Starting 30 day shred today...JOIN ME?!

Options

Replies

• collectsfrogs
    collectsfrogs Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Finished L1D4, and I think today has been the roughest day so far. I have started about 5 times before and this is usually how far I've made it. I WILL do Day 5 tomorrow. The weekend is my big test!
  • nikkyc79
    nikkyc79 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm In! Just got it today! will post again if I'm able to move my fingers to type:) Feel free to add me!
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I did day two last night and my legs are killing me! I'm hoping if I do day three today that I will be able to stick with it for the duration, and eventually be able to walk without paing again!. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • mccollumse
    mccollumse Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am feeling it today.....more than I thought i would!
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    D3L1 was better, I am still semi-sore but not half as bad as yesterday. I am able to do almost the full minite of push-up, but those side lunges and arm lifts-I still need work, though I only missed 4 in the 1st session and 4 in the second session.

My legs refuse to hurt, as well as my abs, slight discomfort but no real pain, but my arms....:sad:
  • mccollumse
    mccollumse Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I had to put my weights down (5lb) for part of the side lunges.

I was wondering........is everyone doing it for 30 days in a row (or trying to!)?
  • sarahharrison77
    sarahharrison77 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 completed and feeling GOOD!!
  • NikkiLaFleur
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 morning workout finished. Finally the soreness is going away in my quads.
  • murphmurph07
    murphmurph07 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    day 5 done today. Have to say that the soreness I felt earlier in the week is practically gone now.

@mccollumse - I'm going to try do it 30 days in a row. I've only been using litre cartons of juice as weights thus far but starting with 2kg weights tomorrow so maybe when I get to level 2 or 3 I'll need a rest day. At the moment my thinking is that its only 20 minutes so I can push through the soreness. Also, i find the side lunges an absolute KILLER. I did all of the first set of them today though and only missed 2 in the second set so must be improving.

Inspired by some other threads on here, I took some 'before' pictures this evening in tightish running bottoms and a sports bra. God God I have a long way to go! Absolutely no tone whatsoever on my body. Can only get better I guess. I have a 6 month old baby so I'm kind of using that as an excuse but the real reason is about 20 years of sporadic (at best) exercising and dieting/overeating. Really hope to get a hold of myself this time.

Talk tomorrow.
  • acelynp2
    acelynp2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Skipped day2 because I went to circuit class at the gym this morning. Between L1D1 and circuit, I am seriously sore. Planning to do L1D2 tomorrow and maybe go for a run or walk, if I can move that much.

I read that Jillian recommends 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 1 rest. But, that doesn't quite fit my schedule so was thinking of 1 day shred, 1 rest, 1 day circuit, 1 day shred, 1 day cardio plus shred, 1 rest, 1 day cardio plus shred. Thoughts?

Question: if you also do extra cardio, are you doing it on the same days as the shred? Do you do cardio first, then shred? Or vice versa?
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred today! FEEL FREE TO ADD ME!

A 30 day goal is perfect for me as well. I needed something new and different (why pay for a summer membership to my schools rec when I can run outside for free and this dvd only costs 7 bucks ???), and this challenge seems perfect. I'm planning to run 3.5 miles 5x a week, along with this video and dieting.
  • Stephrod91
    Options
    Started today! Can't wait to see results! Add me!
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ordered last weekend and it came in today
    just finished day 1, level 1.
    add me if you wanna...
  • LoveLifeForever
    LoveLifeForever Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    ALL OF YOU DOING 30 DAY SHRED...feel FREE to add me!!! Im in on it too!:):)
  • LoveLifeForever
    Options
    I had to put my weights down (5lb) for part of the side lunges.

I was wondering........is everyone doing it for 30 days in a row (or trying to!)?

Its best to leave at least a day of rest...i have Sundays my resting days. :) But thats it...im very strict about my working out!!!!!:)
  • LoveLifeForever
    Options
    I am confused, are you doing something with a DVD? I keep reading threads about a DVD people are getting.... Let me know what everyone is talking about.

Yes it's a DVD...

http://jillianmichaels.shop.sportstoday.com/Product.aspx?cp=14308_14361&pc=JIAM13

YUP! A dvd...although mine isnt on dvd cuz i downloaded it onto my laptop!!!!:):)
  • LoveLifeForever
    Options
    Im starting the 30 day Shred on Monday, just about to order my copy :) . Just wondering would anyone recommend any of her other DVDs?

all og her dvds are very good and gets you results! I have extrme shed and shred, ripped in 30, and no more trouble zones that i defintly recomend to yoU! They are all very good and got me my six pack!!! Only problem is i have a little tiny extra fat on my stomach that hides it!!!!:(
  • Superdamsel
    Options
    I started today and plan to do the whole 30 days. Add me too :)
  • pauladick
    pauladick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    morning all x just finished day 4 and feeling good x:wink:
  • collectsfrogs
    collectsfrogs Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    L1D5 Complete!!! I think I might have made it over my hump. This is the furthest I have made it on this program. If I feel up to it, or have enough time, I want to do her Backside video today as well. Then I will be ready for Day 6 on Monday :)