Euro 2012 - Anyone else watching the tournament?

Options

Replies

• UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    Modric will end up at United. Bale will go to Europe.

I think you're right.....Bale to Real. Better fit for their style of play than if he went to Barca.
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    He's definitely a great manager - which is why I don't want him to go...lol.

Do you have an opinion on Roberto Martinez? I thought i read he was a candidate for Spurs job as well. I only know what he has done with Wigan....the way they played to keep themselves in top flight was pretty incredible. Wigan won 7 of the last 9 matches. Of those 7 matches, they beat Man U, Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool. Pretty awesome.
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I have watched all the games so far!!! Actually realised last night I haven't watched anything BUT football and sport on tv since before last Friday lol

I am part Spanish so I am cheering on Spain (But I have Netherlands & Denmark in the weepstake at work) opening day games were wicked :) x
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    If England, get out of the group, then our next game will be Croatia, I think, but IF we get out of the group.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Do you have an opinion on Roberto Martinez? I thought i read he was a candidate for Spurs job as well. I only know what he has done with Wigan....the way they played to keep themselves in top flight was pretty incredible. Wigan won 7 of the last 9 matches. Of those 7 matches, they beat Man U, Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool. Pretty awesome.

Yeah, I'm really only familiar with what he's done at Wigan as well, but to be honest, in my opinion, it's not been that impressive. He's been there for just about 3 years, and in that time, they've only won 34 matches. They've fought to keep themselves in the Prem the last 3 seasons, because they aren't consistent throughout. I don't believe they have the BEST squad around, but they certainly have some decent players, so I think it's more down to his management.

If he's a candidate, I would say it's only because he's available at the moment, not because of his stellar management career, but that's just my opinion. :smile:
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    If England, get out of the group, then our next game will be Croatia, I think, but IF we get out of the group.

Depends on whether we come first or second in the group and who wins group C. Can't see Croatia outdoing Italy and Spain.
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options

Yeah, I'm really only familiar with what he's done at Wigan as well, but to be honest, in my opinion, it's not been that impressive. He's been there for just about 3 years, and in that time, they've only won 34 matches. They've fought to keep themselves in the Prem the last 3 seasons, because they aren't consistent throughout. I don't believe they have the BEST squad around, but they certainly have some decent players, so I think it's more down to his management.

If he's a candidate, I would say it's only because he's available at the moment, not because of his stellar management career, but that's just my opinion. :smile:

Great info. I didn't know that about Wigan. BTW, great thread post. I was hoping someone put one up about Euro 2012.
  • RF3377
    RF3377 Posts: 97
    Options
    Really keeping the faith alive that Ireland can beat Spain tonight! lol
  • RetroMoobs
    RetroMoobs Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Really keeping the faith alive that Ireland can beat Spain tonight! lol

Thats some serious faith you have there!
  • RF3377
    Options
    Hahaha I know but someone has too!
  • RetroMoobs
    Options
    You never know, I will have my fingers and everything else crossed for the Irish as I'm half irish myself.

Maybe Spain will have an off day!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Half hour to go, getting pumped up now....

Forza Azzurri!!!!
  • RF3377
    Options
    With a bit of luck they will! :D
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    HERE WE GO!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    screaming.jpg
  • HellsKells
    Options
    Italy only have themselves to blame if they go out in the group stage. They should have pressed that lead, instead of sitting back and riding it out. They did make a good effort after it leveled, but they needed to do more to secure their lead.

Props to Croatia for rallying in the second half though. For me, they're underdogs in this group.
  • arival
    arival Posts: 25
    Options
    spain is gonna massacre Ireland i think 4-5 to zero, Best Team in the euros but u never know, Torres is in the starting line up so it will be intresting he can manage to score a goal or two but i bet iniesta will bang 1 or 2 goals atleast, Xavi+Iniesta = pure class
  • HellsKells
    Options
    I think Spain will probably win, but I'm not sure it'll be a massacre. I can see Ireland taking a defensive strategy, which could make this a really boring match to watch.
  • HellsKells
    Options
    Double post.

Also think it's funny that Del Bosque commented this week that they may not even use a recognized striker against Ireland, but he has one in his lineup today anyway (and has pulled his goal scorer).
  • RetroMoobs
    Options
    The season Torres has had you could easily say he's not a recognized striker! ;)