My Opinion:Can we Please not make this site Political????

Options

Replies

• focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    my opinion was just that my opinion and i thought others might be with me, looks like that is not the case, so you people enjoy your politics I am going back to my normally scheduled weight loss.

While I agree with you, I hate to say it, you should have seen these responses coming :laugh:

BTW as its been said, its already against the rules to talk politics on the board.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Infomercial over so back on topic......You mean this site won't be changing to My Fitness Politics? :noway:
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    So i see people posting political stuff on here, this is supposed to be about health and weight loss and fun and games, IMO lets leave the political stuff on Facebook, here we all have a shared goal of being healthy. I too am very political and if your on my facebook you know that, but lets leave it there.

No one is making you post or read a political thread. You have to physically go and click on it. Some people enjoy discussing politics or even getting in political debates, if you don't that is fine, don't engage in it then.
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Threads like this just give me a reality check regarding the diversity of people in general. Since I am generally one of those people who think that my opinion is the RIGHT opinion, this type of thing comes in handy to set me straight. :laugh: Can't we all just get along??:flowerforyou:
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Yeah forget politics! Let's talk about periods, sex, and who on this site you wanna bone. Oh and eat more vs. eat less...lets do that one again? Can we?! Can we?!
  • focus4fitness
    Options
    So i see people posting political stuff on here, this is supposed to be about health and weight loss and fun and games, IMO lets leave the political stuff on Facebook, here we all have a shared goal of being healthy. I too am very political and if your on my facebook you know that, but lets leave it there.

Haha, because you know Facebook is where all the intelligent debates are :P

Right?

I want to close my facebook because of politics.
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options

Right?

I did! Months ago, havent missed it even slightly. Its funny how people look at me like a Martian "WHAT?! You dont have facebook?!" :noway:
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    my opinion was just that my opinion and i thought others might be with me, looks like that is not the case, so you people enjoy your politics I am going back to my normally scheduled weight loss.

While I agree with you, I hate to say it, you should have seen these responses coming :laugh:

BTW as its been said, its already against the rules to talk politics on the board.

Actually, I don't think we are talking politics on this thread, we are talking about whether we should talk about politics
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    the thing is admins always lock threads that are on the subject of poltics. if they are reported it gets locked. some will post another topic on it violate the rules. I agree though this is about weight/eating journey not politiical propanganda
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see at MFP debate board that way those of us who want to 'mass debate' can argue and leave the prissy tommy tankers to whnge and moan about topics that free speaking, free people might or might not have posted on the wrong freaking board! :)
  • focus4fitness
    Options

Right?

I did! Months ago, havent missed it even slightly. Its funny how people look at me like a Martian "WHAT?! You dont have facebook?!" :noway:

You're smart, I wish I would have done that a few years ago.
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see at MFP debate board that way those of us who want to 'mass debate' can argue and leave the prissy tommy tankers to whnge and moan about topics that free speaking, free people might or might not have posted on the wrong freaking board! :)

Haha! :heart: :drinker:
  • focus4fitness
    Options

There is one, its called Debatable Debating or something like that. You have to search the groups for one of those two words. I was in that group under my old account but chose to leave and start a new account because I was not losing any weight and I was focusing on all the wrong things. :laugh: I can't do two things at once.
  • 4thehardman
    Options

Right?

Yeah, politics and my previously normal friends talking about what colour thier offsprings poop is this week and how the little snowflake might just be a genius because it rolled over or something...
  • focus4fitness
    Options

Actually, I don't think we are talking politics on this thread, we are talking about whether we should talk about politics

I was not talking about this thread. I was answering the OP.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options

Right?

I deleted all the people that constantly said stuff about politics and religion, well except family and still thinking about deleting them too.
  • focus4fitness
    Options

Right?

Yeah, politics and my previously normal friends talking about what colour thier offsprings poop is this week and how the little snowflake might just be a genius because it rolled over or something...

All of my friends on facebook have kids who are geniuses too!! Wait, wrong word. They're "Gifted."
  • focus4fitness
    Options

Right?

I deleted all the people that constantly said stuff about politics and religion, well except family and still thinking about deleting them too.

Family? IMO they're the WORST.
  • 4thehardman
    Options

Right?

All of my friends on facebook have kids who are geniuses too!! Wait, wrong word. They're "Gifted."

Ah yes, gifted. That and the ones with kids that look like they might be the missing link and yet the parents ask if anyone knows of a good modeling agency for the sproglet and all of a sudden crickers and tumbleweed from their perfect visioned friends!!
  • focus4fitness
    Options

[/quote]
    Right?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah yes, gifted. That and the ones with kids that look like they might be the missing link and yet the parents ask if anyone knows of a good modeling agency for the sproglet and all of a sudden crickers and tumbleweed from their perfect visioned friends!!
    [/quote]

:laugh:

Oh I love those!! The ones who always want you to vote for their baby on one of those "rate my baby" type places.

I think we must have some friends in common lol

**edit to say, YAY I fixed the quotes! I am a genius!! SPoke too soon. Not a genius. WTF!