Body Fat % vs. Weight - photo included

Options
margojr4
margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
Last year I had two injuries. A much needed knee surgery followed by a broken collar bone. Both set me back most of the year with exercise and activity. Though the scale didnt seem to be an issue, I noticed my clothes were getting tighter.

I was becoming "skinny fat" I was eating my BMR and nothing more. The only activity I was allowed for a period of time was PT and even that wasnt enough to burn calories.

Once I got back into the swing of things again in Oct. 2011 (endurance and heavy lifting) I noticed my clothes were getting loose and I was happy to feel the changes. I started at 28% body fat and 148lbs

I came across a photo taken in August 2011, then took a photo of myself currently. Wow. What a difference. I'm currently 145lbs and my body fat is down to 21%, I have been maintaining these stats since March 2012. Also losing nearly 15 inches off my body - ALL in my mid section and thighs! I can see, now, how exercise affects me and how I really need to incorporate it into my healthy lifestyle.

Hope this visual will help someone in their own journey. Dont give up, keep moving forward! You will achieve your goal!

bodyfat-2.jpg

Replies

• mabennett
    mabennett Posts: 53
    Options
    congrats! can't see pics tho:(
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! You look AMAZING!!!
  • HappilyCyn
    HappilyCyn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. It's very motivating. You look very healthy!
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    *head on desk* Apparently I'm computer illiterate ?! ack Maybe the main photo is too big cause I retyped the img in lowecas
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Wow scale means so little sometimes. Amazing.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results!
  • lisaishotpink
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Love it :)

Gotta keep reminding myself that the scale doesn't tell me anything.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Big difference~ thanks for posting this!
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    awsome :)
  • Deltafliers
    Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Awesome visual and a great reminder! Thanks!
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    That is some serious fat loss, great job!
  • BetherFace
    BetherFace Posts: 48
    Options
    Wow, that is a great help in visualizing the difference between dieting and being fit!
  • BetherFace
    BetherFace Posts: 48
    Options
    Also, you look fabulous!
  • alettep
    alettep Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting-that is just what i needed to see! My scale has not moved much in last several months but adding weight traning in has increased definition in my arms! I recently did measurements including body fat so looking forward to watching those numbers instead!
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Love it! You look great!
  • duhblond
    duhblond Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    So encouraging!
    You look stunning.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!
    I have been doing weight training as well, and although the scale is moving slowly, I see a difference in the muscle definition in my legs.

Congratulations on your awesome work! Keep on being fabulous!
  • harpercutie
    harpercutie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    this is exactly what i needed to hear.

and you look stunning :)
  • Moviedust
    Moviedust Posts: 110
    Options
    Awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!