Tell me what you do with Black Beans

Options

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    protein shakes! I put white kidney beans or black beans in every protein shake I make!! every day. They blend in so well - you can't taste them - and they make the shake so much creamier! WIN!

Also, like to use them in veggie "stir frys" with zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms....

black bean brownies! YUM!!

also they're great on salads!
  • guineebrat
    guineebrat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i put them in my chili , salsa, mash them in dips
  • chandra38
    chandra38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    We eat black beans a few times a week around here. Tonight we had it in our Chicken Fajita Salad with roasted corn and salsa mixed together. My husband makes his Saturday breakfast with black beans smashed and sauteed with a little bit of bacon for flavor.
  • SpinDizzie
    Options
    I ate this tonight: 1 can of black beans, drained, rinsed
    1 can fire roasted tomatoes
    1 bag frozen roasted onions and peppers (Trader Joe's)
    Protein of your choice (it tastes good with anything, I used turkey sausage tonight)
    Season to taste with red chile powder, garlic, oregano.

Serves as many as 6. :)
  • Pfeiffer24
    Pfeiffer24 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Black bean burger.....alot of different recipies online
  • JenW1973
    JenW1973 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I used canned ones and I make spicy black bean soup or spicy black beans and tomatoes. YUM!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    1 can of black beans
    1 cup rice (measured uncooked but used after cooking)
    1 small tomato
    some cilantro
    1 shallot
    some corn
    1-2 tbsp lime/lemon juice

chop up the tomato and the shallot and mix all the ingredients up. Tada!1
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I crock pot cook them all night and all day with chopped onions and garlic with some season all.
    3 hours before dinner I drop in some Italian sausage and get some wild rice going.
    PERFECT!
  • nikkiw283
    nikkiw283 Posts: 90
    Options
    I LOOOOOVE black bean & avocado egg white omelets.
  • jesilee7692
    Options
    I make sure I rinse them REALLY good, then I add them to Spanish Rice! It is one of my favorite meals!
  • jesilee7692
    Options
    That sounds great! I will have to try that. How much cilantro?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    They're versatile. Use them in chili, salads, with rice, with pasta, with vegetables, as a dip, soup, etc.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Spit them out! LOL Naw I can eat some if they are buried in a casserole but not one of my favs.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I use them to make black bean tacos, black bean burgers, black bean salsa, soup, salad topping.....I love them
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Mix them in with brown rice, veggies and either diced up chicken or turkey.

Nom nom nom.

I am partial to red kidney beans though
  • idshields24
    Options
    http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Recipe/Turkey-Black-Bean-Soft-Tacos.aspx

Nutrients per serving (2 corn tortillas, 1/2 cup turkey, 1/4 cup beans, 3 tbsp salsa, 1/3 cup lettuce):Calories: 276, Total Fat: 2.5 g, Sat. Fat: 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5 g, Carbs: 37 g, Fiber: 7 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 28 g, Sodium: 343 mg, Cholesterol: 46 mg

This is what I do and they taste amazing. I also put them in omelets. Egg whites, tomatos, cilantro, red onion, black beans, mozzarella cheese then I top it with salsa.
  • DollShannon
    Options
    Check out this site:

http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/

SHE is a GENIUS when it comes to beans! Come to think of it...just about anything else too. She even has a whole tutorial on how to do your own in the crockpot - I was nervous at first too...but it saves money AND TONS of sodium.

(My favorite are the "Not-refried-Refried-Beans." Delicious.)

Good luck!
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    taco salad
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Awesome recipes! I use them in place of other beans in recipes as well as make the quick black bean soup recipe from realage.com