Do you have a crazy....

Options

Replies

• cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I know snakes arent all that uncommon a fear but my phobia of them is intense. Just seeing a picture of one makes me break into a cold sweat and start trembling. When I had to read Huck Finn in high school I had nightmares for weeks after reading the part when Jim got bit by a rattlesnake.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i have this absolute phobia of our government.
    i fear that they will start chipping away at our rights and freedoms and use terrorism and drugs as justification.
    but my worst fear is that people won't notice or care and just accept it.

oh wait.

Winston Smith, is that you?!
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I don't if you have all seen Kindergarten cop but there is a part when Arnold looks out the window and see the psycho crazy dude right outside his window in the rain with a gun. Basically that is my fear since I saw that. I literally can't walk past windows in the dark or the rain. I run past or close the blinds with my eyes closed. Weird.
  • irishdancer23
    irishdancer23 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    throwing up. if someone else is throwing up, i will run out of the house/building and refuse to come back in. if i know i am going to throw up, i start crying like a baby, or i shake so bad i can barely stand up. i apologize in advance to my future children, but if they ever get the flu, they're on their own :)
  • poundsgalore
    poundsgalore Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Ants, all ants, big ones, little ones, red ones, black ones, all of them. They freak me out!!

I left one out, I always cannot and will not look out of a dark window at night. I have to have my blinds closed or curtains shut. I always think I am going to see eyes staring back at me. Crazy.:devil:
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I am scared of ending up alone (even though I am married and have an enormous amount of family members...maybe the apocalypse? ) I am also still spooked by the dark (or what's hiding in the dark.)
  • Astroduckula
    Options
    No irrational phobias here - But I do have a friend who has a playing card phobia. Hilarious!

As for me, only things I dislike are ladders (they just feel unsafe) and closed in lifts - whole box suspended by a few strong cables and a windy mechanism (I don't know the full workings I will admit) I have no problem with glass ones though, perhaps it's some part of my subconscious that's decided if I'm going to die inside a falling elevator at least I can see my surroundings before I go splat.
  • katieisgreat
    Options

I'm also afraid of closet monsters (yes, you read that correctly). I can't sleep with my closet door open. I'm convinced that if the door is open and something is hiding in there I can't see or hear them come out. But if the door is closed then I will hear it open and be able to defend myself. I've been this way for as long as I can remember. My husband thinks I'm bonkers.

Oh no, I have the closet monster fear too! Also the monster under the bed fear. I'm convinced these monsters are siblings.
    If the closet is closed I'm fine, but I can't sleep with an open closet door. My current home has a large, cavernous closet in my bedroom, with an irregular opening that can't house a door. I'll only sleep upstairs if I have a friend or my boyfriend with me. Otherwise it's the couch for me.

I am also terrified of basements. I can usually go down there, but coming back up means speeding up the stairs as fast as possible! And I'll never glance behind me, never.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i fear that they will start chipping away at our rights and freedoms and use terrorism and drugs as justification.

oh wait.

the answer to 1984 is 1776.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I fear for the survival of mankind with all these irrational fears...

Oh yeah and I don't like cockroaches!!
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Used to be really scared of horses. Not sure why, but it is much better now. I can actually aproach a horse now without shaking.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options

oh wait.

That's just Common Sense
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I hate large shops. Claustrophic wouldn't be the right way to describe it, but it's just the large space with the huge amount of stuff in it- it drives me crazy. After 15 minutes I've got a headache and have had enough.

Also, I used to never be able to be in a room with an open door. As a child, I was always scared of ghosts and of course the most common thing is the door suddenly slamming shut. So I would always have to have doors closed, so a ghost couldn't suddenly slam it.

Such a weird kid.
  • MissC787
    MissC787 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have a few.

Bridges, because they can break/fall. (I don't mind going over them so much as being stuck in traffic on them.)

Clausterphobia, I don't even sleep with my face covered.

People who are "double jointed". No! I don't want to see how you can touch the back of your hand with your fingers.

Being on boats/ships.... I have to be drunk or drugged to get me on them. I don't want to be on a sinking boat/ship.

Planes, because they are always crashing, or catching fire.

My house catching on fire. I always check to make sure all the "important stuff" I need is in a easy to grab place just in case.

Those are just some.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options

oh wait.

Well I had thought that my big fear was great huge hairy scuttley eight legged spidery things, but now you mention it....
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Bugs in general.
    One time I was in the shower and I looked to my left at what I thought was a glob of hair on the shower curtain. I went to shake it off and it was a giant centipede. I ripped the curtain open and ran screaming for bloody hell.
  • FTClown
    FTClown Posts: 181
    Options
    Yess!!! I can't have someone walking behind me on stairs. I don't know why but it scares the heck out of me!!

I either let them go a head (which probably makes it seem like i want to check there bum out hahaha) or I BOOK it down/up which usually ends with me tripping.

It's a hard life! :P
    I have the same issue, I mean I guess with stairs in my house I can rush it up, but it also happens when walling down the street, something creeps me out if they behind me. Need then next to or in front of me all the time.
  • LaneyRZ
    LaneyRZ Posts: 22 Member
    Options

oh wait.

That's just Common Sense

I'll ask my Big Brother about it.
  • FTClown
    FTClown Posts: 181
    Options
    Yess!!! I can't have someone walking behind me on stairs. I don't know why but it scares the heck out of me!!

I either let them go a head (which probably makes it seem like i want to check there bum out hahaha) or I BOOK it down/up which usually ends with me tripping.

It's a hard life! :P
    I have the same issue, I mean I guess with stairs in my house I can rush it up, but it also happens when walling down the street, something creeps me out if they behind me. Need then next to or in front of me all the time.
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Octopusses. Octopi? I would be terrified if there was an Octopuss in front of me. Aquariums and swimming in the sea is a problem for me. I can't even google "Octopuss" - the pictures alone freak me out.