my cable remote doesnt work grrrrrrr!!!

these are going to be some good games today!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    exciting so far!
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Crazy how crap Holland are given the players they have.
    C'mon Denmark!!!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    so it looks like Germany and Portugal.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I am super sad that I work today during the biggest games of the tournament so far for my team.....I will not get home until about three hours after it is over, so I have to keep my head and ears away from facebook and here, and away from people trying to talk about it, lol

As soon as I get home, I will make dinner, and watch the games. THEN come online......

Forza Italia!!
  • HellsKells
    Options
    Crazy how crap Holland are given the players they have.

My thoughts exactly. WTF happened to them this tournament?

The Croatia/Spain match today could be a belter. Looking forward to watching when I get home from work. Hooray for DVRs! :smile:
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    nice goal for Balotelli.
  • HellsKells
    Options
    I really wanna like that guy. He plays some great football, but his attitude.....ugh.

Looking forward to watching these matches when I get home tonight, even though the results are what I expected.
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Well that's crushed any little hope of England getting anywhere. Not going to beat Spain.
  • flagator11
    flagator11 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Anyone in the USA waiting for Ballack and Lalas to start throwing punches in the ESPN studios?