I can't date you anymore because...

Options

Replies

• Shanzstar
    Shanzstar Posts: 197
    Options
    In college, I dated a woman who entered the convent shortly after we stopped dating. I was the last guy she went out with. I've never figured out if this is good (I ruined it for all other men to follow, so she just stopped trying.) or bad (I just plain ruined it.). Whichever.

Just call me Nun-maker.

Its the weirdest thing. I have had similar experience. Have you seen the movie good luck chuck? I am apparently good luck chuck

Most of the girls I have dated have gotten married within the next 6 months of me dating them or have atleast gotten engaged. My penis has magical bridal powers!! I should use that as a line...
    I have a few single friends that would love to meet you... lol :wink: :smile:
  • cranford_s
    cranford_s Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    "I don't date girls who have older brothers..."
    W.....T.......F........

My brother chased more than a few boys off. Particularly the one who looked at me and said, "See, he's not that scary" the first time they met. Oops.

But, if my pittie doesn't like a guy, I'm gone. Luckily he likes my fiance well enough, haha. My other dog loves everyone, she's not a good judge :-P.

Ahhh...and I'm very familiar with the opposite teams. An ex of mine was a Lakers fan- I, definitely, love the Celtics...I should've known from the start. As it is, B is from St. Louis and I am from Arlington, so last world series was tough for us.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    A guy I had been dating for a while told me he wanted to be a priest. He actually is a priest now.
    Crazy. I like to think of it as..after me there was only god. :blushing:
  • chantalb20
    chantalb20 Posts: 132
    Options
    "I can't date you anymore unless you dye your hair blonde"
    Me: 'the *kitten*!?'
    "I was told I'd marry a blonde girl.."

Seriously.
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options

Seriously.

By who? The $1.99/minute psychic?
  • NobleSpirit11
    Options
    I can't date you anymore because you are a Cowboys fan. Seriously, he used to get mad because that's my favorite team. So, I was happy when he called it off, because clearly there was something wrong with him. I mean who doesn't love the Cowboys??:laugh:

this guy has 100% sound rational and reasoning to refuse to date a cowboys fan. I totally get where he is coming from, and it's a very valid reason and not to be confused with an 'excuse'...

I'm a Giants fan -- dating a Cowboys fan just means Sundays become more interesting.

Seriously!?! Seriously!?! The Cowboys are America's team. This is their year! I can feel it. This really upset me and I might have to send you a nasty PM. :sad: WOW!!
  • chantalb20
    chantalb20 Posts: 132
    Options

Seriously.

By who? The $1.99/minute psychic?

Haha it actually was a psychic!
  • Jesiena
    Jesiena Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    "We can't be in a relationship because I knocked up my lesbian friend one drunken night." Yeah. He was lovely.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I had a guy tell me that I talk about sex too much. lol Oh well.:grumble:
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    A guy that I had been seeing a while long distance told me when I moved back, "I can't date you because you are too close."

I guess he liked the distance.

In High school a guy told me, "I can't date you because you dress to sexy and other guys look at you,"

So he was attracted to me because of how I looked, but didn't want anyone else to look, that makes sense.

One guy a dated posted something nasty about my cousin of FB, he didn't mention her by name but of course I knew who he was talking about, so I said, "I can't date you because you bad mouthed my family on facebook,"

Yes FB can ruin relationships
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I won't date a Dallas Cowboys, Mavericks or Texas Rangers fans. It's a personal preference. If I do, it's because I didn't know they were. If I find out after we've established a relationship, then fine, on game days we'll just spend the day apart or doing something not revolving around sports....except the Dallas Stars.

But the #1 will NOT date; will break-up immediately, leave her in the middle of the street if necessary...if she's a Yankees fan. Oh HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Go BoSox!
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I can't date you anymore because you're ugly.

I was seriously told this by a guy. We went on the date and told me this as we were leaving dinner. He said the pic I had was photoshopped and couldn't believe it.

You should have told him "Oh that's okay cause your too stupid for me anyways"
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    "I don't date girls who have older brothers..."
    W.....T.......F........

