How old were you when you had kids?

Options

Replies

• angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    30 and 34, but i feel like I'm aging 2 years to their 1 ever since.
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I was married at 19 and had my son when I was 22. At 27, I had my daughter. I had no problem having my kids in my 20's. I think I would've had more patience, if I'd waited til my 30's, though. Now, in my 50's, I have the patience of a saint and can handle the grandkids' temper tantrums without batting an eye.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I was 18 and dh was 21 when we had our first. She's almost 11 now and I certainly don't regret having her, but I'd be lying if I said being a teen mom was easy. I also was not nearly as mature as I thought I was. I was 22, 25, and 28 when we had the others. I don't think there's anything wrong at all with being in your early 20s and not feeling ready for kids.
  • emom3boys
    emom3boys Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I had my first when I was 25, my second at 28, and my last at 32. I'm glad that I have my precious boys, but life would have been easier if we had waited a bit after getting married before adding kids into the picture.
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    #1 22
    #2 28
    #3 31
    #4 33
    #5 34
    #6 35

And I'm 36 now. I think I started at a good age but I never thought I'd have this many kids.....the last 3 are all 1 yr apart from eachother and that's hard!!!

Wow...you are amazing! And you are here at MFP now...thinking about your own fitness and health..what a great example for your kids...CONGRATS!
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Had my first at 27, second at 28 and third and last at 30 (almost 31). I think it was a good age to have children, although if I had to do it again, I would space them out a bit more. It was a lot of work.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I had my son when I was almost 21 and my daughter at 24. I wouldn't change a thing.
    I basically did it all in reverse and got the "career" once the kids were old enough. I was a SAHM for 7-8yrs
    Im glad I had them young enough that my grand parent could be great grand parents, Im glad I had them young enough so my parents could become (energetic) Grandparents and do fun stuff with them. Im also glad I had them young so i could be more patient and energetic as well.
    Plus my kids having a young mom makes me a cool parent some how lol???:huh:
    (ill take it while i have it!!)
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    22 and 25
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    18 and 22
  • hpoowalker
    hpoowalker Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have six children, I was 21, 22, 23, 33, 34 and 35 when I had my children and to be honest, I enjoyed the ones in my 30's much more than I did when I was in my 20s... you are better prepared, more patient and more level-headed when it comes to stressful moments.
  • AgapeLove7
    AgapeLove7 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    16... normal in our culture
  • DrowningMermaid
    Options
    I felt the same way about still being a kid myself, so I waited until I was 21 before I even had sex for the first time. I tried having a baby with my first husband when I was 23 but it didn't work out (thankfully). Even though she wasn't planned, I was 25 when I had my daughter and I feel like it was the perfect age. I set the age limit to 30 to have another and I'm 32 now so we're done.
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have four children.... gave birth at 17, 24, 29, and 35. If you aren't ready, wait. It's hard when you're younger. More patience definitely in your 30s. At least for me it has been.
  • suegmune
    suegmune Posts: 81
    Options
    I was 31 when I had my first. Most of my friends had them when they were 16-18, or they do not have any yet (either don't want any, haven't found the right person, or have tried and cannot). Whenever it is "right". Kids are with you for life. Sometimes they come when you aren't ready, and others when you've been trying forever. There is never a right/wrong answer to this one.
  • poetgurl2005
    Options
    I'm twenty five now. I didn't plan on having children until I was 25. However because of some health issues I had them earlier. I was 21 with my first and 22 with my youngest. We want one or two more but I plan on being around 27 or 28 with my next.

24615602.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • junebugmoss
    junebugmoss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was 3 months shy of my 26th birthday when I had my daughter, wouldn't change a thing.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    engaged at 18, married at 22, first (and only!) child at 24.
  • soullightprisms
    Options
    I was 24 when I had my son and 26 when I had my daughter
  • nblais06
    nblais06 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    First-19
    Second-21
    Third-23
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and don't have any little polluters yet!

We are aiming for 34 as we want to travel more of the world first.