Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 May / June

Options

Replies

• kuyabiye
    kuyabiye Posts: 14
    Options
    I hope I will keep you motivated with my results tomorrow :))

I feel so sore because of my gym workout yesterday but I will do 30 DS today.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I didnt do it last nite, had something to do. Will it make a difference? I started on Sat, did Sun and Mon. Will do tonite, Thursday, take Friday off, then do Sat. Should i be doing it each day, does it matter if there are days off inbetween?

Thanks.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,081 Member
    Options
    Estelle, I don't think it matters. It will just take you longer to finish the program. I am just going to start today, but have been given the advice to do it on days when I don't run...so I'll be doing it just 3 days a week. I am taking Sunday's off. It'll just be my ripped in 60 instead of 30. Great job for getting started. Don't give up just because you can't do it every day. :smile:
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yup ok, im not going to give up, im really into it at the mo, I know I have only done it 3 times, but loved every second of it, even though I was sweating like anything!! Good luck to u
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,081 Member
    Options
    Just finished the first workout of week one. As much as I run, I was surprised that I gave out on the football drill. :embarassed: I did sweat and can feel it in my arms and legs already. I do have a question though. I could not do the ab exercise where you lay flat and lift your legs inches off the floor. It hurt my back. Was I doing it wrong? I wound up lifting my legs straight up and then lowered them to a point where I could feel it in my abs, but back wasn't hurting. Any suggestions?
  • Eat_Me_I_Taste_Like_Candy
    Options
    Just finished the first workout of week one. As much as I run, I was surprised that I gave out on the football drill. :embarassed: I did sweat and can feel it in my arms and legs already. I do have a question though. I could not do the ab exercise where you lay flat and lift your legs inches off the floor. It hurt my back. Was I doing it wrong? I wound up lifting my legs straight up and then lowered them to a point where I could feel it in my abs, but back wasn't hurting. Any suggestions?

I believe if you feel it in your abs thats fine ,if theres certain things you cant do you can alternate it with something else..Just as long your trying your best is all that matters =]
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Today was my last workout of week 1. Tomorrow I start week 2! I'm going to take some progress pictures on the 1st and I'm hoping to see some changes! I hope everyone is doing well!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I did workout one yesterday. I found the side plank/lifts to be pretty hard. And the pushups. But I am blaming residual soreness from Monday's workout. :D

I plan on taking the slow path on this one. Approximately 2-3 times a week, because I am doing another challenge as well. Eventually (maybe in July)I can do the complete schedule. I might do it again today, I have limited time and need to get my workout in.

I am feeling some back soreness. It is just continuing on from Monday I think. :)
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    So I finally got myself some 8lb weights and used those this morning.....for all moves on Level 2 except the serving lunges (I think that's what she calls them) OMG I can still feel the different the heavier weights made....especially in my legs haha weird! And the good news is that I decided to not try to be superwoman and did the beginner modification for the plank cardio and I was much more successful.....still felt like I was going to die lol but I made it through without stopping so that's a plus in my book!

Now an hour of Zumba tonight.....what have I done lol

I hope everyone is having a good day :smile:
    Options
    So I finally got myself some 8lb weights and used those this morning.....for all moves on Level 2 except the serving lunges (I think that's what she calls them) OMG I can still feel the different the heavier weights made....especially in my legs haha weird! And the good news is that I decided to not try to be superwoman and did the beginner modification for the plank cardio and I was much more successful.....still felt like I was going to die lol but I made it through without stopping so that's a plus in my book!

Now an hour of Zumba tonight.....what have I done lol

I hope everyone is having a good day :smile:

Thats awesome great job !!! Pushing your self to the limit is a plus =]
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I just started week 2 yesterday of ripped in 30. Although when i did week 1 i didnt eat the best. So hopefully i do better from now on.
  • cholibear
    cholibear Posts: 86
    Options
    I just bought it today!! I can't wait to start it!
    any advice from anyone?!?!
    add me! :)
  • Kandyhar
    Kandyhar Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    this is awesome! I was just looking for more information and maybe before and after photos. I am halfway through week 1 and I don't know if i'm working out enough to actually see a difference??? 230 calories a session I read somewhere...?

I have so much trouble with the side lung/arm raises and the bicep curl/lunges... I'm either not coordinated or not flexible or a combination of both! haha
    Options
    I just started week 2 yesterday of ripped in 30. Although when i did week 1 i didnt eat the best. So hopefully i do better from now on.

Yea...everyone has there up and downs (eating) but getting back on track is a plus =]
    Options

Yes be prepared for the soreness and using your muscles that you never knew you had lol oh yea and sweating a lot lol
    Options
    this is awesome! I was just looking for more information and maybe before and after photos. I am halfway through week 1 and I don't know if i'm working out enough to actually see a difference??? 230 calories a session I read somewhere...?

I have so much trouble with the side lung/arm raises and the bicep curl/lunges... I'm either not coordinated or not flexible or a combination of both! haha

I have a before and after pictures on the first month of RI30 feel free to look at it..
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options

Yes be prepared for the soreness and using your muscles that you never knew you had lol oh yea and sweating a lot lol

I will just add DON'T GIVE UP!!!! Do the beginner modifications if you need to and keep reminding yourself that it's only 3 x 6 min sets :) I never got overly sore, just sore enough :)
  • hduston
    hduston Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just feel the need to say it again.....

PLANK CARDIO = TORTURE

lol

I'm trying to get motivated to get tortured again in the morning lol

Totally agree with this! Also, I CANNOT do the Ab Hold either (I barely get my booty off the ground - I'm talking millimeters). I'd love to join this group - I've done RI30 off and on for several months but never made it past week 2. I just completed week 2 and am ready to try week 3 tomorrow morning. I hear there's more of the Ab Hold - oh well!
    Options
    Im so happy to see everyone is doing there best keep up the good work ladies =]
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    I just feel the need to say it again.....

PLANK CARDIO = TORTURE

lol

I'm trying to get motivated to get tortured again in the morning lol

Oh no! Not more of the ab hold :( I've already had to substitute another exercise for that one because my arms don't reach the ground lol

Totally agree with this! Also, I CANNOT do the Ab Hold either (I barely get my booty off the ground - I'm talking millimeters). I'd love to join this group - I've done RI30 off and on for several months but never made it past week 2. I just completed week 2 and am ready to try week 3 tomorrow morning. I hear there's more of the Ab Hold - oh well!