Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 May / June

Options

Replies

• awisegirl84
    awisegirl84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    this is awesome! I was just looking for more information and maybe before and after photos. I am halfway through week 1 and I don't know if i'm working out enough to actually see a difference??? 230 calories a session I read somewhere...?

I have so much trouble with the side lung/arm raises and the bicep curl/lunges... I'm either not coordinated or not flexible or a combination of both! haha

I found that if I spread my feet farther apart with the side lunge (I originally spelled lunge, lunch...hmmmm) and regular lunges that it was so much easier. Maybe try that :smile:
  • Kandyhar
    Kandyhar Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ok! Thank you so much! I'll try that. You are all so inspiring! It seems like everyone is doing this video plus a few more though... is that a must to see results?
  • laurensayz
    laurensayz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Im starting either this or 30 day shred tomorrow. Maybe both. If anyone wants to be friends, add me.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options

I have so much trouble with the side lung/arm raises and the bicep curl/lunges... I'm either not coordinated or not flexible or a combination of both! haha

Me too. I just can't go super deep in lunges. Especially at that pace. Guess I need to work on that!
  • kuyabiye
    kuyabiye Posts: 14
    Options
    Here goes my 30 DS before after pics :)) This is the first time I'm trying to post pics so hope it works.

My measurements are in cm but I think it is ok.

Before (19.04.2012)
    Bust: 86 cm
    Waist: 70 cm
    Hips: 97 cm
    Thigh: 54 cm

After (30.05.2012)
    Bust:84 cm
    Waist: 65 cm
    Hips: 93 cm
    Thigh: 52 cm

I lost 3,7 kg with a strict diet and additional gym workouts.

BeforeAfter1.jpg

BeforeAfter2.jpg

BeforeAfter3.jpg
  • Kandyhar
    Options
    Here goes my 30 DS before after pics :)) This is the first time I'm trying to post pics so hope it works.

BeforeAfter1.jpg

BeforeAfter2.jpg

BeforeAfter3.jpg

I can totally see a huge difference!!! You look so amazing! This is totally inspiring. Thank you for sharing your photos with us!
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I am starting Ripped in 30 Tomorrow and for additional cardio I plan to do jump rope for 30 min starting at 10 min and working up to it along with Yoga for about 20-30 min a day also.
  • kuyabiye
    Options
    I can totally see a huge difference!!! You look so amazing! This is totally inspiring. Thank you for sharing your photos with us!

Thanx a lot! If I could do it everybody can do it :))
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,076 Member
    Options
    Kuyabiye, Great photo's. You look amazing. I hope I'll be able to see similar results. Great job! :flowerforyou:

Jennifer_zim, You don't have to do the video's to see results. I haven't done any yet and have lost 17 pounds. But, I have been running....some sort of exercise is important, for me anyway. I'm starting the video because I felt like I needed some strength training and I don't go to the gym. I'm also hoping it will help tone some and make my tummy smaller. It sure worked for Kuyabiye! Good luck in your journey.
  • Kandyhar
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! Yes this is my first video. I've always had better results in a class setting (like spinning or body sculpting with an actual instructor) as opposed to lifting on my own. Just not sure if the videos burned enough calories or used enough weight exercises to truly make a different but Kuyabiye looks great so that's a big inspiration!
  • Kandyhar
    Options
    Kuyabiye... did you do multiple videos during your 30 days or just cardio and RI30?
  • LCrequ324
    LCrequ324 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have 2 of the Jillian DVDs and I was planning to start a new workout regimen tomorrow (something about the 1st of the month that always gives me that extra push). I also have the Brazilian Butt Lift system so I'll probably alternate and do extra workouots on the weekends. I should start running in the early mornings with my dog . . . he's starting to look a little soft too!
  • Eat_Me_I_Taste_Like_Candy
    Options

BeforeAfter1.jpg

BeforeAfter2.jpg

BeforeAfter3.jpg

Agree you can see the difference =] thank you for sharing =] awesome Job!!
  • Eat_Me_I_Taste_Like_Candy
    Options
    Im starting either this or 30 day shred tomorrow. Maybe both. If anyone wants to be friends, add me.

Welcome to the group =] sent ya a request
  • kuyabiye
    Options
    Kuyabiye... did you do multiple videos during your 30 days or just cardio and RI30?

I did only Shred, it took me almost 40 days to complete. (I got a few days off on the weekends) Only additional cardio at the gym 5 days a week.

Stick with it, try to do your best. Keep up even you feel so sore. I wasn't expecting these results and I was really surprised when I saw the photos.

I know she's a devil and her exercises are killer, but worth all the pain!
  • Hollyjd1019
    Hollyjd1019 Posts: 148
    Options
    I've been alternating between 3 Jillian Michaels DVDs for about 3 wks now. I can tell a huge diff in how my body looks. I wish I would have taken before pics. I currently have: Shred It w Weights, No More Trouble Zones, & Kickboxing Fast Fix. I love all 3 but the first is my fav. I'm about ready to move up to the next level and add more weight. Amazon had them on sale and I bought 5 others but haven't received them yet. My new ones will be: 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, Extreme Shed & Shred, Yoga Meltdown, & Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. I love her stuff and she inspires me to move my *kitten*. I know some people hate her but I like her attitude! :). I like to have variety so when I'm getting tired of the ones I'm doing now, then I'll be able to switch it up.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 3 right now, but haven't been consistent. I want to pick it up and do 2 weeks at 3 then two weeks at 4
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options

My measurements are in cm but I think it is ok.

Before (19.04.2012)
    Bust: 86 cm
    Waist: 70 cm
    Hips: 97 cm
    Thigh: 54 cm

After (30.05.2012)
    Bust:84 cm
    Waist: 65 cm
    Hips: 93 cm
    Thigh: 52 cm

I lost 3,7 kg with a strict diet and additional gym workouts.

You look fantastic!!!! Great work! All that swearing we do at Jillian during the workout is totally worth it!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I've been alternating between 3 Jillian Michaels DVDs for about 3 wks now. I can tell a huge diff in how my body looks. I wish I would have taken before pics. I currently have: Shred It w Weights, No More Trouble Zones, & Kickboxing Fast Fix. I love all 3 but the first is my fav. I'm about ready to move up to the next level and add more weight. Amazon had them on sale and I bought 5 others but haven't received them yet. My new ones will be: 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, Extreme Shed & Shred, Yoga Meltdown, & Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. I love her stuff and she inspires me to move my *kitten*. I know some people hate her but I like her attitude! :). I like to have variety so when I'm getting tired of the ones I'm doing now, then I'll be able to switch it up.

Is Shred it w/ Weights all strength training or does she do the circuit training in that one too? I would love to find a DVD of her's that is all strength!

BTW Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is fantastic! As is Ripped in 30.....okay who am I kidding....they're all fantastic lol
  • hduston
    hduston Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Just completed Week 3, day 1 - OMG! I didn't feel like I really burned as much because 1) I kept having to pause and rewind the DVD (is that even the term for DVD player - or am I stuck in VCR lingo) to figure out her moves (I recommend you watch week 3 BEFORE trying it); AND 2) I stuck with the beginner moves for most of the workout. They were tough, tough, tough - hopefully, I'll get better at them. I definitely felt it in my quads!