The hassle of drinking plain water

Options
I am not a fan of drinking water. It gets boring and bland, and 8 cups a day is a lot. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good tasting low calorie drink mixes. I already use the Wyler's Light Pink Lemonade mix and I love it, but I want to mix it up so that I don't get bored with that too. If anyone knows of any other drink mixes that aren't bad can you let me know.

Replies

• bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You can also get your water from food. Start eating more soups or water based vegetables and fruit (tomato, cucumber, melons...)

8 8oz glasses is a myth. As long as your pee is light or clear and you aren't thirsty, you don't need to drink more.
  • julieh1973
    julieh1973 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I love the lemonade flavored vitamin water.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Do you like tea?
  • cdip11287
    cdip11287 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you! And I'll have to try the lemonade flavored vitamin water.
  • cdip11287
    Options
    Yeah I like tea especially green tea.
  • jackiebebby
    jackiebebby Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    put some lime in the water and if you need it sweeter add sugar or splenda. Also- Crystal light is low in calories and they have the to go packs that you can mix in water on the go!
  • lexishea
    lexishea Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Man, I'm with you-I HATE choking down plain water!!! :laugh: I've tried lots of different brands, and I love the Hawaiian Punch line-(ironically, I don't like the "punch" flavor), but they have LOTS of different ones to choose from!!! :smile: They are affordable, and helps TREMENDOUSLY on getting my water in!!!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Tea will help with your water intake and wont be an additional calories provided you dont add sugar/cream to it
  • cdip11287
    Options
    I've seen the Hawaiian punch flavors around. Always wondered if they tasted decent. Good to know though. I am going to try all the alternatives and see which works best for me. Thank you : )
  • dhiannon
    dhiannon Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I always put a slice of lemon or lime in the water, sounds basic but makes a huge difference.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I use Crystal lite and Great Value Drink mixes both are sugar free
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Just drink the water. In terms of burning fat and getting in shape, it's one of the easier things you will have to do. Suck it up buttercup.
  • kris10lv84
    kris10lv84 Posts: 51
    Options
    the crystal light ones are really good i like strawberry banana and strawberry kiwi...and mio energy black cherry soooo good you have to try it
  • Ri024
    Ri024 Posts: 24
    Options
    Options without adding powders/mixes (only because I have not tried any of those types of mixes):

1. squeeze in some fresh lemon, lime, or orange juice for a bit of flavour

2. make cucumber water by slicing up some cucumber and putting it in a jug of water and ice in the fridge
  • toxicat
    toxicat Posts: 79
    Options
    Buy all natural juices (no added sugars) and add it to a big glass or bottle of water. It might take some experimenting to find something you especially like.

You can also have several large water bottles that are easy to drink from and carry around, and squeeze limes or lemons in them. Store them in the fridge so they're easy to grab and go.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I flavour my water (which I drink hot) with Lemon and ginger tea bags. Have a cup that hold 24 oz so I drink at least two of these and soup to make my my 8 cups.
  • LisaRD1217
    Options
    I hate city water, gotta be well water, I love my water but its gotta be cold. I use to hate water but since I dont drink soda or caffeine anymore i love my water. water is what flushes your system out and gets rid of extra sodium in your body. sodium makes u gain and sometimes bloat. potassium is good to take if you have a lot of sodium in your diet. other ways of flushing out is cranberry juice tood.
  • LeeshaNichole
    LeeshaNichole Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Mio Flavors? They are pretty good, just add a couple drops to water. They even have some with caffeine if you need a pick me up. Hope that helps! :-)
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I don't recommend any sugar free drink mixes. they are LOADED with chemicals. seriously, why would you want to put that crap in your body?

I use the crystal light pure mixed berry, which unlike most crystal light mixes, does not have aspertame (or sucralose). It has a bit of sugar, and 15 calories per serving. Each pack makes 2 servings. The mixed berry is really good.
  • fluffeesquirrel
    fluffeesquirrel Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was kind of like that before so I started off using Crystal Light, but I found I just acclimated to plain water after a while. I weaned myself off of diet soda with the Crystal Light and then transitioned into regular water. I would recommend the Crystal Light made with stevia and regular sugar; since they don't have the artificial sweetener they taste a little more refreshing... to me at least.