How many calories do you eat a day

Options

Replies

• capperboy
    capperboy Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    In maintenance mode 2400 calories per day.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    i just dont get hungry, ppl stop complaining about me, i want to know about all of you!

my feelings are getting seriously hurt. i am not a troll.

does anybody know how i can close my thread?
    i beleave you have to report to a mod that you opened it and would like it closed
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    i just dont get hungry, ppl stop complaining about me, i want to know about all of you!

A 5', 19yo female that weighs 100 lbs has a Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) including total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) of 1539.24 calories per day. You need to be eating at least 1200 calories, and instead of trying to be underwieght in the anorexic category, try working out doing crunches and lifting weights. Please get help

BTW...we are not complaining about you...we are CONCERNED
  • gwengogreen1
    gwengogreen1 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

i beleave you have to report to a mod that you opened it and would like it closed

thank you! :)
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Girl, 600 is too low on any day :)

Don't let your feelings get hurt, some people are trying to help, other people are just being mean so there's no need for hurt feelings <3 I used to aim for less than 1000, usually around 500-750. Lasted ages on it as well, and Lord, it did me no good whatsoever. Trying to get over it, but it's hard. Maybe it would be good for you to learn a bit more about getting healthy rather than getting thin, and besides, my friend has a BMI of 22.5 and she's got the flattest stomach. Honestly, it would do you more good to up your calories AND you'd be more successful if you want to lose a few more pounds so it's a win win :)
  • sarahbear119
    sarahbear119 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200-2000 calories.
    Sometimes I am hungry and other days, I am not.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    What exactly was the point of this post?
  • gwengogreen1
    Options
    @ o_delaisse

your very nice... i think im going to add you.
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I started trying to zig zag my calories. So it ranges from 1200 - 1800.
  • gwengogreen1
    Options

to find out how many calories my fellow mfp members eat a day, and how it works for them :D
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    600? how are you still alive. i see nothing "woop woop" about that. EAT MORE :)

sorry, tough love. but you need it.

now to answer the question...1700-2000

What she said... I eat 1950 gross every day. I don't worry about what I burn as long as I eat over BMR.
  • gwengogreen1
    Options
    I started trying to zig zag my calories. So it ranges from 1200 - 1800.

omg do that too!

some days, 600, most days 1400, and once in a while 2000 O____o

EDIT* I do that too, LOLOL
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Don't worry about closing it. If past history is any indication, this thread will quickly spiral out of control, be locked by a mod, and then deleted as if nothing ever happened...and then someone else will post something very similar and the cycle begins like a bad Matrix-esque nightmare.
  • jmilian825
    jmilian825 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    1600 daily except sat where I eat 2000-2500
  • obeserat
    obeserat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    @ o_delaisse

your very nice... i think im going to add you.

Go for it :)

Also - "to find out how many calories my fellow mfp members eat a day, and how it works for them :D " - that's a positive step :)
  • dri22
    dri22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    can someone explain gross and net, i should know this... on my fitness pal i set my goal calories to 1200. after burning 1000 in exercise, and eating 664 calls, i get 1536 cals remaining to eat for the day.

on my fitbit program, it does not factor in my exercise burned, and says for the same info, i have 536 cals left to eat. big difference...

one program is adjusting my calorie intake to compensate for the exercise, and one is not...

do you guys eat the extra calories, or stick to your set goal calories for the day?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

to find out how many calories my fellow mfp members eat a day, and how it works for them :D

OK - so if it was out of a serious attempt to work out how much you should be eating, then hopefully you will undertand that most people eat a minimum of 1200 (which is what your diary is set up for currently and is a target to stay within a reasonable range of (up or down)) and many a lot more than that.

I eat 2,000 a day and lose about 1lb a week.

Note: I am not suggesting that the 1200 is actually enough either, as that depends on your individual metrics.
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options

thank you! :)

I honestly reported it earlier, and then just did so again...I had a feeling this was going to spiral way out of control...sorry
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    can someone explain gross and net, i should know this... on my fitness pal i set my goal calories to 1200. after burning 1000 in exercise, and eating 664 calls, i get 1536 cals remaining to eat for the day.

on my fitbit program, it does not factor in my exercise burned, and says for the same info, i have 536 cals left to eat. big difference...

one program is adjusting my calorie intake to compensate for the exercise, and one is not...

do you guys eat the extra calories, or stick to your set goal calories for the day?

Gross is the total amount you eat and net is the amount you eat less exercise calories. So in your case, assuming you eat all your exercise calories back, your net would be 1200. You will get completely varying opinions on whether to eat your calories back. You can do a search and find a trillion threads that have a lot of heated debate about the subject.
This discussion has been closed.