A little embarrassing...but I'm going to ask anyway!

Options

Replies

• medicinemantoo
    Options
    Your stool is different now because you're NOT eating as much (if any) garbage food. It will become much more firm; that's just how the body works, and that's a good thing.
    Increase your water intake; at least 8qty to 10qty cups (8oz) of water, you'll probably need more in the beginning.
    if things get uncomfortable, take a laxative. Walgreens max strength is very effective and priced nice. Take maybe once or twice a week if needed. most people find taking a laxative at night will not interrupt sleep and relief comes early the next day.
    don't take laxatives regularly, your body will adjust to it and then you'll find it extremely difficult to poop without it. most people don't know that fact; take them occasionally for help, take too often and you're body will become "addicted" to it and that will really mess you up.
    keep eating right!
  • DebbieJohanesen
    Options
    In reading the replys you've gotten, my doctor mentioned Smooth Move tea to me, too. I haven't gotten any yet.
  • medicinemantoo
    Options
    Maybe somebody has a link to dr. oz and the "scoop on poop". :wink:
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're drinking enough water! I'm assuming you're eating a lot of low-fat foods. Remember that fat is important. It has many positive benefits/functions--including lubrication for your colon as food moves through it.
    I would suggest upping water intake first,
    then look at your diet--
    are you eating high protein but few carbs or little fat?
    Add whole grains, or if you're really stuck to the low-carb thing, try a fiber supplement.
    Also, add about a tablespoon of oil to your diet each day--olive oil in a salad or coconut oil mixed into a smoothie, for example.
    Also, senna tea and coffee have natural laxative effects,
    and prunes are AWESOME :)

happy pooping! :flowerforyou: lol
  • toabetterlifestyle
    Options
    coffee!!
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    I don't have this problem AT ALL haha, but I know it's because I eat a lot of fiber. I generally have around 35-40 grams per day. I'm not saying you should bump it up to this, but having a bowl of oatmeal with flax meal and berries on top for breakfast just might do the trick :)
  • MomBirner
    MomBirner Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Drink a cup of hot water. don't put anything in it. Just hot water. It works in minutes!!
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I eat a ton of raw organic flax seeds during the course of the day (I just chew them up, or stir them into yogurt etc.), and I drink a ton of water, and without that combination, I might have trouble too. Good luck to you!
  • crazymom23boys1girl
    crazymom23boys1girl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A magnesium supplement before bed might help.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    God Bless my Doctor, who once told me there is no shame in eating a greasy cheeseburger from time to time! He said that's what he does when he has that problem :) Cracked me up big time!

Truth is though, I go for a run. As soon as I'm 2 miles from an available bathroom....things start moving again!
  • mainegirl114
    Options
    I try to have at least 25-30 grams of fiber per day in my whole grains, fruits & veggies. For the days that I just cannot get there I take 1 -2 fiber gummies before bed.

The gummies have 4 calories for two gummies. I have found these taste better than any other fiber supplement. I strongly recommend making sure you are drinking water and eating as many of your fiber grams in food but this works for me in a pinch.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    A huge YES!
    Drink lots of water and take in a fiber supplement.
    All will start to flow well again...lol
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    What kind of DIET are you on that you "celebrated" by eating a KIWI ? OMG. THAT is probably the problem.

My experience is that DIETS do not work. They are short-term fixes. Must eat to fuel our bodies, maintain our metabolisms, keep our bodies FUNCTIONING; must eat to lose.

PLEASE look at your nutrition.

Jen

My Blog: This Isn't My First Rodeo
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/harlanJEN

Active member of the forum group EAT MORE TO WEIGH LESS. Check it out ! Educate yourselves!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less

Easy & Accurate TDEE calculator: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I don't have this problem AT ALL haha, but I know it's because I eat a lot of fiber. I generally have around 35-40 grams per day. I'm not saying you should bump it up to this, but having a bowl of oatmeal with flax meal and berries on top for breakfast just might do the trick :)

Ooo, oatmeal is really good for this too. Usually once I eat a bowl of it, I'm on the crapper within the hour. I need to buy some oatmeal, now. Oh, and tracking your fiber might also help. I stopped tracking my sugar (I go over everyday with the sheer amount of fruit I eat anyway...) so I could track my fiber because I was having the same problem.
  • jenniferlmartinez
    jenniferlmartinez Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thats not an embrarrassing everyone wants to know. When you drink lots a water it will start getting things moving. I go about 2-4 times a day because i've added more water. Exercise along with the water will help.
  • lawmama_
    lawmama_ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    WATER. track your water and try to drink like 12 cups a day. it works for me!
  • jacque1129
    jacque1129 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    more water, and if that doesnt help, a cup of black coffee should do the trick!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    If you do decide to drink the senna tea, remember that just because it says tea or natural, it doesn't mean it's something you should use often.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    PRUM JUICE BABY
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Your diary was closed so not sure what you have been eating. Your reference to eating a whole kiwi makes me wonder if you are eating enough.

Besides all the good advice you are getting you may want to try a stool softener like colace. Very mild and safe to take regularly for extended periods of time.