anyone have any luck finding a natural appetite suppresant

Options
I have been looking for a natural way to suppress my appetite. Not having any luck..

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Coffee works for me
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I use something called fat. I find it very satisfying and it lasts me longer between meals than if I don't have it with the meal.
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    When I feel hungry, I drink 12 oz of water. I make sure to drink lots and lots of water throughout the day (at least 64 oz if not exercising, 96oz when doing intense cardio) More often than not, thirst is mistaken for hunger. Also, there are food that have natural "appetite suppressant" properties, whether it be high fiber, natural healthy fats among others, making you feel fuller, longer... Here is a website that lists a few you can try to pepper in throughout the day and see if that helps. I know it's frustrating, I have been there too! Good luck!

http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/diet-tips/top-25-natural-appetite-suppressants
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Make sure all your meals have fat, protein and fiber, it will help keep you full longer. Drink lots of water.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Coffee works for me

this

and exercise strangely enough
  • Brandib1985
    Brandib1985 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I keep reading that hoodia is a natural way but isnt that a diet pill?
  • emilylacey1010
    Options
    Coffee works for me

this

Exercise is right! Nothing like working out to make me Not Wanna Eat!
    But I understand what you mean
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    water & B12
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    For me cinnamon and vanilla for sugar cravings and ginger and jalapeno overall works fine for portion control but I like my food sometimes overspicy. Also a glass of sparkling water instead of water since a glass of water doesn't do the trick for me and I dislike drinking huge amounts in short time.
  • mariea_bo
    mariea_bo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Check out Saffron Extract with Satiereal. It was featured as a natural appetite suppresant on Dr. Oz.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    Make sure all your meals have fat, protein and fiber, it will help keep you full longer. Drink lots of water.

^^^ This

Check out Saffron Extract with Satiereal. It was featured as a natural appetite suppresant on Dr. Oz.

Well, if Dr Oz says it's good..................:tongue:
  • rlpalomino
    rlpalomino Posts: 27
    Options
    I was having problems with my dinner meal, Dr Oz, mentioned eating half a serving or 1/8 of a cup (75 cal.) of nuts a hour before a meal to keep you from overeating. He also mentioned sprinkling chili pepper's helps too. The capsaicin in the chili pepper works to kill the messages that your hungry, and increases metabolism.

This came from the book, You Losing Weight The Owner's Manual to Simple and Healthy Weight Loss. Michael F. Roizen, MD and Mehmet C. Oz, MD
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    yep... its called water. i drink at least 72oz a day.

keeps your belly full..
  • Jenn_10
    Jenn_10 Posts: 83
    Options
    yep... its called water

keeps your belly full..

^ This
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Taking a look at my thighs in the mirror does wonders for me.

Plus, now that I'm tracking my calories and trying to eat only whole foods, I find I do okay. Especially if I time exactly when it's time to eat. I know I have my after workout shake at 7, snack around 10, lunch around 12-1, protein bar around 3 and then dinner around 6. Usually I have a little left over for a little something with TV (that doesn't contain carbsof course).
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Food.

Oh, you mean besides that? I agree with try higher fat and/or fiber. Oh, and protein.

I will occasionally drink one of those energy shots that are essentially just a high dose of some B vitamins. I don't know if it does much. It does seem to give a slight lift. It's not natural, per se, but B vitamins are.
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    personally I split my meal up over several hours--cut my sandwich in half so i get "two" lunches. I hope one of these tips works for you!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    If I am a little hungry before I run, when I am done I dont even have a appetite for a couple hours then its dinner time. I also read the forums and look at the before and after pics that keeps me motivated. And I think about all the little motivational saying such as im not a dog so I dont give myself treats, or Abs are made in the kitchen ect ect. That being said I still faulter and eat ice cream.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Coffee works for me

this

the exercise makes me eat like a grown man!!! :)
  • itshappeningnow
    Options
    The Native Americans, and I suppose pioneers, those with long travels used Chia seeds. I believe they are selling them at health stores or you can go on line and search. These little seeds expand in your stomach and give the feeling of fullness and they are good for you as well. Just a piece of knowledge - IAHN