Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 May / June

Options

Replies

• kuyabiye
    kuyabiye Posts: 14
    Options
    Just completed Week 3, day 1 - OMG! I didn't feel like I really burned as much because 1) I kept having to pause and rewind the DVD (is that even the term for DVD player - or am I stuck in VCR lingo) to figure out her moves (I recommend you watch week 3 BEFORE trying it); AND 2) I stuck with the beginner moves for most of the workout. They were tough, tough, tough - hopefully, I'll get better at them. I definitely felt it in my quads!

Just keep up the hard work. I did level 3 for 12 days and even on the last day I wasn't able to do all the advanced moves :))
  • cutethang1
    cutethang1 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am on the 2nd week of Ripped. Good luck everyone!
  • AmelodyAngel
    AmelodyAngel Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Just did my day one Ripped in 30 yesterday... It was a good work out, but it was tough!!!! Can I really do 30 days of this? :/
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Awesome JOB!!!!
    Here goes my 30 DS before after pics :)) This is the first time I'm trying to post pics so hope it works.

BeforeAfter1.jpg

BeforeAfter2.jpg

BeforeAfter3.jpg

I can totally see a huge difference!!! You look so amazing! This is totally inspiring. Thank you for sharing your photos with us!
  • Eat_Me_I_Taste_Like_Candy
    Options
    Just did my day one Ripped in 30 yesterday... It was a good work out, but it was tough!!!! Can I really do 30 days of this? :/

You can do it !!! =]
  • Kristen923
    Kristen923 Posts: 6
    Options
    I just got back into things. I have the 30Day shred I'm going to use for rainy days when I can't get outside to work out w/my workout partner.
  • sarahblackmon
    Options
    Here goes my 30 DS before after pics :)) This is the first time I'm trying to post pics so hope it works.

BeforeAfter1.jpg

BeforeAfter2.jpg

BeforeAfter3.jpg

I can totally see a huge difference!!! You look so amazing! This is totally inspiring. Thank you for sharing your photos with us!

Wow! that is amazing!! Did you do anything else beside the 30DS (as in workout?)?

TOTALLY MOTIVATING!!!
  • sarahblackmon
    Options

My measurements are in cm but I think it is ok.

Before (19.04.2012)
    Bust: 86 cm
    Waist: 70 cm
    Hips: 97 cm
    Thigh: 54 cm

After (30.05.2012)
    Bust:84 cm
    Waist: 65 cm
    Hips: 93 cm
    Thigh: 52 cm

I lost 3,7 kg with a strict diet and additional gym workouts.

BeforeAfter1.jpg

BeforeAfter2.jpg

BeforeAfter3.jpg

Sorry! just read that you did extra gym workouts...can i ask how many per week? And what was your calorie intake? Did you go by MFP?
    Thanks!
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    Just completed Week 3, day 1 - OMG! I didn't feel like I really burned as much because 1) I kept having to pause and rewind the DVD (is that even the term for DVD player - or am I stuck in VCR lingo) to figure out her moves (I recommend you watch week 3 BEFORE trying it); AND 2) I stuck with the beginner moves for most of the workout. They were tough, tough, tough - hopefully, I'll get better at them. I definitely felt it in my quads!
    I watched Week 3 last night, I think I need to watch that week again before I start it, it looks so confusing, but I know it's going to be a killer!! Definitely agree watch it before you do it.
  • gagirlkat
    gagirlkat Posts: 9
    Options
    I am about to start week 2. So far I like this so much more than 30DS. I think because there are more strength moves during each segment so I don't have to do one move for as long.

