The real "cool kids"...

Options

Replies

• blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    This is confusing reading...

It's really nice that one person wants to shout about the 'cool kids' and the good they do but at the age we all are should we really care if we are cool or not? I grew out of needing to group myself with others in order to feel accepted a long time ago.

Cool is perspective...what one person views as cool another will view as extremely uncool and therefore posting something like this is will always cause argument as all people having differing opinons.

Ho hum...

it's just that there's been this "cool kids" meme sort of going around lately. this thread is sort of meta. you'd have to be heavily invested in the forums here to get it, which would at the same time make you pretty uncool irl. this is a dilemma.

Lol indeed!

The internet and forums are a psychologist's dream!!!
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Wow... just read some of the replies. Some people took this WAY more seriously than I did. Sigh... I'm going to go feel despondent about the fact that everyone has to get so ramped up and argue about everything now. JK :-)
    HEY WE DON'T ARGUE ABOUT EVERYTHING, YOU ARE WRONG

:laugh:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Wow... just read some of the replies. Some people took this WAY more seriously than I did. Sigh... I'm going to go feel despondent about the fact that everyone has to get so ramped up and argue about everything now. JK :-)

I recommend a big rant thread. Use all-caps in the title. Those always go splendidly. :bigsmile:
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    AMEN!!!! (note the extra exclamation points, too)
  • Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options
    I am cool in my "own" lil world. The voices talk to me and I talk back.
  • jen88ve
    jen88ve Posts: 153
    Options
    To answer every one who responds to my feel ing put off by the boards... you are far from the truth. I'm sorry for feeling emapthetic to those people who get run over and beat up fro asking questions. But I feel fine about myself. I am secure in knowing I am working my *kitten* off. I work out. I could consider myself a "cool kid" by most of the standards listed above. Im not insucure. I feel like I am doing the right things by me. Can I do better. Sure. But I am not going to come here and risk asking for help. That is the point I am trying to make. Instead I will do my own research and talk and ask my own friends. Yes, I am sad about the message boards. Do I go home and cry about it? No. Does it affect me in any way. No, other than the fact that I just try to stay away from them. And that is sad (as in empathetic sad) that such a great place can be such a bad place. Glad you all have found what you need form here.

The key pharse in this is "Does not affect me in any way" but yet you're still talking about it! If you don't like the threads, why are you posting on it! I personally saw this post nothing but positive and you had to turn it into a negative which is the exact same thing you were just complaining about people doing!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Have goals and always move towards them
    Make progress, not excuses
    Plan their lives around their training and nutrition
    Don't skip workouts
    Have more "good days" than "bad days"
    Take the "bad days" in stride without trying overcompensate for them
    Feel the glory when their friends make progress or break records
    Are not afraid to laugh at themselves
    Are not afraid to make corrections
    Tell it like it is
    Fight against misinformation
    Have answered your question at least 100 times before; yes you SHOULD have tried searching first
    Know they are not special snowflakes and neither are you

^Because I like to stay focused on the AWESOME.^

*Puts on Eye of the Tiger*
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I consider nutrition and training to be part of my responsibilities.

Not everyone has a family or children or others to take care of. Some of us just have ourselves and... well... consider fitness and nutrition to be part of taking care of ourselves. Just like laundry, bills and sleep.

I do consider fitness to be part of my daily routine of responsibilities. I just wanted to share my experience with taking it too far. When I was struggling with exercise bulimia, I truly believed that I was just being healthy, dedicated and focused on challenging myself. In reality, I was letting everything else fall by the wayside in my pursuit of being stronger, faster, leaner, lighter and fitter.

(P.S. I didn't have children or others to take care of then either - actually, nor do I now - unless we count my man-child of a husband) :tongue:

My post was not intended to criticize anyone for being a fitness fanatic. There is nothing wrong with being dedicated to your training, as long as it's not negatively impacting the rest of your life. I just wanted to share my experience with the darker side of being obsessed with fitness.

I didnt take it that way.
    Everyone else got to come in here and talk all about themselves.
    I wanted to, too.
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Excellent :glasses:
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    There are examples within this thread of people honestly and respectfully disagreeing with each other, without devolving into emotionally-charged mishmash. The examples aren't easy to find amidst the other noise, but they are there. Which means there is still hope for the Internets.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    :noway: WTH! Great post went downhill? :frown:

logo.gif

Bwahahaha, yep, that's about right!
  • BobbleHead365
    BobbleHead365 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Don't skip workouts
    Tell it like it is
    Have answered your question at least 100 times before; yes you SHOULD have tried searching first

COOL KID COOL KID WHO WANTS TO BE A COOL KID. MEEEEEEEEE (GRRREAT POST):wink:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

it's just that there's been this "cool kids" meme sort of going around lately. this thread is sort of meta. you'd have to be heavily invested in the forums here to get it, which would at the same time make you pretty uncool irl. this is a dilemma.

Ya7JQ.jpg
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Don't skip workouts
    Tell it like it is

Whats wrong with being a snowflake? :'(
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i'm too old to be kewl.. :sad: :brokenheart: :sad:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Ya7JQ.jpg

duty_calls.png
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    hear hear!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member