Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 May / June

Options

Replies

• Ok did day 3 week 2 I was getting sooo mad tht my lower tummy looks the same (maybe a little bit smaller) and im getting muscles on my legs arms and my upper stomach. I was sad until my husband told me that every loses weight in different places first and the more muscles I have the less fat I will have sooooooo im going to do 30 min strength, 20 min cardio ,10 min abs its going to be a long journey but it will be worth it at the end =]
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Ok did day 3 week 2 I was getting sooo mad tht my lower tummy looks the same (maybe a little bit smaller) and im getting muscles on my legs arms and my upper stomach. I was sad until my husband told me that every loses weight in different places first and the more muscles I have the less fat I will have sooooooo im going to do 30 min strength, 20 min cardio ,10 min abs its going to be a long journey but it will be worth it at the end =]

You should get NMTZ! I swear that workout sweats out the calories! There isn't any cardio but you could've fooled me considering I sweat more doing that than many cardio workouts lol
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I dislike being sick. I'm meant to have 1 more day of week 2 today, so I can go to 3 tomorrow. Now I'm feeling a little better, so I know I can workout tomorrow - but should I go straight to week 3 since it's only one day?
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    I am going to start week 3 tonite, so excited for the duck walk. This should be interesting, since I killed my legs with last nights workout. Plus I have a road trip today, so I'll be driving about 4 hours total today. Hope everyone has a great day and even better work outs!!
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Day 1 today - holy cow! All I can say is planks suck! Hope everyone is having a great day! :)
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Got up at 5am to do day 3 week 3 of RI30 before i had to leave on a work trip.....3.5 hours of driving fun times! I'm happy I did though, i feel good. This one isn't killing me as bad as week 2 is, so that's nice for change lol

Great work all! Keep it up!
  • Ok today was going to be day 4 week 2 but I guess im going to do strength and abs for the next 2 days hopefully my calf gets better =]
  • rachaela06
    Options
    Just completed Day 1, Level 3. My legs were screaming, as I thought they would, but I like this level a lot. Tomorrow is not a Jillian day for me, I'll be doing this on Saturday again!! I can tell these workouts are doing something good for me, I have so much more endurance when I run.

Great job everyone!!
  • kgilbert75
    kgilbert75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just did Day 1 of Level 1 of Ripped in 30 today. Finished 30DS on Tuesday. Today seemed easy to me and I'm hoping that it gets harder. But I love Jillian's workouts.
  • rawegman
    rawegman Posts: 18
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Rachel, I just started myfitnesspal on Tuesday, June 12th.
    I have lost 2.8 pounds so far :)

Question:
    I recently did Jillian's ripped in 30 (level 1) and I'm wondering how I can log this in my exercise?

Any Suggestions?
    -Rachel
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel,

I log mine as circuit training. I'm not sure what the other girls do - hopefully they will chime in. Welcome!
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I used to log it as circuit training, but I bought a heart rate monitor for better accuracy. I burned 280 calories doing Ripped in 30 today. I burn less in week 2 though. In week 1 I burned around 300-350.
  • mrswattie
    mrswattie Posts: 16
    Options
    Hope you guys don't mind me joining in. I'm on Week 2 and man those flippin plank cardios are killing me. I get sooo frustrated that I can't quite get through the whole 2 mins cardio. I can handle my legs burning, but it's my shoulders and arms that are letting me down. They just get too sore in that position. Anyone else find that?
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hope you guys don't mind me joining in. I'm on Week 2 and man those flippin plank cardios are killing me. I get sooo frustrated that I can't quite get through the whole 2 mins cardio. I can handle my legs burning, but it's my shoulders and arms that are letting me down. They just get too sore in that position. Anyone else find that?

Im with you on that one but must say im getting better as the week goes on. The burn i get in my stomach when doing the mountain climbers!! OMG!

Today was day 5 of level 2 for me, really couldn't be bothered but pushed through and feel so much better for it! Not sure if its cause im now working out but im sure my arms are feeling weaker not stronger, they ache before the end of the warm up!
  • mrswattie
    mrswattie Posts: 16
    Options
    I know what you mean about the arms feeling weaker. I feel like mine are tired before I've even begun, let alone holding me up during the planking. I'm hoping as the week goes on they'll get stronger...they better!
  • rachaela06
    Options
    I just did Day 1 of Level 1 of Ripped in 30 today. Finished 30DS on Tuesday. Today seemed easy to me and I'm hoping that it gets harder. But I love Jillian's workouts.
    I thought level 1 wasn't bad too, it does get harder. I watched the next level before I did it and found that helpful so I wasn't completely lost when I did it.

I just started Level 3 yesterday, my legs hated me and still do, lol.
  • danadew18nj
    danadew18nj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm trying to find a friend that would be interested in emailing wtih me daily to share meals / keep each other accountable / etc etc.

I'm also currently starting Ripped in 30- so it would be cool to have a friend on the same "program". I have a really hard time signing into MFP daily, esp since I'm on my phone most of the time.

if you're interested hit me up. dana.doozer@yahoo.com

thanks!
  • danadew18nj
    danadew18nj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Rachel, I just started myfitnesspal on Tuesday, June 12th.
    I have lost 2.8 pounds so far :)

Question:
    I recently did Jillian's ripped in 30 (level 1) and I'm wondering how I can log this in my exercise?

Any Suggestions?
    -Rachel

I wear my HRM and track as if it were all cardio. I understand that its also weight training but I'm working on the calories in / calories burned method right now :)
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    I didn't get to log in here for a couple days but did continued with week 2 all this week. Today was my last day of week 2, moving on to week 3 tomorrow. Hello duck walks, bear crawls.....

TGIF!!!
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Everytime I get to week 3 something happens.
    I managed 20 mins of it yesterday, but started to get overly lightheaded. Turns out I'm not better. But, I'll get back to it.