I took my measurements before I started so I can't wait to see my results at the end!
  • journeyjessi
    Options
    I'm doing this too! Starting today
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this too. This weekend will be 7 days and yes I took my measurements.
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    hmmm let me sign up for this...
  • kuyabiye
    kuyabiye Posts: 14
    Options
    [/quote]
    Sorry! just read that you did extra gym workouts...can i ask how many per week? And what was your calorie intake? Did you go by MFP?
    Thanks!
    [/quote]

5 days a week :) The calorie intake is about 1200 a day and I ate really healthy! I didn't go by MFP
  • lmatteson04
    lmatteson04 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am definately in this one. I started last week but I am still in week one. I hurt so bad I didn't ever think I would ever stop hurting but for the first time today I got up and didn't hurt as bad! Yeah! Count Me In! I can't wait to see the results at the end of the 30 days! I know I won't be ripped but it is an awesome workout!
  • Eat_Me_I_Taste_Like_Candy
    Options
    Just wanted to say welcome to the new ladies who want to join our group im excited that ya'll are doing this journey with us cant wait to see all of you reach your goals =]
  • Hollyjd1019
    Hollyjd1019 Posts: 148
    Options
    I've been alternating between 3 Jillian Michaels DVDs for about 3 wks now. I can tell a huge diff in how my body looks. I wish I would have taken before pics. I currently have: Shred It w Weights, No More Trouble Zones, & Kickboxing Fast Fix. I love all 3 but the first is my fav. I'm about ready to move up to the next level and add more weight. Amazon had them on sale and I bought 5 others but haven't received them yet. My new ones will be: 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, Extreme Shed & Shred, Yoga Meltdown, & Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. I love her stuff and she inspires me to move my *kitten*. I know some people hate her but I like her attitude! :). I like to have variety so when I'm getting tired of the ones I'm doing now, then I'll be able to switch it up.

Is Shred it w/ Weights all strength training or does she do the circuit training in that one too? I would love to find a DVD of her's that is all strength!

BTW Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is fantastic! As is Ripped in 30.....okay who am I kidding....they're all fantastic lol

Shred it is a lot diff to me bc it uses a kettlebell which I have fallen in love with. The moves are diff from typical strength moves. Like more trouble zones she keeps you moving so you keep your heart rate up. Shred it is slower and steady. If you are looking for strength, you should try it. I started w a 10 lb kettlebell but you could really kill it as you increase weight.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I've been alternating between 3 Jillian Michaels DVDs for about 3 wks now. I can tell a huge diff in how my body looks. I wish I would have taken before pics. I currently have: Shred It w Weights, No More Trouble Zones, & Kickboxing Fast Fix. I love all 3 but the first is my fav. I'm about ready to move up to the next level and add more weight. Amazon had them on sale and I bought 5 others but haven't received them yet. My new ones will be: 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, Extreme Shed & Shred, Yoga Meltdown, & Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. I love her stuff and she inspires me to move my *kitten*. I know some people hate her but I like her attitude! :). I like to have variety so when I'm getting tired of the ones I'm doing now, then I'll be able to switch it up.

Is Shred it w/ Weights all strength training or does she do the circuit training in that one too? I would love to find a DVD of her's that is all strength!

BTW Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is fantastic! As is Ripped in 30.....okay who am I kidding....they're all fantastic lol

Shred it is a lot diff to me bc it uses a kettlebell which I have fallen in love with. The moves are diff from typical strength moves. Like more trouble zones she keeps you moving so you keep your heart rate up. Shred it is slower and steady. If you are looking for strength, you should try it. I started w a 10 lb kettlebell but you could really kill it as you increase weight.

Thanks for the info! I think I will try to find it and give it a shot! I've never worked with a kettlebell so that would also be a new challenge!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    It's so awesome to see so many people doing this workout! YAY us!

The good news is that I did a 2 hour Zumbathon tonight.....and made it through lol It was a lot of fun but wow I can still feel it haha The bad news is that I'm supposed to do Ripped in the morning :grumble: I really hope that I'm not too sore because I have to take Saturday and Sunday off!

Wish me luck! lol
  • HeatherPH
    HeatherPH Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm going to start this tomorrow. I did the level 3 of 30 day Shred this morning but prefer Ripped in 30, so will switch to that. I have a number of Jillain's DVDs and just kind of alternate them at will, so have never actually tried to do this the way you guys are all intending (I do level 3 if I'm feeling good, sometimes I do levels 1 & 2 back-to-back, and sometimes I can onyl ahndle the thought of level 1!). I'm up for the challenge :)