How often does everyone weigh themselves?

Options
123457»

Replies

• HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    About once a month. I will obsess over the numbers otherwise. This way, I can just focus on sticking to the plan.
  • Littlemissjackie1
    Littlemissjackie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh my self everyday, but quickly lost motivation since nothing changed. Now I weigh myself every sunday morning. It keeps me motivated all week and I actually anticipate checking in.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Too often! I always weigh after I wake up, if I see the scale, I get on it, bad idea for me. I'm wanting to go to once a week, so I read to put the scale away, out of sight, until its time for a weigh in. I'm going to do that as soon as we get home tonight. I'm also trying to get into the mentality that numbers on a scale dont matter, its how you feel and if your clothes are showing signs that you're losing weight...well, they are, but I still feel the need to jump on that scale!
  • mandy031383
    mandy031383 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but I also know it fluctuates with water weight etc. So I don't let it freak me out or anything it's just a habit I have gotten into. I only weigh IN once a week though on Wed. and take my mesurements and body fat% every other week.
  • sunshine29225
    sunshine29225 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning (first thing) but only record my weight on Mondays.

I just started taking my measurements again as well but will only re-measure once a month.
  • megiesmom
    megiesmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself once a day, at the same time of the day wearing roughly the same type of clothing. I did weight watchers many years ago and was very successful in doing so.
  • vbrian714
    vbrian714 Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday as well. It keeps me on top of things and helps me understand my body and fluctuations in weight due to what I eat. This way when I see it's up a little bit, I know its because of the extra bit of salt the day before and I don't feel bad. On the other hand I rarely weigh myself during that time of the month, I'm always more then anyway :)
  • fatcitizen
    fatcitizen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily to keep me on track, however, I only take it to heart and "officially" count it once a week.
    me too....I track my food and exercise here, and my weight (daily) on a spreadsheet with notes about what I ate...that way I can see what affects my weight.... but I only post once a week (Thursdays)
  • jmmoore1324
    jmmoore1324 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi , My name is Jamie and I am addicted to weighing myself........ I weigh myself everyday, in the morning when I wake up, and sometimes a couple times through out the day (after a good workout). I really should get in the habit of doing it once a week. I get discouraged with the 1-3lb fluctuations but it is like an addiction. I am addicted to the progress. I want to see that number keep going down and when it doesn't I get mad. I am going to try to limit myself to at least one time a day. Then I will try to wean down to one time a week. I look at it as a rehab for constant weighers.
  • Carrmaduke
    Carrmaduke Posts: 42
    Options
    2-3 times per day! When I wake up, before I go to bed and then sometimes when I get home from work. I'm addicted to the scale. I'm mean to it when it's mean to me...lol
  • tabs20
    tabs20 Posts: 2
    Options
    First thing in the morning - straight after going to the toilet - every Wednesday (once a week!)...seems to work wonders...oh and maybe thats the extra movement and eating right that's doing it too!! LOL!
  • cjroberts08
    Options
    I do almost everyday, but since I know that it fluctuates I only worry about what it says every Sunday. So once a week! :)
  • aubreykkkk
    aubreykkkk Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Once every two weeks. I'm very young and live with my parents who are divorced. Only my Dad has a scale at his house. My parents don't know I'm dieting so I have to wait until I go to my Dad's house every other weekend. :(
  • RichardCMolloy
    RichardCMolloy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Monday mornings is when I "official" weigh myself. THis is the weight that I log here. I usually try to weigh myself on Friday too, the weekends are when I usually eat too much so I like to pat myself on the back if I don't gain any weight between Friday night & monday morning.
  • Weight_less
    Weight_less Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in every morning. But I've hit the plateau and started to weigh in once a week. My weight doesn't change... :(
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    I heard that everyone weighs themselves every day, no more, no less. And if any person tells you otherwise, they are lying.

Yeah right.... I Do only weigh in once a week because I hate the scale. The number can make or break my mood. I can't handle those emotions every day.
  • gorewhore13
    gorewhore13 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Every single morning. If I don't I feel like I may lose motivation, plus it's always nice to wake up and see I've lost weight. I say do whatever you feel is right for you, weighing yourself doesn't do any harm so have at.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself whenever I feel like it, which could be once a fortnight, once a week, or twice a week; I record whenever it's gone down significantly (i.e. by a pound or so) :tongue:
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    I used to everyday but got so mad at the scale cause it was always going up or down a pound or so and I know that is normal so instead I now weigh myself once a month maybe twice a month but no more then that cause sometimes you will see a change in yourself like your clothes fitting better. just because the scale goes up doesn't mean you gained fat it may just be muscle.
  • Fathima0712
    Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I prefer to weight myself every morning on an empty stomach at around 6 in the morning right before my cardio!!!

The daily weighing helps keep me on track!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!