Tell me what you do with Black Beans

Options

Replies

• Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I basically make a burrito w/out the tortilla. Rice, black beans, chicken optional, cheese, lettuce, sour cream optional, hot sauce.
  • tizzie_14
    tizzie_14 Posts: 72
    Options
    2 cans, rinsed and drained
    juice of 1 lemon
    about a TBSP of olive oil
    1/2 each, green and red pepper cut up
    a half a bunch of scallions, chopped
    1 tomato, cut up
    1/2-1 cup of feta, crumbled

Mix, chill and enjoy!
  • jsukhan
    jsukhan Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aki7chien
    aki7chien Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I mix with brown rice and salsa and eat it with tortilla chips!

If you're daring enough, add a little cheese to the top ;-)
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I make my own version of a naked burrito....black beans, ground turkey, shredded lettuce, reduced fat sour cream, salsa...sometimes I will put in a small amt of brown rice
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Toss them with tomato, avocado, sea salt and cilantro. Maybe some chopped chilis as well.

Similar to ^^. I also like to make them into a breakfast burrito with tomatoes, a bit of avocado, salsa and eggs. If you're feeling fiesty, maybe a little whipped cream cheese and jalapenos. ;D
  • AmyMW7
    AmyMW7 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I mix black beans with salsa and a few spices, then i add them on a baked or grilled chicken breast the last 10 minutes of cooking.
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    can of black beans
    can of corn
    cup or cup and a half of salsa
    add franks hot sauce if you want more heat

Heat up on stove, makes a good side or like a filler for buritto or chicken taco salad. I make chicken enchiladas and put this in with meat, there is enough left over to have as a side. I love it :)
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    bump
  • greatday55
    Options
    I make turkey chili in crock pot; ground turkey, black beans, mexican style diced tomatoes, can diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, anaheim chile, onions, red sweet pepper...totally yummy and you have leftovers to freeze...:D
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    add with uncle bens whole wheat rice, organic corn, and boneless chicken. A couple dabs of hot sauce throw it in a flatout whole wheat wrap and got yourself a healthier version of a chipotle burrito. ANd its awesome
  • ChadWGreen
    ChadWGreen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I eat black beans or other beans daily. I :heart: beans LOL. I eat them with everything.
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Check out eatingwell.com - you can do a search for black beans and it will come up with different recipes that use black beans and then you can find what sounds good to you and what you are able to cook. Hope that helps!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Toss them with tomato, avocado, sea salt and cilantro. Maybe some chopped chilis as well.

^ forgot lime juice and corn if you want ... some red peppers also and you got a bean salad. ( corns optional )
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    1 can black beans, rinsed and drained, 2 cups cooked rice (i prefer brown) and 8 oz salsa. mix together and serve on a tortilla with optional sour cream and shredded cheese. also can add some corn. this is a favorite in our house!
  • RobinShay
    RobinShay Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I was going to make a "mexican strfry" but my little girl just ate them straight out of the can!!
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    I just made:
    1/2 cup black bean
    1/2 brown rice
    1/4 cup cheddar cheese
    Salsa
    Franks red hot

This will be tomorrows lunch. Heat it up in the work micro. Can't wait.