just started a grapefruit cleanse....

Options
124»

Replies

• rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    i hear its good for a qwick cleanse' but so is water, and things that make you poop:drinker:
  • 22colin
    22colin Posts: 31
    Options
    THIS ISNT MY DIET PLAN ITS JUST SOMETHING IM DOING FOR THREE DAYS. MY PERSONAL TRAINER TOLD ME TO DO A CLEANSE BECAUSE MY BODY ISNT RESPONDING WELL TO MY CHANGE IN DIET.

Wait...you were told to make a drastic change in your diet because your body wasn't responding well to a drastic change in your diet??

:huh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    your trainer told you to do it, but you looked up the cleanse online?
    you'd think your 'trainer' would have told you what to do, not told you to google it.

ditch the cleanse, exercise more, log your food.
  • soysos
    soysos Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I commend you for your effort in losing weight, but 'cleansing' is all but a sham. You drop nothing but water weight. Your kidneys and liver will take care of any cleansing your body needs so long as you drink plenty of water. Crash diets are tough on your body and you'd be better served by dieting properly. But good luck and I wish you the best of health.

your liver and kidneys cleans the blood, but what about the build up in the gi tract. high fiber diets may help push solid waste through the colon, but all that cellulose can cause a buildup in the stomach. high protein diets can lead to a buildup of solid waste. periodically going on a bland diet, or better yet a full liquid diet flushes all buildup from the gi tract.
  • JMeka
    JMeka Posts: 26
    Options
    There's a huge reason why people fail at losing weight. This may be a combination of all of them. Lack of education, laziness, poor information, and lack of general health training from any kind of governing body that wants to help people instead of sell people like OP a bunch of nonsense.

Totally agree.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    ok i am just throwing this question out their, does anyone take any type of pills at all, i am just interested in it like cleansing ones or acai or anything

Thread highjacking? Start your own thread so we can dispute you properly.

bahahahaha! hilarious!

I've heard mixed reviews about cleansing and fasting, I've always been interested in doing one, but I think eating clean would just be the best solution all around.

Smart lady^^
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Ugh now I remember why I stay away from these boards, everyone is always looking to cut someone down,, your mother should have told you if you have nothing nice to say then just STFU

agree
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,100 Member
    Options
    Ugh now I remember why I stay away from these boards, everyone is always looking to cut someone down,, your mother should have told you if you have nothing nice to say then just STFU

We'll miss you and your judging us for judging. Have a nice life.
  • JMeka
    JMeka Posts: 26
    Options
    I've did this diet/cleanse, plus the lemonade with cayenne pepper , and hcg....it's a bunch of nonsense. You lose weight oh yes...but can you live on this cleanse for the rest of your life?? I think not. I have had friends who ended up in the hospital because of these diets/cleanses. Plus once you revert to your old eating habits or even if you incorporate healthy habits, you will still grain back the weight and more. Putting a band-aide over a gaping wound will not heal it.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Most veggies have little to no protein at all. Your body needs protein and healthy fats to function. It needs proteins for your muscles and cells and fats are needed to lubricate joints and help bodily functions and also helps nerve function in your brain. They are essential and you can hurt your body by not eating any. You will mostly only lose water weight on a cleanse like this.

I have seen some cleanses which encourage eating (and plenty of it!) but they concentrate on cutting out dairy or other things that people are allergic to in order to see if you are allergic to anything. But otherwise they're dumb. Just eat healthy things all of the time. solution.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I EAT LEAN PROTEINS, FRUITS, VEGGIES, AND I HAVE BEEN EATING DIFFERENT WHOLE WHEAT FOODS. ITS NOT THAT IM NOT EATING HEALTHY. I HAVE BEEN ON MY DIET FOR 3 AND A HALF WEEKS AND I HAVE DROPPED 12LBS.
    That's 4 pounds a week, well above normal weight loss, how do you think your body isn't responding?
    tigerpalm.jpg
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    You've dropped 12 lbs in 3.5 weeks, and your "trainer" thinks it's a problem? Fire them. Honestly, they're wasting your money. You're doing very well with what you're doing. A BS cleanse will do nothing other than make you poop and lose some fake "water weight".
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options

Shut The Front Door? Certainly. Wouldn't want to let the meanies in who curse at me :drinker:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I have missed so much :p
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an amazing idea...NOT
  • simpson1028
    simpson1028 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you take statin drugs to lower your cholesterol, do not consume grapefruit, as it contains a substance that increases absorption of those drugs.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/519710-grapefruit-pectin-to-lower-cholesterol/#ixzz1yCYbmHzQ
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an amazing idea...NOT
    seconded
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Old thread is old.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options