Gun for conceal / carry

Options

Replies

• p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Kel Tec p3at or p32
    Glock 19

The Kel Tec p3at is what I've started carrying when I run.

You carry a gun when you run :huh: jeez lady, where do you live? Must be dangerous!

I am getting my conceal carry liscence and doing the same thing.
    It is not strictly the area you live in. Even the "nice" areas can be targeted at women working out. Your body is already being pushed, so you are a weaker target at the mid/end of your workout. Right now I just have mace and my keys.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    You 'mericans are lucky to even have the choice to CC. Up here in ultra-liberal hell called Canada, I practically have to beg to simply own a gun, and having to transport it to a gun range is another bend-over session.

I recently got a S&W M&P9 and love it. Also have an older .22 revolver, but that's more of a nostalgia piece.

Yup, and our rates of gun deaths in Canada are less than 1/2 per 100,000 than our American friends, and our homicide rate is 1/5th of the US. I'll take the nanny state regulation of firearms over the debate on conceal or not conceal any day. You are always free to move south.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate
    Speaking of ultra-liberals; are you ignorant enough to think that has ANYTHING to do with the tight gun control? When's the last time you heard a law abiding gun owner killed someone innocent, even in the US? Get an education.
  • FrenchMob
    Options
    You 'mericans are lucky to even have the choice to CC. Up here in ultra-liberal hell called Canada, I practically have to beg to simply own a gun, and having to transport it to a gun range is another bend-over session.

I recently got a S&W M&P9 and love it. Also have an older .22 revolver, but that's more of a nostalgia piece.

Yup, and our rates of gun deaths in Canada are less than 1/2 per 100,000 than our American friends, and our homicide rate is 1/5th of the US. I'll take the nanny state regulation of firearms over the debate on conceal or not conceal any day. You are always free to move south.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate
    I concur.
    Then you're just as ignorant as he is.
  • 2moonNback
    2moonNback Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Can we get this thread back on track? He was asking for information about which firearm he should choose to carry for CCW. I hate it when people hijack threads. He has already made the decision to obtain a CCW permit, as is his right in the USA. He was not asking for opinions on why he should carry. Don't make this into a political platform or give personal opinions on gun control.

If you want to discuss those things make a new forum topic.

It shouldn't be on a fitness website anyway
    Sure it should.
    Bullet holes are bad for your health.
    Protecting your family is GOOD for your overall fitness.
    But, if you don't want to read about Americans protecting themselfs from criminals, simply don't click on the link.

But by carrying a gun you are 4-5 times more likely to get a hole in yourself possibly a few stray bullets for your family. I have reported this thread so hopefully a moderator will see fit to remove it.
    Maybe YOU are more likely to get yourself shot however, I am considered "trained" in firearm useage.

And trying to get a thread locked because YOU don't agree with it?
    Way to go sport.
    It looks like living in a nanny state agrees with you.

I carry a hand gun with me pretty much everywhere I go. But to look at me you wouldn't know it. I am a responsible gun owner. I target shoot AT LEAST once a week, I have taught my children gun safety since the day they were born. And shooting is a sport we enjoy as a family. I have a lifetime handgun license in my state and a member of the NRA and in case you haven't figured it out I am DAMN proud of these rights that my forefathers faught and died to give me.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    Options
    I carry a hand gun with me pretty much everywhere I go. But to look at me you wouldn't know it.
    Except your name IS pistolmama... :laugh:
    Sorry, just saying. I totally agree with you and am going to begin trainging my daughter on gun safety soon too :)
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I carry a double action .38 S&W ultra light carry. It is stainless steel, not some sissy pink one! If I ever to pull it on some thug, do you think he is going to take me seriously with a pink gun??....I think not!

My hubby carries a Kimber .45 Ultra carry stub nose. It is just a pretty pistol!.....It feels great in hand, and is really nice, but very pricey.
  • silverbullet07
    silverbullet07 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've got a Beretta PX4 Storm. And get certified with an automatic. If you certify with a revolver you can only carry a revolver. Automatic certified means you can carry either or.

