How can u find the right guy.

Options

Replies

• Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    You find the right guy by closing your eyes...throwing a dart at a map and going to where ever it lands.....first guy you meet there is your right guy!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    The right guy and what you think you want are always the same thing. Stop looking. Love you. Beam with confidence and someone who loves the true you will be there. OR do what I did and go on craigslist....no really I married him....never said he was mr right but we are good together and that is what matters. If he was mr right he would be Steven Tyler but I hear he is in a committed relationship.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Im a firm believer that when you stop looking, he will turn up!! He is out there somewhere, but us girls have to kiss many frogs before we find our Knight in shining armour :)

Definitely.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Right there with you...looking for the right girl.

With ZERO luck I might add.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    eHarmony.

My Dad proposed to his eHarmony match 365 days to the HOUR of their first date.

I've been with my eHarmony match since April 8, 2011 & we are very happy together :flowerforyou:
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    find the wrong guy and pick his best friend next to him. lol

wow... this is exactly what i did. HHAAH... thats funny!!
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Ya know... I found him just by doing the things I enjoy and being myself. We met through mutual friends. Just get out there and enjoy life, get involved, and you'll meet people.
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It's not when you stop looking, it's when you stop looking desperate! Oh, and yes, the best man really is the "best man".
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    dont take less then what your worth, be patient .. sometimes things aren't as they seem..

its worth it to wait...trust me.
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm the wrong guy. Hi.

Ha, perhaps you could be the right now guy then. :drinker:

Oooh, I'm a big fan of Mr. Right Now. They are always sooo much fun.

Seriously though to the OP, One day you will find the man who is perfect for you, and you will be perfect for him. Its not something that can be rushed or forced.

There are also online dating sites just for Christians, maybe try that out?
  • stebs1984
    stebs1984 Posts: 38
    Options
    Turn around and see who's still with you... Any single friends that have been with you and seen you at your best and your worst and are still your friend, and if they show an interest in you, they just might be the one...
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Don't be in a hurry. When the right guy comes along, you'll know it. Whatever you do, don't force a relationship and listen to your friends and family. They will see more in a guy than you will because, what's the old saying? "Love is Blind"? No truer words have ever been spoken.

You're young. Take your time. Live life to the fullest and eventually, it will happen.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I think the 'stop looking' approach is stupid. Focusing on yourself is fine. But maybe you like who you are already. I wouldn't tell someone without a job to stop looking it will come to you. Or a house. Stop looking the house will just show up one day. That's silly. Relationships take work and energy on your part. If you simply stop looking who is going to do that work for you?
    Get out, joing church groups if you are looking for someone Christian. And if it doesn't happen then accept that it doesn't happen for everyone and find your joy in other things.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Here I am... brought a 6 pack of beer.
    I'll be looking good when your done:smokin: :flowerforyou:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I think the 'stop looking' approach is stupid. Focusing on yourself is fine. But maybe you like who you are already. I wouldn't tell someone without a job to stop looking it will come to you. Or a house. Stop looking the house will just show up one day. That's silly. Relationships take work and energy on your part. If you simply stop looking who is going to do that work for you?
    Get out, joing church groups if you are looking for someone Christian. And if it doesn't happen then accept that it doesn't happen for everyone and find your joy in other things.

Love this...lol. Just part of why Miss Bomb is one of my MFPeeps :).
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Perhaps not "stop looking," but simply not making it your only goal. Going out and trying new things because you've always wanted to, not because you might find a man. If a woman is fixated on trying to get married, men will feel like a means to an end, which isn't fair.

Don't wait to live your life until you have a man to share it with.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Definitely go out and live your life, take in the scenery while you're out there and if you see something you like go for it ! Sidenote: my hubby actually did show up at my doorstep lol
  • munkyblew
    munkyblew Posts: 14
    Options
    after a string of disastrous relationships (and i MEAN disastrous, my last boyfriend lasted 3 years before cheating on me with a 14 year old asian transgender kid) I'm certain i've found the right guy. We started hanging out through a different ex. We both burn it, so we would meet up and burn and then spend hours just talking. When I first met him I didn't think he was attractive- not that he was ugly, I just never saw him that way. It was completely platonic. We started hanging out more and more over a period of almost a year, and one day I realized I wanted him. Since we had never even discussed the remote possibility in being involved with one another, so I was incredibly hesitant to bring it up, but finally I blurted it out and it turned out he'd been feeling that way too. Two days later I informed him that we were now dating (I'm fed up with asking guys things). It's been a year and four months and we just moved in together and it's been freaking great. A few HUGE things that are different about this guy (as opposed to my terrible relationships):

-My friends like him, including my gay best friend (he is almost always right about these things)
    -We were friends for a long while first
    -I didn't come into the friendship expecting anything to develop
    -I was single for a year before we got together (the longest before that was 2 months)
    -we hooked up a few days before we started dating.... sexual compatibility is REALLY important to me
    -he's never asked me to change anything about myself, and vice versa
    -I didn't tell him everything about my past right off the bat, it's been a process
    -i had gotten over most of the symptoms associated with the mood disorder I have, and i'm still actively seeking help
    -neither of us does hard drugs anymore and i no longer have a drinking problem
    -he gets along with my family, and they like him
    -when we fight (all couples fight, it's healthy to a certain extent) it never lasts more than an hour (or the period of time in which we're talking about it), as in we don't sleep on the couch, there's no awkward period after. we actually resolve the issue.
    -his flaws don't drive me up the wall, i've learned to accept and even love them

a good man is HARD to find. just remember that the most attractive man is usually not the best man. I had always tried to initiate things with people I picked out as "hot" before, and it turns out that's not a good basis for a relationship. Also, the best relationships occur naturally. If you can't be a friend to someone, how do you expect to be a girlfriend to them? not every relationship starts out as a friendship, but if you've been on a few dates and you're still super anxious about impressing them, instead of just looking forward to the flow of things, it's not right. I've internet dated a lot and it's never turned out well- that's another thing. The best person for you is going to have common interests (in my case, burning). If you're really interested in biology or rock climbing or culture or something, take a class on those things, and the people in that class already have common ground with you! Internet dates or hookups at clubs and stuff rarely have common interests.

also, don't "try out" a ton of guys. I was dating around a lot and being pretty sexually promiscuous for a long while and it turned out that people weren't attracted to me specifically because of that, and if they were they wanted that side of me, not the committed, loving, sane side. BE YOUR BEST SELF.

I hope I helped.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    It's not when you stop looking, it's when you stop looking desperate!

LOL
  • bellyake3
    bellyake3 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It's not when you stop looking, it's when you stop looking desperate!

LOL

^TRUE THIS