How long it took U to lose 30-50lbs? Have you kept if off?

Options

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kympow
    kympow Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have lost 36 pounds since March 3rd (thats with trying to maintain in may due to all the parties). For me it is a lifestyle change.. all I am doing in counting calories.
  • beachcricket81
    Options
    I lost 3.7 stones (51.8 Pounds) in 10 months . I have kept it off by regular exercise and watching what I am eating. :smile:
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    73 LBS in 3.5 months so far, and still losing.

It's easy to lose weight fast when you finally see through all the high protein BS and eat the diet the human is supposed to eat.
  • holley75
    holley75 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    In total I have lost 48 pounds. Since using MFP in January I have lost 25 pounds. For me i have tried to be smart about what i put in my mouth. that has been the hardest. I crave sweets and I have had to learn if it goes in my mouth it counts. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels. Stared MFP at 185 now at 160. I have more to go. For all of you who has posted keep it up and great job. This journey is not easy.
  • holley75
    holley75 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great job. Keep up the amazing work
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    ive lost 30 since feb. but half the time i was working on my first year of college so i wasnt doing as good as i would have liked to. (did get a 4.0 though) i will never put it back on again :]
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I lost some weight before I found MFP in total to date I have lost 37 pounds. It took me over a year and a half because I encountered injuries along the way and some other stuff came up. The most I had gained back at one point was 5 pounds. Which to me was a lot as I fight for every pound.
    I keep it off because when I started this journey I thought I was having a heart attack thankfully it was acid reflux (very bad case) still was a wake up call for me. The symptoms of Acid reflux can be identical to a heart attack. I never want to have a heart attack if that was what even half it would feel like. That is my motivation to keep it off and take off the last 26 pounds!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I lost a total of 42 lbs in about 18 months. (ticker now doesn't reflect that because I'm pregnant and tracking the baby weight now)

Went from 218 to 176.
  • veggiesaurus15
    veggiesaurus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Since January 1st I've lost 48 pounds. I started at 194 and I'm now at 146.
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    It took me about 7 months to lose 50 lbs. I'm down 59 now and still losing. I currently weigh 194. Shooting for a goal weight of 180 - 185. My ultimate goal, however, is not a number on the scale. It is body fat percentage. I have gone from 38% TO 27% since December 2011. I am shooting for 20% or less.

Oh, BTW. I am 64 years young but hitting it hard at the gym 4 days a week!
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I feel a little embarassed at how everyone is logging in pound after pound they lose each week and I remain the same for 2 months. Effin' irritating, but I'm just going to keep doing what I do and working out and enjoying life. I can't do much more than that.
  • Misslisat
    Misslisat Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    12/11-5/12 I lost 42lbs, 25 more to go

Almost identical to me. I started losing (wasn't trying, though) in December '11 and officially started working out and watching what I eat in April. I'm down 45 now. I have about 50 to go.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I feel a little embarassed at how everyone is logging in pound after pound they lose each week and I remain the same for 2 months. Effin' irritating, but I'm just going to keep doing what I do and working out and enjoying life. I can't do much more than that.

Honey, I'm right there with ya--actually worse, because I've had to push my scale pounds lost back up, as i'm 5-6 pounds More than when i first started, hmmph--talk about embarrassing:sick: ...I so totally understand where you're coming from.

I think, wow, what the Fuddruckers is going on with me? I've recently started bumping up the exercising and walking, so hopefully that will help. You're not alone and thanks so much for posting:flowerforyou:

To all you (including those of us who aren't seeing the scale move for one reason or another), THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING--YOU ALL ROCK, PERIOD.
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    it took me 9 months to lose 52lbs I went from 183lbs to 131.2lbs
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I lost 30lbs in 4-5 months maybe. I can't actually remember when I weighed 155lbs. I'm at 49lbs down so far & that's taken 9-10 months.
    I'm not done losing weight, I've got another 16.5lbs left, so yes I've kept it off.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Took me 5 months to lose 50lbs, taken me over the course of 2 years to lose 120 but it's been an off and on, up and down roller coaster. I've lost 75.5lbs in 9 months and have kept it all off.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Bump
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    b ump
  • Sharmender
    Sharmender Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    30 lbs in 3 months. So far so good, but Its only been 1 month...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!