Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 May / June

Options

Replies

• Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Did day 3 of week 3 and my elliptical afterward. I did day 2 yesterday but didn't check in here because I was using my phone yesterday. Had a busy weekend.

My arms are definitely feeling this workout though, week 3 is hard but I love it.

Be back tomorrow!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Is it alright if I join in? I know I'm a little late but could use the inspiration. I have NMTZ and never have gotten around to using it regularly... But I bet it would do very good things if I did..:

For sure! And NMTZ is deadly! My favorite JM DVD so far :)

Thanks! What schedule are you following right now? I might be able to hack NMTZ if I'm in good company !

I'm actually going to switch it up a bit this week. For the last 2 weeks (since I started NMTZ, I've been doing RI30 for a couple of months, but not every day) I was doing RI30 Mon, Wed, Thurs along with 30 min of cardio and NMTZ Tues and Sat. This week I'm going to start a new rotation doing RI30 Mon and Wed with 30 min of cardio and NMTZ on Tues, Thurs, and Sat. On the weekdays I think I'm going to break it up into 2 chunks though, doing the first 4 circuits in the morning along with warm up and cool down and then the remaining 3 in the afternoon/evening still with warm up and cool down. I really like being able to get a workout in first thing in the morning, but 55 min is too long before work! I'll see how I like doing it split up this week and go from there!

What is your schedule like?
  • DawneMorris
    DawneMorris Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 and am very glad to hear that your muscles do stop hurting! Been walking funny for the last 2-3 days! Am enjoying Jillian though!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Omg so I did Kickbox Fastfix as my cardio today....haven't done it since I got my HRM. I burned 265 calories in 20 minutes!!!! Now granted, I kept it going a few minutes past the workout because I wanted to see how long it took my heart rate to come down, but it wasn't a super long amount of time at all, maybe 3 or 4 minutes!

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but that's NUTS!

Needless to say, I'm done for the day after doing RI30 week 3 first thing in the morning AND KBFF lol
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 4 of Ri30 - my legs are sore! But it's a great burn and I find I feel so much better these days! Have a great day everyone!
    :happy:
  • Kat0310
    Options
    Day 4 week 3 done this morning followed by 30 mins on the elliptical. My triceps sure do hurt when I'm finished, no pain, no gain!

Be back tomorrow!
  • Ok so I did my insanity day 2 this morning and my legs are feeling it lol but Im thinking of doing a third time around on RI30 in the evening since it only has 6 min cardio in it ..What do you ladies think?
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Ok so I did my insanity day 2 this morning and my legs are feeling it lol but Im thinking of doing a third time around on RI30 in the evening since it only has 6 min cardio in it ..What do you ladies think?

How long is Insanity? 60 min? I'm thinking that is enough for 1 day!
  • RunsAround
    RunsAround Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did NMTZ today. I wasn't looking forward to it since I hated the video last time. Thought it was boring and not challenging. That was nearly a year ago. For whatever reason, I liked it this time.

Day 3 of the Jillian Michael Slimdown Challenge complete.
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I think i either gonna give this up and just do BFBM and NMTZ or do both and include this somewhere too. Im just not seeing any results with it on its own! Strange as it feels harder than the 30 day shred but with that i lost weight and inches.
  • Ok so I did my insanity day 2 this morning and my legs are feeling it lol but Im thinking of doing a third time around on RI30 in the evening since it only has 6 min cardio in it ..What do you ladies think?

No each day is different some are 30 some are 45 min it all depends on day your on
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    I did NMTZ today. I wasn't looking forward to it since I hated the video last time. Thought it was boring and not challenging. That was nearly a year ago. For whatever reason, I liked it this time.

Day 3 of the Jillian Michael Slimdown Challenge complete.

YAY! good job! NMTZ is so hard that it can't be boring....at least for me lol
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    I think i either gonna give this up and just do BFBM and NMTZ or do both and include this somewhere too. Im just not seeing any results with it on its own! Strange as it feels harder than the 30 day shred but with that i lost weight and inches.

Awww I'm sorry you aren't seeing the results you wanted! I know that I haven't lost tons of inches over the last bit, but I can definitely see and feel my body getting stronger. is that happening for you too?

BFBM and NMTZ are both killer workouts. I have started doing NMTZ 3 times/week and RI30 2 times/week but I think I'm going to drop a day of something.....just have to figure out which one lol
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Ok so I did my insanity day 2 this morning and my legs are feeling it lol but Im thinking of doing a third time around on RI30 in the evening since it only has 6 min cardio in it ..What do you ladies think?

No each day is different some are 30 some are 45 min it all depends on day your on

Oh okay that's not so bad then.....I thought the workouts were way longer lol How are you liking it?
  • Kat0310
    Options
    Day 5 of week 3 done for me followed by 30 minutes on the elliptical.

I have to note to someone's previous post on here that I too have not lost any weight but I am feeling it in my muscles, my arms have been feeling sore after doing week 3, she really pounds the triceps hard in circuit 3.

Oh okay that's not so bad then.....I thought the workouts were way longer lol How are you liking it?

They start getting longer as the days go by ..but i live it so far =]
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Day 5 of week 3 done for me followed by 30 minutes on the elliptical.

I have to note to someone's previous post on here that I too have not lost any weight but I am feeling it in my muscles, my arms have been feeling sore after doing week 3, she really pounds the triceps hard in circuit 3.

Massive tricep work in week 3!!!!
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    I have to admit I have been slacking on doing RI30, I'm just doing other workouts and it seemed to be a much for my knees. So this morning I decided to really torture myself and do Extreme Shed and Shred, I forgot how long and hard of a workout that is. I also forgot how much I enjoy it. It has been a really long time since I've done the whole thing, I was just doing one level and cycling through. But I can't believe how much "easier" it was to do the whole thing today.

It's a nice change from my regular routine and an amazing calorie burn. I am going to feel this one later.

Hope everyone has a great day and keep working.
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Please friend me! I need some JM fans as friends for motivation and support.

I've completed 30DS twice. Couldn't believe the body changes! I took a two week hiatus then started RI30 on Monday. My legs are sore but not intolerably so. I'm using 5lb weights but thinking of increasing to 8lbs. Except for those damn side lunges and arm raises, I go back to 3lbs for those. I don't know what it is about that move, grrrrrr!!! Anyone recently make the switch from 5 to 8? How was it?

So today will be Day 4 of level 1. I noticed yesterday was considerably easier already. And by easier I don't mean easy! Looking forward to/somewhat scared/nervous excitement for the next levels.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    I have to admit I have been slacking on doing RI30, I'm just doing other workouts and it seemed to be a much for my knees. So this morning I decided to really torture myself and do Extreme Shed and Shred, I forgot how long and hard of a workout that is. I also forgot how much I enjoy it. It has been a really long time since I've done the whole thing, I was just doing one level and cycling through. But I can't believe how much "easier" it was to do the whole thing today.

It's a nice change from my regular routine and an amazing calorie burn. I am going to feel this one later.

Hope everyone has a great day and keep working.

Great job!!!!!

I have this one but haven't tried it yet! I understand that it's circuit training like RI30, do you find that it's similar? Or is it more strength?