I seem like the only chick...

Options
nas24
nas24 Posts: 880 Member
That doesn't have the main goal, to rock a 2 piece bikini. Everywhere I go all I hear is "I can't wait to get to my goal weight, so i can be bikini ready". Guess my main goal is more focused on health (looks are good too). Even when I get to my goal weight , after having my daughter, I look like I got attacked by a cougar. But I've accepted it, and I don't want anyone having to see all of that. Now, this isn't to say that if you have stretch marks (ladies) that you can't pull a 2 piece off. If you can and want to, more power to ya. Hell, that just shows you have more confidence than I do. But I think i've just accepted that I'm a mother, my body has its flaws and I'm no spring chicken any more, so time for me to chill in my mama one piece. Any other ladies out there feel the same??

Replies

• RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the bikini look any ways. Even when I meet my goal I have other swimsuit passions and besides I'm in Alaska. Only thing I need is something fur covered ;)
  • Beleren
    Beleren Posts: 142
    Options
    Bikini-ready might just mean they could if they wanted to. :) I think it's more of an expression than literal. You have to think, a lot of these people, myself included, have never even been close to wearing a two piece, so even considering wearing one would be an accomplishment to people.
  • HealthFreak1967
    HealthFreak1967 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    ew i'd never be caught dead in a bikini, even if I was skeletal thin.
  • NewTeena
    NewTeena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have no desire to "rock a bikini", my goal is to improve my health because the way I was going I was going to end up with weight related issues.

Be proud of your stripes, I'm proud of mine!
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Bikini-ready is definitely not a priority for me. And, if I wanted to wear one now, someone who has a problem with it can kindly look the other way and keep their mouth shut.

I want to be healthy. I'm 28 and have had a heart attack. It's not about looks, it's about survival.
  • denisebme
    denisebme Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yeah, not interested in a bikini either. Twins at 27 sort of made that whole notion history for me. They are 26 now.. These days its all about getting healthy for me, feeling better, looking better, and breathing easier.
    It's also about stamina, being able to do what I want to do, when I want to do it.,
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    Have you taken a look at Victoria's Secret one piece suits??
    This one is absolutely adorable!

http://www.victoriassecret.com/swimwear/extra-coverage-bottoms-and-one-pieces/retro-one-piece-carmen-marc-valvo?ProductID=4534&CatalogueType=OLS

A plus size friend of mine bought a similar one and she looked so flattering in it & better than much thinner women in 2 piece suits imo.
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    Bikini-ready might just mean they could if they wanted to. :) I think it's more of an expression than literal. You have to think, a lot of these people, myself included, have never even been close to wearing a two piece, so even considering wearing one would be an accomplishment to people.

I agree with this. I did post a pic on the "fat women in bikinis" thread, but I really don't think there will ever come a time that I'm so confident I could wear one out of the house. I mean, never say never,but that isn't my goal necessarily.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'd like to look good in a bikini, but I mostly want to get down to a size I feel confident, regardless of what the scale says. I guesstimate that to be in the 145-150 range. I want to be healthy and I'd love to be a runner.
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I think it is about confidence. I never wore one in public. Now though I'm not at my goal, I bought 2 :) I have a scar from gall bladder surgery and an appendectomy. When I was younger I was very self-conscious.
  • serentity78
    serentity78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    ha ha thats not my main goal either....mostly my health and being able to enjoy buying clothes I just hate buying clothes so FAT! I have 3 and one gave me stretch marks high another one low and well the last none as the other two had the job covered! LOL BUT even in my skinny days I was kinda modest so never wore alot of 2 pieces.... I just want to look and feel better....
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options

http://www.victoriassecret.com/swimwear/extra-coverage-bottoms-and-one-pieces/retro-one-piece-carmen-marc-valvo?ProductID=4534&CatalogueType=OLS

A plus size friend of mine bought a similar one and she looked so flattering in it & better than much thinner women in 2 piece suits imo.

Love this!! There are lots of cute one pieces out there. I currently have a vintage style one piece that the husband LOVES
  • Kori18
    Kori18 Posts: 48
    Options
    Where I live bikini season is about 3 months out of the 12 so I'm in it for the all year around ready.
  • Beleren
    Options
    I agree with this. I did post a pic on the "fat women in bikinis" thread, but I really don't think there will ever come a time that I'm so confident I could wear one out of the house. I mean, never say never,but that isn't my goal necessarily.

Yeah, I've tried them on out of curiosity, but I'm so shy. I don't think I'd wear one in public. I think being overweight pretty much my whole life has made me a little modest when it comes to showing my body.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

omg that is amazingly adorable!
  • Beleren
    Options
    Where I live bikini season is about 3 months out of the 12 so I'm in it for the all year around ready.

You rock it! :)
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    One pieces aren't comfortable for me. So hell yeah I'm going to rock that bikini I got ;)

:P
  • jackiebebby
    jackiebebby Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Youre not the only chick who is focused on the health aspect... Heart disease runs in my family and I don't want to get my first heart attack at the age of 35. The looks are extra motivation, but I still rock my bikini at about 30 pounds overweight, so I can't say I have let my weight impact anything I want to do, or wear, in life. As for a cougar attacking you- you are lucky that animal prints are in this year! :o) Just be happy and healthy with yourself, do what you want this lifetime because we only get one shot at this life. <3
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Not my goal, either.
  • Pink_Tina
    Pink_Tina Posts: 164
    Options
    I look like I got attacked by a cougar.

Sorry, that totally made me laugh. :laugh:

Anyway, I don't want to fit into a bikini either. After 4 months and hopefully a 25 pound loss, I'm hoping to fit into this tankini when I go on vacation to Myrtle Beach in October. This will be a big step for me since I haven't been to the beach in years. :)

bikini.jpg