Thank you. <3
  • superflus
    superflus Posts: 29
    Options
    Truth.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I like how you immediately followed your accusation of "fallacy" with a false-dilemma.
    Hah, you're right, I actually didn't mean to include "all" in there, particularly not without qualifying the former statement with it, either; but it's really quite difficult to talk about a difference in quality of life without adhering to a false-dilemma in respect to typical food options. But regardless, it's the nature of the statements made in generality.
    I don't eat all processed foods, I was making the point that while I do eat processed food because it's quicker and convenient, not all processed food is totally bad for you.

:flowerforyou:
    Thanks for the flower ;) I was really only trying to say that in general I think eating unprocessed foods are going to be, in the long run, better than processed, but that it's probably not going to have as much of an effect so long as you eat a relatively healthy diet.

Although I always feel better in the immediate when I'm eating unprocessed foods as opposed to eating frozen/canned stuff.

I'm glad you feel better about it. Just to play Devil's advocate, I will point out that some vegetables that are flash-frozen or "processed" on-site retain more nutrients than those that are shipped over long distances. Which is usually the case unless you're buying local produce.

I have heard this before. I think frozen vegetables taste so much better then canned, and probably have less sodium but I currently don't really have a freezer.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    YEAH! and reach your goal when you become a senior citizen.

Yes...I can see it clearly...

The ignorance in this statement that is.
  • djsysstem
    djsysstem Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    We'll follow your list just because you said so and you have sick biceps.......

Nah kidding, good post :)
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    bump
  • thebutteredtoast
    Options
    Excellent post, good sir.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Oh thank god. I just ate peanut butter on toast. In bed. Glad to know I haven't done any major damage! :bigsmile:

Well, except for the rest you lose when sleeping on those toast crumbs... LOL>
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is not a plateau.

Thank you!
  • ebelliss
    ebelliss Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    love this!!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    oh god i love this post....can i be your friend.

that's just awesome.

L
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    YEAH! and reach your goal when you become a senior citizen.

Yes...I can see it clearly...

The ignorance in this statement that is.

Its funny because he failed at making fun of old people
  • Pomoch325
    Pomoch325 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    :love:
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    what on earth is the cabbage donkey stew diet?
    LOL

great thread
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    True! Thanks for the post. While others are trying a new fad diet every couple weeks/months and seeing no results I can make actual progress by eating within my calories and working out... consistently. Yay!
  • awisegirl84
    awisegirl84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Love it!!
    Didn't read all the other people's posts.

So can i add "You can NOT target fat in a specific area" for weight loss.
    ex. " Help how can I lose just my belly fat"?
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Now copy & paste this to 95% of the stupid posts in the forums!!!
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I like how you immediately followed your accusation of "fallacy" with a false-dilemma.
    Hah, you're right, I actually didn't mean to include "all" in there, particularly not without qualifying the former statement with it, either; but it's really quite difficult to talk about a difference in quality of life without adhering to a false-dilemma in respect to typical food options. But regardless, it's the nature of the statements made in generality.
    I don't eat all processed foods, I was making the point that while I do eat processed food because it's quicker and convenient, not all processed food is totally bad for you.

:flowerforyou:
    Thanks for the flower ;) I was really only trying to say that in general I think eating unprocessed foods are going to be, in the long run, better than processed, but that it's probably not going to have as much of an effect so long as you eat a relatively healthy diet.

Although I always feel better in the immediate when I'm eating unprocessed foods as opposed to eating frozen/canned stuff.

I'm glad you feel better about it. Just to play Devil's advocate, I will point out that some vegetables that are flash-frozen or "processed" on-site retain more nutrients than those that are shipped over long distances. Which is usually the case unless you're buying local produce.

I have heard this before. I think frozen vegetables taste so much better then canned, and probably have less sodium but I currently don't really have a freezer.

Veggies are veggies. Unless you have BP problems, don't worry about the sodium. :flowerforyou: