Do you have a crazy....

Options

Replies

• comogirl
    comogirl Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm trypophobic. I won't explain it without getting the willies, you can google it.
    Googled it. Very interesting.

Interesting? I was digusted LOL Couldn't keep reading...was afraid I would become a trypophobic!
    Hahahahaha! I'm a nurse not much about the human body grosses me out anymore. And my mom is deathly afraid of snakes too. But you were the first person to mention it on here, I would have thought there would be more.
  • BecTech
    BecTech Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Emetophobic.
    I learnt this year that it's not just when I do it anymore. When other people vomit infront of me (or I heard they did) I have horrible panic attacks that leaves me out of commission for sometimes days :I
    Pretty embarassing in public, too.
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am terrified of tornadoes. When there are warnings I move everything & everyone to the basement just in case.

Same here. I even have nightmares!! It's terrible!
  • delikium
    delikium Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    -Sharks or shadows in the water...even when I'm in a pool =.=
    -Spiders... they chase ME, I swear!
    -Enclosed twisting stairs...like in a tower of a church or castle...I freak out because I cann't see anything in front of or behind me....and I panick because I think I will get stuck in it.
    -Other people's hair especially when it's long, in my food, on the floor in the gym's dressing room (on my feet or between my toes, eek!), floating in the swimming pool water... yuk yuk yuk!!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I'm trypophobic. I won't explain it without getting the willies, you can google it.

Interesting? I was digusted LOL Couldn't keep reading...was afraid I would become a trypophobic!

I think I just became typophobic!

Actually I never looked if mine has a name, but I cant stand things in large numbers. No just living things in very large numbers. People, fish, birds, those are the worst. I should google it.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Do you have a crazy phobia, or irrational fear? I am so afraid of worms. It is a full phobia. They scare me to death. I hate it when it rains and they all seem to come up out of the ground to torment me. My husband and family think that my phobia is nuts, and it is, but I think there are lots of people with them. Mine stems from a childhood "trauma" in which another little girl dumped a whole bucket of worms on me in my new dress.
    So now that I have exposed mine, what is yours?

I think it's overblown 95% of the time. Like worms, they're HARMLESS. They can't even hurt you if they tried. I have no phobia. I am awesome.
  • delikium
    Options

I googled images by accident instead of a normal search....big mistake....i might not sleep tonight.
  • comogirl
    Options

I think I just became typophobic!

Actually I never looked if mine has a name, but I cant stand things in large numbers. No just living things in very large numbers. People, fish, birds, those are the worst. I should google it.
    Yes I googled the name of mine, and bizarre as it is there is a name for it.....Scoleciphiobia and Helminthophobia .
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    http://phobialist.com/

This is awesome. I guess the whole garlic vampire thing came from someone having a fear of garlic, so weird.
  • delikium
    Options
    please don't geach me any more new words...i'm done for now :embarassed:
  • cinnamon_gurl
    Options

Ok, that's kinda gross
  • SarahK2710
    Options
    I get grossed out by feet, mouths and leeches, but have a crippling fear of mushroom (micophobia.) My babysitter used to feed us Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup and I didn't like it, but she yelled at me and I wasn't allowed to leave the table until I ate it....I'm pretty sure I threw it back up on her couch. Ha!
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Clowns! I friggin HATE them! When I was on tour in Afghan, a few of the boys in my reg thought it would be funny to paint their faces and scare the crap out of me. I had no problem with palm sized spiders when they were crawling around us but screamed around camp when they jumped out at me with their clown faces. He's lucky I didn't shoot him.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Spiders, heights, snakes: LOVE them all. But, I cannot, for the life of me, have people touch my neck. :noway: I must have had a bad experience with vampires in a past life.
  • Katacheese
    Katacheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Fear of being unable to see the bottom when I'm in deep water. I'm ok on a boat, but I can't go swimming where I can't see a bottom unless I have a noodle or life vest.
  • Alissakelly
    Alissakelly Posts: 119
    Options
    Yess!!! I can't have someone walking behind me on stairs. I don't know why but it scares the heck out of me!!

I either let them go a head (which probably makes it seem like i want to check there bum out hahaha) or I BOOK it down/up which usually ends with me tripping.

It's a hard life! :P
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i have this absolute phobia of our government.
    i fear that they will start chipping away at our rights and freedoms and use terrorism and drugs as justification.
    but my worst fear is that people won't notice or care and just accept it.

oh wait.
  • comogirl
    Options
    Clowns! I friggin HATE them! When I was on tour in Afghan, a few of the boys in my reg thought it would be funny to paint their faces and scare the crap out of me. I had no problem with palm sized spiders when they were crawling around us but screamed around camp when they jumped out at me with their clown faces. He's lucky I didn't shoot him.
    Very lucky indeed!
  • valorieflowers
    Options
    LADDERS! I am not afraid of heights in general, such as really tall buildings, it is the height+instability of a ladder. I cannot climb past the 3rd rung without gripping panic.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have the most horrible case of driving anxiety.
    I get in the car, everything's fine. I put on the seatbelt, everything's fine. I turn on the engine, everything's fine. The car begins to move at .5 miles per hour, I begin to sob uncontrollably.