Anyone else in a polyamorous relationship?

Options

Replies

• beckieboo12
    Options
    Sorry, Your post is not appropriate for this site.

Because all posts in the past on this site have been appropriate? That's why it is in the chit-chat section. You knew exactly what the post was about based on the title, don't click it. To each their own. Live and let live.

got agree, dont click the title !! :noway:
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I myself am not. I am the jealous type and my BF does not get shared with others! :P But good for you for finding what makes you happy. Some of these comments make me sick! Its people like this that make the world a much scarier place to live in!
  • vlaura
    vlaura Posts: 93
    Options
    Yall people judging her so harshly are disgusting. She's a grown a*s woman with a grown a*s boyfriend. I'm pretty sure she's not the only one out there and if that kind of relationship makes them happy, let them live.

Its not a fetish and I think she is perfectly healthy minded.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Does it count that my husband is in a bromance and I call his best friend my husband-in-law?

Just trying to lighten the mood here, since everyone went effing insane at a simple question, but the above statement happens to be true. Oh, and to whoever said these boards are for intelligent people, well you clearly haven't read most of the posts here. ;) Seriously, though. Get over it, people.

genuis ice breaker here :flowerforyou:

do you have to fight for custody of your hubby's time though?
  • Charlayray
    Charlayray Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    WOW. I never seen such judgemental people on this site, but I guess this post was where to find them.
    I am not going to say I agree with Poly relationships, but don't sit here and type all of this bull to her. Like seriously, she put it in the chit chat and fun, maybe she just wanted to see someone like her.

If you don't like it, don't say anything to it. Wow, learn how to respect someone else's culture. Please.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Does it count that my husband is in a bromance and I call his best friend my husband-in-law?

Just trying to lighten the mood here, since everyone went effing insane at a simple question, but the above statement happens to be true. Oh, and to whoever said these boards are for intelligent people, well you clearly haven't read most of the posts here. ;) Seriously, though. Get over it, people.
    GAH....MY BF has a bromance as well! You seem much more cool about it...I am tired of waking up and finding his bff sleeping on my couch!! :P
  • lauravasseur
    Options

lol mine too
  • misspersimmon
    Options
    I don't think you or your relationships are gross, wrong, or unhealthy. I know a handful of people who have been in loving, sweet, and successful poly relationships. Sorry people are going off on you without really understanding.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I myself am not. I am the jealous type and my BF does not get shared with others! :P But good for you for finding what makes you happy. Some of these comments make me sick! Its people like this that make the world a much scarier place to live in!

Just what I was thinking. Great that everyone finds what works for them. I stay single because that's what works for me, let's all judge how it isn't natural for someone to not want to marry.
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be so judgemental, certain people on the first page... It's not an inappropriate topic for a forum called "chit-chat, fun, and games", it's basically a forum for anything off-topic. Just because you don't understand how something can work doesn't mean it's weird or inappropriate.

I haven't been in a polyamorous relationship but I know someone who's had an open relationship like you - a boyfriend who had to move away with his job and could only visit every couple months, and a close girl friend who lived with her. They all got on and it worked for them.

Stephen Fry was talking about it on QI once - why is cheating on your husband/wife legal, when three people who are all effectively best friends and more cannot legally agree to be together when they are all consenting? It's legal to deceive one person who hasn't consented, it is illegal for people who are happy and willing.

Just don't be so quick to turn on somebody with different ethics than you, when those ethics aren't hurting anyone.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options

genuis ice breaker here :flowerforyou:

do you have to fight for custody of your hubby's time though?

I wish. I have to make him go away...I mean....I have to make sure he doesn't neglect his friends.
  • SleepingBeauty12345
    SleepingBeauty12345 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Kinda gross but if thats what you're into :drinker:

(question, if you get preggo does it matter who's the dad or is it everyones baby?)
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Come on! She's from Montana....what else is there to do out there?!
  • SleepingBeauty12345
    SleepingBeauty12345 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    lol
  • MattTheWaterRat
    MattTheWaterRat Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Take your fettish to CRAIGS LIST ! These boards are for intelligent and healthy minded people.
    unreal.

Wait.... why did you post this here then? Because intelligent people realize that polyamorous relationships, like pretty much any other relationship type you can think of, happen naturally in many species.

Amazing how judgemental people can be on a site where we are all different but essentially working towards one common goal. Sheesh.

Polyamorous relations are not accepted in JudeoChristian culture, so don't be surprised when people point their finger.
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Interesting .....how people still judge! so quick to come on this thread to be malicious! This is a lifestyle someone has chosen!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're going to find many poly people on mfp, but try fetlife. I have no desire to ever be in a relationship that isn't monogamous, but on that site, poly is the norm.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You musta read the name of this site wrong deary. It's my FIT nesspal..... Keep googleing though, what your looking for is out there.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Exactly my point.
  • knitfastpurlyoung
    knitfastpurlyoung Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Take your fettish to CRAIGS LIST ! These boards are for intelligent and healthy minded people.
    unreal.

Wait.... why did you post this here then? Because intelligent people realize that polyamorous relationships, like pretty much any other relationship type you can think of, happen naturally in many species.

Amazing how judgemental people can be on a site where we are all different but essentially working towards one common goal. Sheesh.

Hear, hear!

Just because something is outside of what you are familiar or comfortable with, doesn't make it wrong.
This discussion has been closed.