What would you tell your younger self?

Options

Replies

• FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    He isn't worth it.

And for the love of heaven, stop eating and drinking that crap NOW.
    yeah definately this
  • emhargs
    emhargs Posts: 63
    Options
    okay so my advice wouldn't be to alter any paths, or change any experiences, i have truly lived, loved, laughed and played hard.... it would more be just to let myself know that these mountains are actually molehills - being young, single, with no real responsibilities is something that only happens once - so love harder, laugh harder and play harder, and really and truly enjoy every moment, without getting bogged down in insignificant details.
  • Stpjudge
    Stpjudge Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Get married assuming it's for life, but keep a separate bank account for when it proves not to be.

Amen to that one!!! I would also say SAVE your money, move your body daily, and don't waste time being unhappy!
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    LOL funny topic. Hindsight is wonderful hey! I guess it would be to have kept moving after highschool where all I did was sports during school and then it stopped like a rock being dropped at the end of it. Got a job and a car and the fitness went out the window.

Also would be studying and doing the right thing at school. Focusing on education first time round instead of only just making it and then going to do my uni degree at age 30. Could have started my career and been working in a better paid job many years before hand :) The irony comes now with having to encourage my kids to focus on education and find motivation. It has to come from them, not us as parents being strict hard assess! They will learn one day, at least we can say we did our best support wise. So I bloody well hope huh!
  • SanyamKaushik
    SanyamKaushik Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    1. Don't ever taste your first cigarette...
    2. Buy the lottery with these (xxxx) numbers. :p
    3. Stop eating and start moving.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I would tell my Teenage self to continue sports all through out highschool.
    I would tell my college self to join ROTC and continue sports in College.
    I would tell my mid to late 20's to save more, and workout more, eat cleaner.
    I would tell my early 30's to never stop doing what I worked so hard attain...and "Save more"
  • witttiger93
    Options
    Reject your grandmother's approach to dietary health.

Start your retirement savings when you start high school.

Join the Navy instead of going to college.
  • Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Believe in your instincts - they are so in tune and correct - except for choosing the guys in your life.

When your brother tells you he's an *kitten*-hole - he really is....

Don't waste your 20's choosing the wrong guys and ending up hurt everytime.. Eventually you can't take anymore and shut down to relationships.

Trust your family to suss out the guy - believe them when they say he's not worth it.. Maybe then you won't get hurt quite so much!! And remember to love yourself.. You are actually pretty and intelligent.. Stop thinking you are ugly and unlovable.. Where you got that idea I don't know.. Eventually you will like yourself a lot and look back at pictures and wish you had back then!!

Oh its so true - youth is wasted on the young.. But I think I rather the person I am now than I was then.. I was way way too unsure of myself and convinced I didn't rate in anyones estimation..

Have made sure my son doesn't ever feel like that.. Love his confidence and outgoing personality - something I never had..
  • SnatchEatErase
    Options
    Nice haha
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    If she's not your best friend, don't get married.

Stop being so shy around new people. They assume you're unfriendly and uninterested, when the opposite is true.

Don't work so much.

Eat more bacon.
  • jankleberry
    jankleberry Posts: 508
    Options
    Don't eat for 4 when pregnant.

Oh this is a good one :) lol would have told myself this as well

Me too. Along with - you are NOT fat yet, just exercise. Keep going the way you are going you will be.
  • anjsdav
    anjsdav Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Its okay to love yourself and make sure you love yourself first! Its not the end of the world if you gain weight so stop starving yourself and learn healthy eating and exercise habits...you are going to need them when your metabolism escapes you and you do gain weight. You are going to go through the worst exactly as you feared but lean on God to bring you through instead of food and slipping into a deep depression. No matter what the world says...you are a valued as you are. You don't have to look like a super model or video vixen...sexy is an attitude. Health should be your number one concern because if you don't take care of yourself, how are you going to take care of others. Love ya.
  • chica23GK
    chica23GK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'd say "it's not selfish to put your physical self first." Don't worry about weight but do make good health a priority by which you live life, by which you make ALL decisions. Maybe then you wouldn't have fallen for that "fun-loving" guy that turned out to be a rather lazy alcoholic grumpy old fart. :)
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Poor old Granddad, I laughed at all his words
    I thought he was a bitter man
    He spoke of women's ways
    They'll trap you when they use you
    Before you even know
    For love is blind and you're far to kind
    Don't ever let it show

I wish that I knew what I know now
    When I was younger
    When I was stronger

The can-can such a pretty show
    Will steal your heart away
    But backstage back on earth again
    The dressing rooms are grey
    They come on strong and it ain't too long
    For they make you feel a man
    But love is blind and you soon will find
    You're just a boy again

When you want her lips, you get her cheek
    Makes you wonder where you are
    If you want some more then she's fast asleep
    Leaves you twinkling with the stars
    Poor young grandson there's nothing I can say
    You'll have to learn, just like me
    And that's the hardest way

Ooh la la
    Ooh la la, la la, yeah

When I was younger
    When I was stronger
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Go away to college - don't stay local!!!
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the "cool" croud, education is so so important, dont mess it up! If I had stayed with my old group of friends I would be completely different now... not that I am bad now but I think I could have saved myself a lot of pain and heart ache and be in a better position now with a career a whole lot sooner and much less scars, physical and mental.

Also "Drugs are bad, mkay"!
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Go to University right after highschool- no waiting. Also, don't believe everything you hear from the guy your in love with. Lies, allll lies.
  • anjsdav
    anjsdav Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Re: Stop serial dating just because you want to fill that Dad-shaped-hole in your life.
    Edited by zoodalia on Mon 06/18/12 03:33 AM

Same thing applies to latching on for dear life to the first one that shows you love even when he mistreats you all to feel that void...I feel you sister!
  • SRikard
    SRikard Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Boy....that is an excellent question! Enjoy your youngness! Take care of your body and soul! But if I know my younger self..I won't listen! LOL
  • iCACTUS
    iCACTUS Posts: 113
    Options
    I wouldn't go near my younger self... I would be tempted to mess everything up by giving advice, which would alter the path I've walked. There were very painful places in my life, and looking back, they were necessary to forge the steely woman I am today. If I were able to go back, simple self preservation would spur me to reach out to my younger self, but that would be counterproductive to building the character and integrity I have today because of my past trials. And, with no exaggeration, my life is very, very difficult today. I would never be able to pull it off if a moment of my past were easy. I am in a good place now, where the work is hard but so rewarding that is surpasses my wildest imaginings. I have purpose to my life and I collapse in bed every night, exhausted. That produces a contentment that I would wager could not be matched any other way.

Agreed.