How often does everyone weigh themselves?

Options

Replies

• _HeyMommy_
    _HeyMommy_ Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I should add, even tho i check my weight twice a day.......I officially weigh in once a week, and record measurements every 2 weeks.
  • dodoodoodo
    dodoodoodo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    every week for me, but the hubby does it pretty much every day! it makes me want to hide the scale from him lol
  • kaitiebeth89
    kaitiebeth89 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Every morning, but I officially track it on mondays.
  • Milette812
    Milette812 Posts: 32
    Options
    I do weigh myself at the same time everyday, right before I start my cardio and I only record when the weight goes down. If it doesn't move or jumps up a few ounces a little, it motivates me to work harder, and when I get to log that I lost some weight, it reminds me that my hard work is paying off and is totally worth it! I am worth it!
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Officially, I weigh in weekly. Sometimes, if I want to re-motivate myself, I'll sneak in a weigh in sometime throughout the week, but I don't record it regardless of what it says.
    My weight fluctuates daily, so I try to not look at the scale too often.

Edit: Sometimes, I don't even weigh in weekly; sometimes I wait even longer between weigh ins.
  • tmielke74
    tmielke74 Posts: 8
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week on Wednesday. Seems to work out for me :)
  • kjbbdoll
    kjbbdoll Posts: 86
    Options
    I weigh daily to keep me on track, however, I only take it to heart and "officially" count it once a week.
    Me too :)
  • Chinadollpuss
    Chinadollpuss Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was weighing myself everyday which was driving me NUTZ, so now just once a week
  • isis2triple0
    isis2triple0 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and after I work out I feel like that's my real weight because of all the sweat. I actually wanna stop weighing my self so much.
  • boys4girls1
    Options
    Once a week for me.
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i dont weigh daily but i do weigh 3 or 4 times a week...i only weigh in on sundays though. i think it just depends on the person so you have to do what works for you. if youre discouraged by the scale, weigh in less frequently. if youre encouraged, weigh in more often. :)
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and don't get upset by the normal fluctuations. I think that's key if you're going to weigh yourself often. You have to be able to look at the long-term pattern, not that you "gained" a pound in 1 day. That said, I don't really have a regular day that I officially weigh myself (I don't record all the daily weights). But, I think I'm going to pick a day and weigh in once a week from now on - we'll see how that goes! I say, do whatever works for you just don't make yourself crazy. :wink:
  • Uglyduckling2swan
    Options
    Every Sunday. I try to stay away from the scales on the other days no matter how tempting it is
  • garzapat1005
    garzapat1005 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    HArdly ever! Maybe once a moth thats the most,
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    daily, some days I wish I wouldn't and some days it makes me work all the harder to lose the lbs. What ever motivates you is best for you
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Daily for grins. Officialy once a month
  • amiramira
    amiramira Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Personally, if I don't get up and weigh myself, I don't feel on track. I only weigh in weekly. It's just part of my morning routine now. Not demotivating for me at all. I am doing a slow life change and picking up good habits- like weighing every morning to remember not to eat crap all day.

I do the same thing. I find it helpful, personally. But yeah, I only do a 'weigh in' on Wednesdays.
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus Posts: 31
    Options
    Every morning. It helps remind me to keep working!
    I only track my weight loss or gain once a week though.
  • Patsqual
    Patsqual Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely weekly. anything more often will conflict with natural water weight and other bodily functions:) Weekly keep me straight.
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Im a daily weigher too (twice daily actually as the nighttime weight will give me a bit of a prediction of how the next day will pan out). It also helps keep me focused and in line. Sick obsession perhaps, but at least Im not shoveling food in my mouth instead!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!