Giant Pistachio Milkshake 80cals & the secret to creaminess

Options

Replies

• DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I think the coconut beverage and banana flavored pudding would be really yummy.. Or maybe equal parts dark chocolate and banana pudding... Making me wanna try it tomorrow!
  • Cyndieann
    Cyndieann Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yum!!! I've never even heard of Pistachio pudding mix ... I wonder if we have it here in Canada. I'm definitely gonna have to go on a search for it now! Thanks for sharing this recipe!!!

You bet we have it here! Its been one of my favs since I was a kid! Hard to find in small grocery stores cuz it's not very popular. Go to a big store where there is more selection. Super yummy!!
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cyndieann
    Cyndieann Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I made this last night using unsweetened almond milk and chocolate fudge pudding mix (SF/FF)...O.M.G. was it yummy! I also bought SF/FF butterscotch and cheesecake puddings to try. Can't wait! LOL
    The cheesecake pudding would be good with a few strawberries thrown in!
  • SusanleeBee
    SusanleeBee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump for grocery day!
  • CML078
    CML078 Posts: 7
    Options
    Bump
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Ingreds:

1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (45 cals)
    1 tbsp SF FF Jello Pistachio Instant Pudding mix (16 cals)
    1/3 tsp vanilla extract (4 cals)
    1 cup ice
    1 packet Truvia

and the secret ingredient to make it creamy and not icy...

2 tbsp plain FF Greek yogurt!

Throw into a blender and whiz away. SO delicious! Makes one big shake :)

ETA: This is actually vaguely reminiscent to a shamrock shake...I'm sure if you put a drop of peppermint extract/oil or some fresh mint in there it would taste JUST like one.

Why limit yourself to pistachio?
  • marvelousmeg422
    marvelousmeg422 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amandataylor0819
    Options
    I did the chocolate protein powder with the cheesecake sf pudding - YUM, gonna try chocolate with butterscotch pudding in the morning...this is one of the best recipes I have found...LOVE them....I used regular ol' milk the other day cause I was out of my vanilla almond and still didn't need any additional sweeteners....
  • krazykando
    krazykando Posts: 38
    Options
    Bump
  • PatBland
    PatBland Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I made a similar smoothie this morning. Used container of Yoplait LF Vanilla Yogurt, frozen bananas, small drop of vanilla, package of sweetner and a tsp of vanilla cheesecake ins. jello pudding mx and about 5 fresh strawberries, couple splashes of skim milk - whirled in my Bullet. Yummy. Very calorie friendly also.
  • imsleepdeprived
    imsleepdeprived Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jesspnk4
    jesspnk4 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love shakes!!!!
  • amandal00
    amandal00 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My blender kicked the bucket. Going to get a new one ASAP and try some of these recipes, sounds sooo good!
  • PALady4JC
    PALady4JC Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PALady4JC
    PALady4JC Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I made a similar smoothie this morning. Used container of Yoplait LF Vanilla Yogurt, frozen bananas, small drop of vanilla, package of sweetner and a tsp of vanilla cheesecake ins. jello pudding mx and about 5 fresh strawberries, couple splashes of skim milk - whirled in my Bullet. Yummy. Very calorie friendly also.

Instant pudding mix...what a great idea for thickness and adding flavor! Thanks.
  • MernyMac
    MernyMac Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ingreds:

1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (45 cals)
    1 tbsp SF FF Jello Pistachio Instant Pudding mix (16 cals)
    1/3 tsp vanilla extract (4 cals)
    1 cup ice
    1 packet Truvia

and the secret ingredient to make it creamy and not icy...

2 tbsp plain FF Greek yogurt!

Throw into a blender and whiz away. SO delicious! Makes one big shake :)

ETA: This is actually vaguely reminiscent to a shamrock shake...I'm sure if you put a drop of peppermint extract/oil or some fresh mint in there it would taste JUST like one.
  • MernyMac
    MernyMac Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I LOVE pistachios ! I'll have to try this !
  • Andreabree
    Andreabree Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks!