I can't date you anymore because...

Options

Replies

• shane9894
    shane9894 Posts: 23
    Options
    The Epic Phone Conversation:
    Girlfriend in high school: I can't date you anymore because you slept with me and both of older sisters!
    Me: I wasn't dating you when it happen and they don't seem to mind.
    Girlfriend in high school: I do mind!
    Me: Why it should make for excellent conversation?
    Girlfriend in high school: Your such an a**! I just can't imagine having you over, my sisters being here and knowing what happen!
    Me: Alright. Whatever. Is this a bad time to tell you that I have messed around with your mom too?
    CLICK!

Ugh, I hope that's a joke. If it's not, there is no reason for any woman, ever, to date you. Ever.

The mom thing didn't happen. I was being sarcastic about the mom thing cause I thought she was being stupid about the whole thing but evidently she didn't appreciate it. In my defense she was well aware that I dated both of her sisters so I would have assumed that should would have thought about that when we started dating.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    The Epic Phone Conversation:
    Girlfriend in high school: I can't date you anymore because you slept with me and both of older sisters!
    Me: I wasn't dating you when it happen and they don't seem to mind.
    Girlfriend in high school: I do mind!
    Me: Why it should make for excellent conversation?
    Girlfriend in high school: Your such an a**! I just can't imagine having you over, my sisters being here and knowing what happen!
    Me: Alright. Whatever. Is this a bad time to tell you that I have messed around with your mom too?
    CLICK!

Ugh, I hope that's a joke. If it's not, there is no reason for any woman, ever, to date you. Ever.

The mom thing didn't happen. I was being sarcastic about the mom thing cause I thought she was being stupid about the whole thing but evidently she didn't appreciate it. In my defense she was well aware that I dated both of her sisters so I would have assumed that should would have thought about that when we started dating.

What was it about that family, you just had to have them all. You know there are other girls out there
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    :blushing::
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    I can't date you anymore because I want to *kitten* your friend. (My friend was a guy! A straight guy) :noway:

After the boys I have dated I have decided to stay single forever. No one seems to have morals, values or honor anymore anyway.
    You wouldn't believe the things my ex's have done. People tell me I should write a comedy movie based on the crazy unbelievable stuff that has happened to me. You just have to laugh or you'll go mad!
  • buckeye86
    buckeye86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wait, wait! I remember a good one!

I cannot date you anymore because you're just too good for me.

Really, dude? STFU!

I love this one. That is one that I refuse to let them go with. I'll call bull*hit and make them tell me they just plain don't like me. I'm honest and I prefer it in return. Being relatively blunt (but not mean) with things like this is the way to go. If you just fade out or you come up with a silly excuse, it leaves the other person wondering. If you just plain say, "I'm not interested in you/I don't think we work well together and you aren't what I'm looking for," it allows that person to completely mentally move on.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Really, dude? STFU!

I love this one. That is one that I refuse to let them go with. I'll call bull*hit and make them tell me they just plain don't like me. I'm honest and I prefer it in return. Being relatively blunt (but not mean) with things like this is the way to go. If you just fade out or you come up with a silly excuse, it leaves the other person wondering. If you just plain say, "I'm not interested in you/I don't think we work well together and you aren't what I'm looking for," it allows that person to completely mentally move on.

There is no way to have a clean breakup. Men (and women equally) use such cliches because they don't wanna get into a whole mess of argument. You might think you want the real reason but seriously, you don't. just take it and leave and be happy that he didn't hated you enough to bring up the real reasons which in many cases can be really graphic and/or mean.

If you say "well I wanna improve" then sorry, but the guy (or girl) isn't running a school and that person knows how you will act and make it a huge things which is exactly why they resorted to using a cliche like this in the first place.

So, I call BS on you calling BS
  • buckeye86
    buckeye86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

Really, dude? STFU!

There is no way to have a clean breakup. Men (and women equally) use such cliches because they don't wanna get into a whole mess of argument. You might think you want the real reason but seriously, you don't. just take it and leave and be happy that he didn't hated you enough to bring up the real reasons which in many cases can be really graphic and/or mean.

If you say "well I wanna improve" then sorry, but the guy (or girl) isn't running a school and that person knows how you will act and make it a huge things which is exactly why they resorted to using a cliche like this in the first place.

Feel free. People generally like to avoid confrontation, but dragging things along for absolutely no reason causes it, doesn't avoid it. The only clean breaks for me were the up front ones. I don't feel the need to "improve"- why would I want to change when there is someone who will be fine with my perceived faults? (found him) What one person hates with a passion, someone else will always be out there who loves it. It just pisses me off when people take the "easy" way out.

Edit: I actually liked when someone told me if they thought I wasn't attractive enough or whatever it may be. That is something I can totally comprehend and be able to move on
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    My ex left me 2 months before our wedding, he told me it was because "I wasn't motivated", well here we are about 5 years later and married, with a baby, in an awesome 2 bedroom apartment with my own biz..My ex...he's out of work and living with his mom...
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Really, dude? STFU!

Feel free. People generally like to avoid confrontation, but dragging things along for absolutely no reason causes it, doesn't avoid it. The only clean breaks for me were the up front ones. I don't feel the need to "improve"- why would I want to change when there is someone who will be fine with my perceived faults? (found him) What one person hates with a passion, someone else will always be out there who loves it. It just pisses me off when people take the "easy" way out.

Edit: I actually liked when someone told me if they thought I wasn't attractive enough or whatever it may be. That is something I can totally comprehend and be able to move on

So if you don't want to improve then why do you care about his opinions? You're not gonna change yourself and he clearly doesn't like something about you. Sounds like you want confrontation and that is exactly what men (and women) want to avoid. Why would I want to even spend an extra minute trying to explain things to you when all you want to do is yell and scream at me? Honestly, for girls who have such high confrontational personality (not specifically you, just girl who strike me as people who just can't let things go) I would probably break up over a text or leave a voicemail or be like "knock knock" "who's there" "boyfriend" "boyfriend who" "exactly!". I would gladly let you self-doubt yourself for the rest of your life just to avoid those 4 hours of excruciating painful interrogation that is going to happen if I tell you the truth.

Sorry if I'm being harsh but you wanted honesty. Here's the honesty. People (both sexes) donot care about you enough to tell you the truth and spend more time explaining it to you. They'll say "its me not you" just to get the message to you that we want you out of our lives. I mean I have faked my own arranged marriage just to end things up with some girl. Harsh yes. But thats the only way to make sure that I get left alone by her for a long time
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Hey, if my pet didn't like someone I wouldn't keep dating them. period. animals recognize douche bags, etc. it's true.

I would keep it on mind if I had a dog who didnt like someone I was dating. But dogs can have jealousy issues.
    Besides what if your dating a douche bag who smells like bacon?

And as for cats...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYe1d5_LS0s
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    One time a guy that I thought had been starting something with me eventually confessed that he was NEVER actually interested in me, he just liked that I liked him...

it only took him 6 months to admit what a do-che he was.
  • lizw123
    lizw123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I wasn't even dating this one guy, we were just friends. Out of the blue he e-mailed and told me we had nothing in common except that we both "did our bit in church" - he was a bellringer and I was in the choir. He said he wanted to tell me that we would only ever be friends. For some reason I felt very upset about this. However, the guy later married me. :/ I think you could say that was mixed signals!
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I hate the games people play when dating. I wish people would be more straight up and honest.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    I told one girl i was "moving" away, good thing i didnt run into her or a friend talk about awkward

I cancelled on one and said i had to bail a friend out of jail

Of course this was younger more immature me, i'm more honest now
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Ugh, dating. Ugh.
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    at least they gave excuses. i had a friend every time a guy wanted to brake up with her.. He would just disappear! i ran into a guy once she had dated and i said to him.. she really liked you what happened? and he said "well she drank more than me" i can't date a woman that drinks more than me. and then he said what are you doing tonight? and i said.. sorry but i drink more than you.. LOL. ( but only drink pepsi) LOLOLOLOL ha. i didn't tell him i drink pepsi. LOLOLOL. freak and loser!
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    I hate the games people play when dating. I wish people would be more straight up and honest.
    I 100% agree
    Grown up people shouldn´t play games. What happend to honesty, loyality, respect.....
  • shane9894
    shane9894 Posts: 23
    Options
    small town....same circle of friends.....similar socioeconomic backgrounds....so the selection in my hometown was extremely limited throughout high school
  • Ahumphrey41
    Ahumphrey41 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ROFL!
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I did have a few guys pull a disappearing act. Dating sucks, so glad I am out of that game