+ 1 Love my Beretta Px4 Storm Type F Sub-Compact 40 cal. Great CC weapon.
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Kel Tec p3at or p32
    Glock 19

The Kel Tec p3at is what I've started carrying when I run.

You carry a gun when you run :huh: jeez lady, where do you live? Must be dangerous!

^My thoughts exactly!

Surely you already have the advantage on someone trying to get you...?!

More importantly, if you think you're at risk of being attacked to the point that you'd need a gun to save yourself, why on earth don't you just find somewhere safer to go running?!!!
    Maybe even consider buying a treadmill and perhaps avoid a life-threatening situation...

...Maybe it's just me....
  • 2moonNback
    2moonNback Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I carry a hand gun with me pretty much everywhere I go. But to look at me you wouldn't know it.
    Except your name IS pistolmama... :laugh:
    Sorry, just saying. I totally agree with you and am going to begin trainging my daughter on gun safety soon too :)

There is that. LOL!:happy:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I don't have a license to carry yet but have a glock 9mm in the house (thanks to my bf) as well as a 12 gauge.

I've grown up around guns, my parents and brother all carry and as soon as I get the gun I want to carry, it will be on me. My personal choice- Bersa 380!
  • FrenchMob
    Options
    Just has no place here
    Yes, go plant your head in the sand like all the other ignorant people out there.

BTW, your also a hypocrite. Just a quick glance shows you post on SEVERAL non-weight/fitness/diet related threads including but not limited to; What Island do you live on, Last Word Backward, etc. I'm offended and don't agree with those threads, but do you see me whining about it to the mods and posting on them? NO.

Now simply leave the thread or STFU. It's that easy.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    Options
    More importantly, if you think you're at risk of being attacked to the point that you'd need a gun to save yourself, why on earth don't you just find somewhere safer to go running?!!!
    Maybe even consider buying a treadmill and perhaps avoid a life-threatening situation...

It isn't just you.. its you and the rest of the people who need a reality check. I learned the hard way when I was a teenager that the "It won't ever happen to me" mentality is completely untrue. It does happen to you.. and when you least expect it. I would start reading the news more and get a better grip on the real wold.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you responsible gun owners for your input. It's almost too much information!

To the rest, please share your propaganda elsewhere.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you responsible gun owners for your input. It's almost too much information!

To the rest, please share your propaganda elsewhere.
    Please read my post one page back about my 9MM and my damaged left hand.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I carry a Desert Eagle....oops sorry I mean Lara Croft carries a Desert Eagle I just carry the controller.

Hmmm I may be in the wrong thread, is this the gamer forum??? :ohwell:
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Some guns that have been suggested so far:

Springfield XDM
    Walther P99
    S&W M&P
    Sig Sauer P229
    H&K 45
    Glock 19

I have the Springfield XDM 9mm and while it is a great gun, I hate carrying it, with a fully loaded mag it is heavy. Just my 2 cents
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Glock is a good choice. Maybe Glock 19. It's what I use. You can drop it in water and it'll still fire. I've seen it done. It's smaller and easier to conceal. No safety to worry about in an emergency. It shoots 9mm so ammo would be cheaper.
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options

It isn't just you.. its you and the rest of the people who need a reality check. I learned the hard way when I was a teenager that the "It won't ever happen to me" mentality is completely untrue. It does happen to you.. and when you least expect it. I would start reading the news more and get a better grip on the real wold.

I'm well aware it could happen to me and it already has.
    But that's exactly why I wouldn't ever put myself in a situation where I felt so threatened that I would need to carry a gun. I'd plan my route to stick to safer or more public places, run with a friend or, as I said, buy a treadmill where I can run in the safety of my own home!
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    I carry a Sig P220R compact. I can't complain.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I have a S&W 38 caliber... It's a little bulky for my purse...but I have NO doubt that it will stop ANYONE if I need to...that being said... I am so looking forward to buying a 9mm.
This discussion has been closed.