Carbs????

Options

Replies

• KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    carb intake is relative to anaerobic exercise level.

what the heck does that mean?

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is that confusing?
  • activitiesisanne
    activitiesisanne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    eat most of your carbs before noon. that will help. eat bread that is only 80 calories or less. 1 per meal, more at breakfast, little at lunch & less at supper. Go to Dr.Oz. his show today was about carbs and insanity workout
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    eat most of your carbs before noon. that will help. eat bread that is only 80 calories or less. 1 per meal, more at breakfast, little at lunch & less at supper. Go to Dr.Oz. his show today was about carbs and insanity workout

snort
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

the only thing my carb intake is relative to is what food happens to be in my house and what I happen to be hungry for and what macros need filling. nothing else
  • LesterBlackstone
    LesterBlackstone Posts: 291 Member
    Options

Avengers-Hulk-Loki-1337008016.gif
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

snort

double snort
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options

the only thing my carb intake is relative to is what food happens to be in my house and what I happen to be hungry for and what macros need filling. nothing else

OOOOHHH! Ok, I get it now. Whoo, I was about to lose my faith in humanity if you didn't know what the sentence meant.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options

Avengers-Hulk-Loki-1337008016.gif

agreed.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

OOOOHHH! Ok, I get it now. Whoo, I was about to lose my faith in humanity if you didn't know what the sentence meant.

I still dont know what it means
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options

This is a joke. RIGHT.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Very simple, I'm pretty sure he's implying that if a sedentary person starts doing a lot of anaerobic exercises, they will appreciate more carbohydrates (usually in the form of glycogen) then the sedentary counterpart. Examples:

"Finally, another factor
    that may have contributed to the rapid attainment of supramaximal glycogen levels is the avoidance of exercise on the
    day of carbohydrate loading"
    http://www.edulife.com.br/dados\Artigos\Nutricao\Nutricao Esportiva e Suplementacao\CHO loading.pdf

"Anaerobic/intermittent exercise relies predominantly on the anaerobic glycolysis pathway, which uses carbohydrate as substrate and aerobic exercise relies on the tricarboxylic acid cycle and fat, or a mixture of fat and carbohydrate for energy production."
    http://www.portalsaudebrasil.com/artigospsb/obes219.pdf
    You can lose weight without cutting carbs. I eat over 200 a day and I still lose.

^^agree i eat about 150 a day.
    *Agree and I try to stay under 200 but that doesn't always happen. Either way it didn't get in the way of my weight loss. It's more of a I don't want an excessive amount or dangerously low amount thing.

what is "dangerously low"?
    Dangerously low is when it gets so low it's dangerous. :wink: Troll someone else.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    :D
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options

Acg67 is an anti low-carb troll. From what I can tell, he has an alert set up when anyone posts anything about carbs.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options

Acg67 is an anti low-carb troll. From what I can tell, he has an alert set up when anyone posts anything about carbs.

Stating your opinion does not make you a troll. You might not agree with him, but that doesn't make him a troll.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I'd love for you to find a post to illustrate my anti low carb stance/low carb trolling
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I eat 25 or less grams of net carbs on an average day. I incorporate fruit and veggies, all fresh, no processed food. It works for me.
  • hulkklogan
    hulkklogan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you plan to follow a paleo/primal diet, 50-100g carbs/day is the recommended area for 'effortless' weight loss. I recommend ditching the grains. Our bodies are virtually identical to our ancestors of 10k years ago, yet we eat and exercise completely differently. Humans are not supposed to be ingesting 200g+ per day. People may be able to not get fat by exercising and not overeating, but the repeated blood sugar, and consequently insulin spikes, over the years can wear your body out and you can still easily develop a myriad of dietary-related afflictions, such as diabetes or insulin resistance.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

I'd love for you to find a post to illustrate my anti low carb stance/low carb trolling

besides, it was me that asked "what the heck does that mean"?
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    FergieLowCarb.gif

Give me carbs, or give me death.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    If you plan to follow a paleo/primal diet, 50-100g carbs/day is the recommended area for 'effortless' weight loss. I recommend ditching the grains. Our bodies are virtually identical to our ancestors of 10k years ago, yet we eat and exercise completely differently. Humans are not supposed to be ingesting 200g+ per day. People may be able to not get fat by exercising and not overeating, but the repeated blood sugar, and consequently insulin spikes, over the years can wear your body out and you can still easily develop a myriad of dietary-related afflictions, such as diabetes or insulin resistance.

Guess Sisson didn't mention Paleo man is estimated to have eaten 300g of carbs daily?

Eaton et al. Paleolithic nutrition revisited: A twelve-year retrospective on its nature and implications. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition (1997) 51, 207±216

http://www.direct-ms.org/pdf/EvolutionPaleolithic/Eaton Paleo Nutri Review EJCN.pdf