Any 1,200 cals/day willing to show me their food diary?

Replies

• Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    feel free to look at mine. My cals are set at 1350 but I always eat less than that
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    My diary is open but I eat like 1800-2000 per day. So I'm useless.
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Look at my diary......:)
  • You are welcome to look at mine, although I took a slight break.. lol. I just started back yesterday.
  • leelafit_mtl
    leelafit_mtl Posts: 132 Member
    you can see mine!
  • vltaylor35
    vltaylor35 Posts: 72
    mines open
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member

No way - you're smart!!! Love it! You'll ultimately have better, longer-lasting results this way :-)
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member

but its not open.. so...
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    You're more than welcome to look at mine, my logging's been really terrible the last few days though, so you might want to go back to last week.

Also, eating 1200 cals a day does not mean I'm eating very little. It means the things I am eating are better for me than the ones I was eating before. There's a HUGE difference in the amount you consume in 200 calories of lettuce or 200 calories of donut. Just sayin.
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    feel free to look,
  • PokerChris
    PokerChris Posts: 120 Member
    You can look at mine, but you'll have to go back to the beginning (early January-early April) when I was at 1200. I reached my goal and have been maintaining since Easter. The first couple of days were hard, but staying around 1200 (sometimes went over) was not as bad as I thought it would be. I ate more salads than I usually do and measured my food religiously. I guess I can just say it worked for me!
  • Yay, looks like I have plenty of diaries I can look at now for food ideas! Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    mines free to see but i dont tend to eat all my calls.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Ohhh, love the cattiness here. She didnt ask if she should be eating 1200 a day she just asked to view others. If she wanted advise she would have asked.
  • You can look at mine. If its not open, add me and its there.
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member

No way - you're smart!!! Love it! You'll ultimately have better, longer-lasting results this way :-)

Maintainance for me is just under 2300/day, so really, it's a question of each individual person. If I were eating 2000 calories a say, I'd be losing about a quarter of a pound a week. Everyone is different.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Why do you guys eat so little?
    if this is a serious Q- its what MFP set us at based on our stats

Um... wow. Are you new to MFP? Set your own goals. 1200 is the bare minimum and MFP doesn't condone people eating below that. Because you're hurting your body. SMH

how much have you lost? OH i see :wink: good luck with that. i eat protein and veggies and 1200 calories works for me. we obviously dont have the same goals though. good luck
  • This is very interesting to me too - I feel the same way as KristinaMarie, I have wondered if MFP over estimates the calories from exercise. Would it be possible to see the diaries too? I am also a 1200/per day caloric intaker. I started MFP weighing 155 (even though when I joined MFP I weighed 147). Now down to 141 lbs and goal is to get to 130 lbs. But, alas these last 10 lbs seems to be tough. Perhaps my diet needs to be changed. Would any one of you be willing to share your diary with me too. Thank-you to KristinaMarie for posting this--I wondered but just did not ask.

Typical meals for me are:

B: english muffin with peanut butter / or english muffin with a hard boiled egg / coffee with skim milk / or "just right" cereal with 1% milk
    L: green salad with light dressing and a protein (ie. chicken or tuna) / or soup (ie. tomato) with fresh veggies like carrot sticks
    S: apple / or orange / or veggies with hummus (about 2 tbsp)
    D: grilled or pan fried no oil chicken or fish with steamed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc) or lean steak grilled with same veggies/ or steak or chicken wraps with veggies inside (ie. sprouts, lettuces ,shredded carrots, avocado, green peppers, etc)

My food is pretty much the same I feel like I probably wouldnt cheat so much if I had a better variety.

Any suggestions or tips would be much apreciated,

thank-you

Dana
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Mine is open, but you can add me too if you'd like.

Don't mind the nay-sayers, they think they know more than a dietitian.

I do eat out every so often, but obviously it's not hurting. ;)

I don't eat back my exercise calories (my dietitian told me not to).

I'm not starving either. :laugh:
  • saraya12
    saraya12 Posts: 13
    you can look at mine, though I'm not the healthiest eater