My brother chased more than a few boys off. Particularly the one who looked at me and said, "See, he's not that scary" the first time they met. Oops.

But, if my pittie doesn't like a guy, I'm gone. Luckily he likes my fiance well enough, haha. My other dog loves everyone, she's not a good judge :-P.

Ahhh...and I'm very familiar with the opposite teams. An ex of mine was a Lakers fan- I, definitely, love the Celtics...I should've known from the start. As it is, B is from St. Louis and I am from Arlington, so last world series was tough for us.

Sounds to me like he's had his a** kicked a few times too many. To me, this would be a red flag that he's a major p**** and to steer clear
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Her: I can't date you anymore.
    Me: Why?
    Her: Well, I told you I was divorced, but um I wasn't really.

Holy s**t! LOL> That sux! I couldn't date a guy anymore because i wanted to pepper spray his *kitten*. He was on me 24/7 like a needy little school girl. I kept thinking, if he touches me one more time im going to pepper spray him. UGH!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Her: I can't date you anymore.
    Me: Why?
    Her: Well, I told you I was divorced, but um I wasn't really.

That just happened to me recently. Except he didn't bother to tell me, a co-worker informed me.
    *sigh*

Ya. I seriously married someone who didn't bother to mention that he was already married. None of his entire family WHO CAME TO THE WEDDING mentioned that he was already married either. WTF.

NO!!! That's bizarre! Were there many of them?

Many of what? His family? 4 siblings, their spouses and children, his 2 parents, and a 90-something year-old grandmother. NO ONE mentioned that he was still married, either at the wedding or for the 8 months we dated beforehand. I only found out more than a year later. AND the original wife KNEW -- had been married to him for 10 years or something; lived in another state. WTF, I still say, even though it happened 15 years ago. That was my "Jerry Springer" period.
  • Flutter_By
    Flutter_By Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had a guy break up with me because "you are too beautiful, too perfect and you make this way too easy." I guess I wasn't complicated or difficult enough for him. He had to add "I'm probably going to regret this."
  • TexasBridgett
    TexasBridgett Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The last guy I dated (for a year) ended things by saying "I'm incapable of having any feelings for anyone...ever." Uhm. Sure. The truth? He was terrified of getting hurt so he pushed everyone he cared about away. Awesome!
  • shane9894
    shane9894 Posts: 23
    Options
    The Epic Phone Conversation:
    Girlfriend in high school: I can't date you anymore because you slept with me and both of older sisters!
    Me: I wasn't dating you when it happen and they don't seem to mind.
    Girlfriend in high school: I do mind!
    Me: Why it should make for excellent conversation?
    Girlfriend in high school: Your such an a**! I just can't imagine having you over, my sisters being here and knowing what happen!
    Me: Alright. Whatever. Is this a bad time to tell you that I have messed around with your mom too?
    CLICK!
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I wasn't dating this guy, he was a really good friend though. Once at a party he got very drunk, kissed me and then went off with another girl.... He hurt my feelings but I wasn't heartbroken, more confused.

Next morning, he apologised, said he would never normally hit on one girl, let alone two as he wasnt attracted to women, I also found out (off others) that the reason he had kissed me was because some guys were accusing him of being gay. He's now in a relationship with a guy and can't work out why we aren't friends any more.... Think he thinks it's because i had feelings for him, but it's actually because to me it's a complete betrayal of friendship, if that makes sense.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    The Epic Phone Conversation:
    Girlfriend in high school: I can't date you anymore because you slept with me and both of older sisters!
    Me: I wasn't dating you when it happen and they don't seem to mind.
    Girlfriend in high school: I do mind!
    Me: Why it should make for excellent conversation?
    Girlfriend in high school: Your such an a**! I just can't imagine having you over, my sisters being here and knowing what happen!
    Me: Alright. Whatever. Is this a bad time to tell you that I have messed around with your mom too?
    CLICK!

Ugh, I hope that's a joke. If it's not, there is no reason for any woman, ever, to date you. Ever.