Advice please...guys point of view as well

Options

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Tell him you can provide references that vouch for how good it is :laugh:

If sex has to be discussed rather than happen naturally when you're both ready, I can't help feeling there's an irrevocable discrepancy between what you each want.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    He just wants to "hit it and quit it"!
    Pat him on the head and send him peddling down the road.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I think you took it way more offensively than he meant it, but I didn't hear the whole conversation and I wasn't there, so that's really just speculation on my part. In my opinion, if all a guy wants is sex, he won't waste two dates getting to know you - he'll sign up for an account on a ****buddy site and get what he's after. If a guy said that to me, I'd assume he was definitely interested and understand that it's a legitimate concern when commitment is on someone's mind - and honestly, I'd appreciate (and maybe even be a little turned on by) the balls it takes to communicate that sort of need so openly after only two dates of acquaintance.

That said, I probably wouldn't be like "ok well come over right now and get a bj". It's gotta happen when it happens, without being forced, or it won't be good sex period.

Since your reaction to his bluntness was so unfavorable, I'd assume you guys would be incompatible in the longterm, so it's probably best to move on.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    You can do better than this guy; he just revealed his true colors to you. 2 dates and he wants a little action... Yeah... run, run, run... as fast as you can...
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    He is being a jerk. Do not waste anymore time with him. Nicely put BerryH! :laugh:
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    He's being a jerk. Not only does it sound like sex is the only thing he wants from the relationship, it sounds like he is saying if the sex isn't good the first time he's not willing to work at making it good.

Good sex, like a good relationship, is give and take and sometimes takes a little time to know your partner's preferences.

I so agree with this!! Well said!

I agree too.

this
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    the fact your asking for advice says you already have your answer
  • cllovesdw4eva
    Options
    If the man leads the dance, then its up to him more than anything to get the best out of his dance partner. Sex is a dance........
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Screw em.

Not literally....ditch him might have been better verbiage :laugh:
  • moopity
    moopity Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It does sound like he is pressuring you -- and this would be totally unacceptable to me. Sex is such a personal experience, everyone's timing is different, and for him to be pressuring you on something so personal, well, this does not bode well for your future with him. He doesn't sound like he has empathy or the capacity for understanding you and what you need. Sounds like it's all about him and his needs, and if that is so and if you end up with him, I would not be surprised if he was like this in other really important areas, as well as trivial ones. In my opinion, the dude needs to grow up! And I hope you stand up for what you want and not let yourself be swayed by this jerk's needs. Sounds like he's very young and immature and that he's having a quiet temper tantrum -- "do what i want or your history!" Please! That is not the way to make friends or influence people. Stay strong sister!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised there's even a question here.
  • pseusie
    pseusie Posts: 16
    Options
    I think this is probably more of a sign that you two aren't compatible than that he's necessarily a jerk. I know a good number of women who have the exact same attitude toward sex, so if he'd brought this point up in conversation with one of them, it would have been fine. (I know one woman who believes that you can't know if you're in love until you've had sex with the person, which runs totally counter to most ideas about love and sex but works for her.)

Now, would I want to date this guy? No. That's not how I feel about sex or how important sex is in a relationship. But I don't want to fault him without knowing more, or based on MY feelings on this issue.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    tigerpalm.jpg
    tigerpalm2.png
  • uxbridgeheli
    Options
    What a total and utter kn0b head!!
    Get out now!!!
    You've had a huge warning signal, take note and move on.
    Seriously - a guy who says that is not worth anymore of your time!
    Good luck - H x
  • je551caDan13ls
    Options
    If the man leads the dance, then its up to him more than anything to get the best out of his dance partner. Sex is a dance........

Sex is a dance, just not the whole evening out. When a woman wants sex...this would be a great way to get it, but it sounds as if the OP is looking for something more. On the other hand instead of asking us for our opinions, she should have asked him if "sex" is the only thing he is wanting and if so..give him the boot. If not she needed to tell him that she felt a little....well disconcerted and didn't like the way he went about it. If he was still adamant about the whole.."lets get it on" thing...Its up to her to make a decision that she can stay or walk away with , with dignity.
  • gec1266
    gec1266 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That's an easy one. Of course anyone who is getting into a relationship would love to know if the sex is good. However,If he really wanted to be in the relationship,he would know that going for the sex in the beginning smacks of being an *kitten* who is only concerned about getting his appetitte satisfied. If that's his angle,which it sounds like to me, it's time for you to fish or cut bait. Either that's your vibe or not. It sounds like you are a woman who is ready for a real relationship and not one based just on the physical. Thinking there are many other men out here who have the same mindset as you...take a look around and let this guy roam elsewhere......
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options

Sex is a dance, just not the whole evening out. When a woman wants sex...this would be a great way to get it, but it sounds as if the OP is looking for something more. On the other hand instead of asking us for our opinions, she should have asked him if "sex" is the only thing he is wanting and if so..give him the boot. If not she needed to tell him that she felt a little....well disconcerted and didn't like the way he went about it. If he was still adamant about the whole.."lets get it on" thing...Its up to her to make a decision that she can stay or walk away with , with dignity.

To answer your question...here is exactly what he said to me when I asked him exactly what he was saying : "SEX first and then maybe a relationship" I said to him "RELATIONSHIP first and then sex comes naturally..."
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Drop the @$$ puppet. If the sex is good on top of the relationship, bonus.
  • vklebanova
    vklebanova Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    He could also get into a relationship with you, have sex with you, and then leave you the next day. Nothing "binds" him to a relationship either.

Kudos to him for being upfront...
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options

To answer your question...here is exactly what he said to me when I asked him exactly what he was saying : "SEX first and then maybe a relationship" I said to him "RELATIONSHIP first and then sex comes naturally..."
    I am really not liking this guy. Not talking about you, but let's say the sex was bad.
    I am a great teacher!
    Point is a real man can make it good if he's loving enough to think of the act as more than a smiling boner.
    His whole method of breaching the subject is just awkward as can be.:grumble: