The real "cool kids"...

Options

Replies

• macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    You don't recall seeing not one person...so then ...you DO recall seeing one person? Double negative fail. :drinker: My point stands on it's own...people sure do get defensive up in here.

Thanks for the grammar lesson. You also typed "it's" when it should be its. Its own. Not it is own.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options

Yeah okay. I didn't catch the double negative. :grumble:

And reviewing your statement, apparently I didn't get the point either. I'm an idiot.
    Now, now...don't be hard on yourself, you're no idiot. :bigsmile:
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    :noway: WTH! Great post went downhill? :frown:
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    Options
    You don't recall seeing not one person...so then ...you DO recall seeing one person? Double negative fail. :drinker: My point stands on it's own...people sure do get defensive up in here.

Thanks for the grammar lesson. You also typed "it's" when it should be its. Its own. Not it is own.
    Thanks for being "that" person. Excellent.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

logo.gif
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

The more time I spend on MFP the more I learn that trying to feel good about yourself and what you've accomplished will only attract hate from those who think you're "showing off". They're not happy, so no one else should be. They call that "support".
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options

You brought "that person"-itis into the thread. Now its all contaminated. Yet another awesome thread ruined by people and their "yeah but"s and "I'm being flamed" when someone disagrees.

Suffice it to say, this thread stopped meeting the characteristics lined out in the OP and has ceased to be cool.
  • allysonb80
    allysonb80 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    To answer every one who responds to my feel ing put off by the boards... you are far from the truth. I'm sorry for feeling emapthetic to those people who get run over and beat up fro asking questions. But I feel fine about myself. I am secure in knowing I am working my *kitten* off. I work out. I could consider myself a "cool kid" by most of the standards listed above. Im not insucure. I feel like I am doing the right things by me. Can I do better. Sure. But I am not going to come here and risk asking for help. That is the point I am trying to make. Instead I will do my own research and talk and ask my own friends. Yes, I am sad about the message boards. Do I go home and cry about it? No. Does it affect me in any way. No, other than the fact that I just try to stay away from them. And that is sad (as in empathetic sad) that such a great place can be such a bad place. Glad you all have found what you need form here.
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    This is confusing reading...

It's really nice that one person wants to shout about the 'cool kids' and the good they do but at the age we all are should we really care if we are cool or not, particularly enough to cause arguments? I grew out of needing to group myself with others in order to feel accepted a long time ago.

Cool is perspective...what one person views as cool another will view as extremely uncool and therefore posting something like this is will always cause argument as all people having differing opinons.

I'm neither cool nor uncool I am just a happy little nomad who doesn't mind either way if she is accepted by a load of people from the internet... my weightloss is the priority.
  • taso42
    Options
    This is confusing reading...

It's really nice that one person wants to shout about the 'cool kids' and the good they do but at the age we all are should we really care if we are cool or not? I grew out of needing to group myself with others in order to feel accepted a long time ago.

Cool is perspective...what one person views as cool another will view as extremely uncool and therefore posting something like this is will always cause argument as all people having differing opinons.

Ho hum...

it's just that there's been this "cool kids" meme sort of going around lately. this thread is sort of meta. you'd have to be heavily invested in the forums here to get it, which would at the same time make you pretty uncool irl. this is a dilemma.
  • taso42
    Options
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I can't help but feel like anyone who's getting butt hurt about this thread had it hit a little close to home for them... Stop being sad and be awesome instead.

tumblr_l2mr4wv0Xf1qzg6mgo1_500.png

Barney FTW

I adore you for posting this.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    *****High 5*****
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    To answer every one who responds to my feel ing put off by the boards... you are far from the truth. I'm sorry for feeling emapthetic to those people who get run over and beat up fro asking questions. But I feel fine about myself. I am secure in knowing I am working my *kitten* off. I work out. I could consider myself a "cool kid" by most of the standards listed above. Im not insucure. I feel like I am doing the right things by me. Can I do better. Sure. But I am not going to come here and risk asking for help. That is the point I am trying to make. Instead I will do my own research and talk and ask my own friends. Yes, I am sad about the message boards. Do I go home and cry about it? No. Does it affect me in any way. No, other than the fact that I just try to stay away from them. And that is sad (as in empathetic sad) that such a great place can be such a bad place. Glad you all have found what you need form here.

Yes I have found what I need from here. Sorry you didn't. I guess Internet forums aren't for everyone. Good luck to you. I'm the meantime can the rest of us go back to celebrating the awesome people that have helped us along the way?
    Thanks!

I would also like to thank those that corrected my ignorance and bioscience when I first started. I would rather have my feeling hurt by the brutal truth than to have walked around with that extra 25 lbs I lost. Fortunately I don't actually have feelings so carry on.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

I'm going to work on this one with my eating: Have more "good days" than "bad days"

Thanks for the motivation!

Oh... and I LOVE the Max Headroom profile pic!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    <<<
    Someday, you'll be cool.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Wow people are really taking the "cool kids" term personally. Sounds like there is some baggage left from grade school.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Wow... just read some of the replies. Some people took this WAY more seriously than I did. Sigh... I'm going to go feel despondent about the fact that everyone has to get so ramped up and argue about everything now. JK :-)
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    Options

You brought "that person"-itis into the thread. Now its all contaminated. Yet another awesome thread ruined by people and their "yeah but"s and "I'm being flamed" when someone disagrees.

Suffice it to say, this thread stopped meeting the characteristics lined out in the OP and has ceased to be cool.
    Thank you for recognizing my efforts! :flowerforyou: I do own what I do.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    Options
    Wow... just read some of the replies. Some people took this WAY more seriously than I did. Sigh... I'm going to go feel despondent about the fact that everyone has to get so ramped up and argue about everything now. JK :-)
    HEY WE DON'T ARGUE ABOUT EVERYTHING, YOU ARE WRONG