MrsDrake678 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump for recipes. Thanks!!
  • Kevinpcarey
    Options
    you lost 235 lbs :O Impossible to judge what your doing
  • Kevinpcarey
    Options
    its a great way to document how much your really eating. People who say hey I know I'm 300 lbs but I really don't eat that much lose track of what they consume in a day. BY photographing your food you can see how much your really eating or not. I am 245 lbs and I really thought I was'nt eating a lot but I did binge on the weekends. I took pics one Sunday and I was amazed after i seen the camera counter register 20 pictures.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    very cool post! :drinker:
  • BeSophisticate
    Options
    Love this thread! I used to take pics of my food but got out of the habit. I agree that it takes planning and, until you get into the habit of planning, it seems to take a WHOLE LOT of it. This kind of thread is especially awesome for beginners to see. It's so easy to become overwhelmed and quit before really getting started. Let's spread the meal ideas, I say! :wink:
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Here's another batch that will add up to a day or so with plenty of food and protein to make you full and satisfied!
    235 filling calories. (You can make a 100 calorie english muffin and your own egg sandwich for low cal yummy breakfast, too)
    The quick or the "Bobs Red Mill" steel cut oats; depending on if I have 5 min, or 30 min to cook
    DSC03777.jpg

Here's a different way to eat my chili, or use in a taco situation (500-650 calories)
    chili2.jpg

Try also to go to "community" and "search" and look for "won ton wrappers" or "egg roll" and you will find a ton of low calorie healthy recipes! I found this recipe that I modified for me to turned out really good!
    eggroll2.jpg
    eggroll.jpg
    Around 100 calories each, and 3 will leave you stuffed! They are as big as your hand, frozen burrito size!
    Meat - Poultry - Turkey Breast (chicken if you like)- Roasted No Skin, 6 oz , shread or dice
    Mann's - Broccoli Slaw, 5 oz
    La Choy - Lite Soy Sauce, 3 tbsp
    Freida's - Egg Roll Wrappers, 8 piece (watch them, they brown up quick)
    Spices - Garlic powder, 0.75 tsp
    Spices - Onion powder, 1 tsp
    Mccormick - Cilantro Leaves,
    Spices - Ginger, ground,
    Mccormick- - Perfect Pinch Roasted Garlic & Bell Pepper, 1/4 tsp
    Crisco Light Olive Oil - Olive Oil, 1 tbsp to stir fry very lightly all filling
    Lay an egg roll sheet onto lightly sprayed oil cookie sheet, put 1/8 of filling in center in rectangular pile, wrap ends, then sides to the middle and tuck over to the side of the pan, repeat until you have them all made up. Lightly spray them with oil if you like before baking
    bake 350 -375 in oven until lightly toasted. These reheat in the microwave and you can eat them for 3 days!
    DSC03778.jpg
    Here's a 300 calorie crepe + you get all the yogurt to eat for a filling fruit and protein-gasm. This crepe come in a 10pack and are 50 calories each. So you can go really as light as you want. I didn't happen to have the light whipped topping on hand. They fill up the whole plate! At least 12g protein, and most of the sugar comes from the fruit (which packs the fiber, so is fruit sugar with common sense is "clean" in my book). Skip the cool whip if you want! You don't need it!
  • jbjujitsu
    jbjujitsu Posts: 9
    Options
    All I can say is WOW!
  • WhitneyW78
    WhitneyW78 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    A few things...

1.) UM..... YUM!!!!

2.) They have quick steel cut oats!?!?!? I am going to have to search for these. All I have is the ones that take 30 minutes... or if I put them in the crockpot, 2 to 4 hours. I love steel cut oats so much more than regular oatmeal! I like a bit of chew to my oats!

3.) You're chili pictures are a making me crave chili!!

4.) I know you've mentioned those crepes before... I can't for the life of me find them, but they look DEE-VINE... hallelujah!

5.) I love those baked egg rolls! I've made them a couple times too! Very tastee!

I'll have to do another one next week!
  • Acliff510
    Acliff510 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try the egg rolls!!! :)
  • NatalieWinning
    Options

4.) I know you've mentioned those crepes before... I can't for the life of me find them, but they look DEE-VINE... hallelujah!

5.) I love those baked egg rolls! I've made them a couple times too! Very tastee!

I got the egg roll idea from you! You found them on MFP and made them vegetarian. My crepes were found right near the fresh fruit. Near strawberries. Sooooo good!!!! So cheap on the food diary! You won't miss cake at all! My friend Diana is going to post a food day here soon. She packs in some good food in unbelievable quantity for low calorie!
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! I think I'll try the egg rolls! Maybe I'll even post a day, too.
  • croberson8711
    Options
    Great topic, glad to see that! My mom has issues with having such a limited amount of calories, so I am going to show this to her so she can see that she can still eat plenty of food and stay within her range. Thanks so much for sharing!! :)
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    nice thread...this seems lots of food. I must have done something wrong...as I don't seem getting this much!
  • Drizap
    Drizap Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • katielangley
    katielangley Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Those chips are amazing... I love to make spinach dip and use those to dip it....YUM!!!
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    wow, that's a lot of food! I'm always amazed at the grand quantity of food I eat...well, that I put on my plate. Sometimes, it's just TOO much food!

I know it's so scary when you first start out losing weight it feels like you can't eat anything, but really there is a whole world of healthy food you can eat! You just have to branch out, and try new things.

I take pictures of almost every meal and put them on this blog...it REALLY is fun to keep track of your food this way, and it helps me if I get behind on my diary.

http://aldousmom.tumblr.com/
  • NatalieWinning
    Options
    wow, that's a lot of food! I'm always amazed at the grand quantity of food I eat...well, that I put on my plate. Sometimes, it's just TOO much food!

I know it's so scary when you first start out losing weight it feels like you can't eat anything, but really there is a whole world of healthy food you can eat! You just have to branch out, and try new things.

I take pictures of almost every meal and put them on this blog...it REALLY is fun to keep track of your food this way, and it helps me if I get behind on my diary.

http://aldousmom.tumblr.com/

Yum! Great looking food! The healthier it is, it seems like the more you can have. Lots of vegetables and fruit the food gets bigger with less calories, and I'm stuffed! Leave the packaged stuff on the shelf, don't drink your calories in juice, skip all the bread and bakery from the stores, stop eating out for the most part, and start thinking about cooking yourself. Food is pretty! Find a vegetable and look up how to cook it on google. If you pick up a packaged food, you probably get less food to eat that day. Rethink food!
  • Brittonloves
    Options
    This is a great thread! I've taken pictures of my food before, but I've never taken pictures of ALL my food the WHOLE day. I have found that I can eat SO MUCH when what I'm eating is healthy. But for me, it's about balance-- I try to squeeze in at least one dessert a day. I'm not perfect, but this is for life-- so why stress about it.

Also, I'm a newly converted super huge fan of tofu shirataki noodles. I don't think I'll ever go hungry again.
  • NatalieWinning
    Options
    Here's another great idea that looks like you can play with and make it even more flavorful: http://bethsjourney.com/mexican-egg-muffins/
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    bump!
    :love: