Scared to lose weight because of boob loss!

Options

Replies

• marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    thats a pretty bad excuse to stay out of shape...plus i'm sure you'd be more attracted to the healthier you, vs unhealthy but with larger boobs you. IJS.
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    get implants :tongue:
  • betinafrantz
    betinafrantz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've lost a lot with my weight loss and right now I am still not confortable with it :( but I think it should get better as I get used to it and buy new better fitting bras :D Anyway I dont regret because the difference I noticed in my boobs I've also noticed in my entire body, so I try to focus on that hahah
  • islandgirl1984
    islandgirl1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That's why they make implants! It's the best of both worlds!

Yep! lol. I lose weight in my upper body first and boobs were always the first to go. However, I much preferred being in shape. If it bothers you that much, work out for the smokin' hot bod and get some new boobies as a reward. I know this isn't popular opinion but whatever makes you happy...
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    completely agree
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Your breasts won’t actually get bigger, but what is actually happening when you perform the right chest exercises is that you would tone the muscle underneath the breast tissue, and this will cause your chest to ‘appear’ to be bigger. Therefore, it is impossible to actually increase breast size through weight training but what you’re able to do is to only create an ‘appearance’ of bigger breasts. Isn’t that good enough?

Off to do some pectoral exercises I go! :wink:

well. fair warning. I'm pretty sure I weight trained myself into a SMALLER cup. I'm a 36C now - I haven't been a 36 EVER before, and the last time I was a C I was 13. I was a little bummed -- BUT its actually AWESOME, I miss being a 34DD (le sigh) but I can RUN in a SPORTS BRA now. Just ONE of them even. I can wear just ONE sports bra tank to do all my exercises.

and the shape is a bit nicer, it looks a little perkier/firmer (because I think I stretched them out across some extra muscle). Soooo your size might still go down, but does it matter what the tag on your bra says as long as you LOOK awesome? (There is only one right answer here).
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Don't lose weight then? I know what you mean. It sucks to lose the boobs (if you do, that is) but it's SO much better to be healthier and in shape.

I guess what's more important to you - the boobs and body you have now? Or the body and boobs you could potentially have after getting more healthy?
  • merisendabills
    Options
    You could do some strength training to build up your pectoral muscles. I figure that if I lose weight around my waist and such, even if my boobs get smaller, they will look big in comparison. But as others have said, it really varies by person!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I want to lose my boobs. I would like to be a B cup again of that can even happen
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I need to lose weight and get healthy too...I don't want to lose my boobs or butt! I love them both and so does my husband LOL
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping for boob loss on me. lol
    Hope this helps...

http://www.dailymuscle.com/2006/04/10/will-exercise-make-my-breasts-smaller/

Will Exercise Make My Breasts Smaller?
    by NOEL CHELLIAH on MONDAY, APR 10, 2006

The answer is quite simply – NO. Developing your pectorals(chest muscles) won’t make your breasts smaller. Many of you would have heard this tale countless number of times, but let me tell you now that this is yet another myth about women’s weight training/female bodybuilding that just does not seem to go away!

Yes, strength training has an overall toning effect, however – if you’re dieting and you lose a significant amount of body fat, THEN you will reduce breast size (but of course, this decrease will also be proportionate to the fat loss from your entire body). So if you lose weight and end up with smaller breasts.. its because thats how you truly were meant to look like.. and there’s nothing wrong with that. So blame the shrinkage on your diet/weightloss routine, don’t blame the exercise.

Muscle and fat are very different types of tissue and we cannot turn one into the other, and women’s breasts are mostly fatty tissue. Your breasts won’t actually get bigger, but what is actually happening when you perform the right chest exercises is that you would tone the muscle underneath the breast tissue, and this will cause your chest to ‘appear’ to be bigger. Therefore, it is impossible to actually increase breast size through weight training but what you’re able to do is to only create an ‘appearance’ of bigger breasts. Isn’t that good enough?

Truth is, if you go below 12% body fat (which you shouldnt be unless you’re a competing female bodybuilder, etc), your breast size WILL decrease.. so don’t be surprised when that happens. If it’s still bigger breasts you want.. then one solution for you is to either gain fat or get breast implants.

Thanks for the info! I'm desperate to get rid of my boobs so this pretty much told me what not to do, lol. I'm currently an F but I'd love to be a C. I'd even take a D to be honest. It never comes off my boobs....sigh....
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    IF you're so pent on looks and the fact you boobs MAY decrease...the dont lose weight. Keep the exterior vanity alive!
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I guess what's more important to you - the boobs and body you have now? Or the body and boobs you could potentially have after getting more healthy?

Yeah, I would love to keep my boobs and butt.....but I hate the rest of my body right now, it's just not me and I'd rather be healthy again!! That's why they make sexy bras and things to push those babies up if we lose them LOL
  • Nice
    Nice Posts: 84
    Options
    I am 5''5 128 and have dd's..i will not lose any weight if it means losing my boobs... :) haha
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You know, I used to feel this way, and used it as an excuse to never get fit. But here's how I feel now: Feeling my best and treating my body well are more important than tits.

Alsoplus: you can buy new tits. if you die of being unhealthy, you're frucked.
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    <--mosquito bites over here.

why is having big boobs so important? they seem like they would get in the way a lot.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    First place I lose is always the girls. Lost like 2 cup sizes and I'm still pissed about it lol Now my girls are smaller but everywhere else is still the same size but looks bigger in proportion to my smaller ladies. Sooooo not fair lol
    I hope they're done shrinking 'cause if they get smaller I don't know what I'll do. I've always had big knockers and horrible as it sounds I wouldn't feel like me without them :(
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I definitely lost mine!
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am a C too and have about the same amount lose and honestly I can't wait to have mine shrink. I hope I end up as a B.
  • monette13
    monette13 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I hope to lose weight in my boobs. I am currently a DD and I HATE them. I used to be a full C, small D cup before my baby, but heck I had her 2 years ago and stopped breast feeding when she was 1 1/2. They still haven't gone down.
    I want them smaller and when I do get to my goal weight, I want to get a lift and possible tummy tuck (if needed).