Accents

Options

Replies

• sophie_wr
    sophie_wr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It's so funny to read this, I am french with a very strong accent even after 3 years in the us !
    but americans (especially guys ;) seem to love it, they tell me that all the time (after making me repeating the same stuff 3 times !)
    I dont get it, because when I hear other fench people speak english, I find it horrible (o-ri-ble) !!
  • superrjo
    superrjo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Cant believe how many people like Scottish accents haha! I dont like mine particularly. Sexy London accent, Irish, Australian, American... I'm not picky, but I dont think its just the accent its the tone and sound of the particular voice !
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    <
    Bahstan accent!!
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    :laugh: being British, I'm finding it funny that you lovely Americans seem to enjoy the accents of our nation!

For me, Italian or French. But if I'm really honest, it's not an accent as such, but a voice, my fella has a lovely voice, I love talking to him on the phone!! ( and he's South West British!) :smooched:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'm from Oklahoma still have my southern draw. Been out here in SoCal 20 yrs.
    Love it!
  • lesleyt1982
    lesleyt1982 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    my favourite accent on a man is a midlands account, specifically stoke ( good job really as my fella is a Stokie) but I'm sorry but the south Africa accounts really grates on me.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    matchbox_girl:
    Australian....any plain guy is 5X hotter with an Aussie accent, and then of course Irish ;)

Don't come to Australia then, you'll be sorely disappointed when you hear 'real' Australian accents :P
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I love British, Scottish and Irish accents, and all the complex variations depending on the exact area that a person is from.

I have a slightly 'hick' accent, although I can't hear it myself. I grew up on a farm in Delaware, so my accent is a mix of southern and northeastern, and my uncles all had thick Alabama-style drawls.

I get told all the time that my voice and accent are hard to place, few people ever get it right, because it's a strange mix. I can however pick out someone from Maryland/Delaware in a heartbeat most of the time if I hear them on the phone or talking nearby.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Sexier Accent...
    Group 1: Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, Matthew McConaughey, Reese Witherspoon, Channing Tatum, Zach Galiafinakis
    Group 2: Conan O'Brien, Scott Wolf, Leonard Nimoy, Eliza Dushku, James Spader, Uma Thurman, Matt Damon

Which group would you rather listen to?
  • sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Quite like a NZ accent :)
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Sexier Accent...
    Group 1: Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, Matthew McConaughey, Reese Witherspoon, Channing Tatum, Zach Galiafinakis
    Group 2: Conan O'Brien, Scott Wolf, Leonard Nimoy, Eliza Dushku, James Spader, Uma Thurman, Matt Damon

I love, and listen to, a mix of all those people. I can't decide! :D
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Sexier Accent...

Group 1 all the way....with all emphasis on Matthew McConaughey!!! :love:
  • Brazilll
    Brazilll Posts: 503
    Options
    I also like Indian accents, not neccessarily for men, but just to listen to in general.

I think I pay attention to accents more than usual because English isnt my first language and I'm always intrigued by how others prononce certain things. *shrug* who knows
  • lucyster92
    lucyster92 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    welsh is just sexy.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i do not like southern accents much, they can be annoying to me.
    as well as some accents i hear out here in the midwest (they irk me too)
    apparently i have a ny accent, although it sounds normal to me and my friends/family sound normal too.
    new zealand accents are fabulous.
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Quite like a NZ accent :)

i do not like southern accents much, they can be annoying to me.
    as well as some accents i hear out here in the midwest (they irk me too)
    apparently i have a ny accent, although it sounds normal to me and my friends/family sound normal too.
    new zealand accents are fabulous.

We should chat ;-)
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I used to love british accent, now I cant stand it.

I love the accent the argentinians have, but when they speak spanish, not english.
  • TheCurvyJ
    TheCurvyJ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like most accents. Canadian, southern, british, african, new zeland.... what have you. Man, woman, kids... love accents!
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Sexier Accent...

Definitely group 2 with all those Bostonians!
  • justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    I love English, Scottish, Irish, and Welsh accents. Russian accents are my favorite though, hands down.

I'm not really a big fan of New England accents though, despite having bit of one myself.