A little embarrassing...but I'm going to ask anyway!

Options

Replies

• lueymagoo
    lueymagoo Posts: 2
    Options
    I have had problems in this area all of my life. I finally started drinking metamucil and found that to be fantastic. Whilst on holidays a friend told me about Psyllium Husks. I now sprinkle two good heaped dessert spoons on my cereal at breakfast and haven't looked back. It's so cheap compared to metamucil and is natural. Give it a go you'll be hooked hahahaha I have also been told eat heaps of fruit, drink lots of water blah blah blah, I have always done these things but it never helped.
  • KeriLoy
    KeriLoy Posts: 23
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your comments, since I drink a ton of water - hand on on gotta pee (again)...okay I'm back, I will try the fiber, or more of it!, flax seed (I'll have to look that up since 'm not familiar) and get some smooth move tea. I'm not much in for suppositories (sp?) or laxatives and wuld rather go a more natural route - no pun intended...lol. Thanks for the support friends!!
  • Mrs_Sheila
    Mrs_Sheila Posts: 39
    Options
    YEP! Water is great! :drinker:
  • IllianaIman
    IllianaIman Posts: 131
    Options
    bump
  • IllianaIman
    IllianaIman Posts: 131
    Options
    mutamucil, fibar bars, if you check Fiber one they taset very good and you could get them on sale for 2 for 4$. H2O, prunes.....I hope that helps
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Water water water coffee water water fiber...lol

I used to be the opposite (sometimes 2-4 days) but now I pretty much go regularly since starting to eat healthier! Go figure!
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I have never really had an issue with constipation. I drink a glass of warm/hot water with half a lemon squeezed in it, have my cup of coffee, and I barely make it through the cup of coffee without having to go...
  • JulieDive
    JulieDive Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    As a nurse, I know that it is not necessary to have a BM daily some go as many as 3 days. The usual advice increase fluids & fiber. Gentle laxative would be the last resort.
  • kneasles
    kneasles Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You said you eat spinach like crazy. I love spinach but too much constipates me - too much iron does that to me. Maybe mix in a different leafy veggie to cut back on the iron but still keep the benefits.
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I used to poo once every day or two. When I got more serious about my diet I began to poo every day- now it is like 2 or 3 times a day! Awesome! The things I changed in my diet are that I added
    drinking 8+ glasses of water a day- infused with Bengal Spice Tea (no caffeine no sugar)
    the great green raw juice- basically juicing leaves, fruits and veggies
    more strenuous exercise-strength training.
    I think the cinnamon in the tea helped increase my metabolism and the juice gave me lots of fiber- so I am really happy with my poo these days.

Good luck!
  • margie957
    margie957 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try Calicum 1000 mg and Magnesium=500 mg
    it worked for me
  • Sindari
    Sindari Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and 1 Wasa cracker a day. Up that fiber!
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    fiber, water, but also consider: if you are giving your body more "usable" (whole) foods than before, perhaps it's simply using them instead of disposing of them like the crap food?? (pun kind of intended...)
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    There is a natural tea called 'Smooth Move" at health food stores. Warning, it is not smooth moving you may have fire coming out after an hour of drinking it. So I suggest doing it when you are at home for the day and make sure you drink a lot. Also, enemas work well too. Or the lemonade cleanse. water, lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. Or just drink some salt water.

Good luck.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Haha, no worries. Eat a big salad everyday or at least a side salad with dinner and you should see some improvement. Lettuce is full of fiber and practically no calories, so it's a great natural way to get those BMs moving.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    More water and more fiber
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Organic Smooth Move Senna Tea. I've heard great results from many people!

That would be my suggestion too. I use it once a week to keep the pipes clean :wink:

But actually it took me a while to realize that the reason I'm not going to poop as much is because I'm not eating as much as I used to. So I don't go everyday...no big deal. You'll get used to it.
  • KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    More fiber, lots of water. :drinker:
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Raw psyllium husks are awesome or just eat green lentils or beans and drink coffee.
  • lovinmyself2012
    Options
    OMG Coffee. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I hate when I just meet a guy and he wants to go out and "have coffee sometime". UGH! Just drink it!