Bikini Babes

Options

Replies

• jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Can I join your group??

I'm in the Trim for TurkeyDay Group - and that has been SO motivating and helpful. I really want to wear a bikini next summer. This last summer, my husband and I went on a dream vacation in Italy and Southern France (beaches full of beautiful, thin French and Italian women). I didn't even buy a bathing suit before going - how sad is that??!! When we got there and I decided I really needed a bathing suit, I couldn't find one (in THREE countries) that fit!. So depressing. I don't want another summer to get away from me.

SW - 191
    CW - 157
    GW - 135

My Thanksgiving Day goal is 152 and I'd like to be under 150 by New Year's.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Hi jlbay! Welcome to Bikini Babes! :flowerforyou:
  • savvystephy
    Options
    I love that video I can tell a difference when I do it like I am supposed to....

I have always wondered how many caloroies you burn? Do you happen to know?

With my HRM I burned about 200 - 250 calories depending on if I was doing the basic moves or more advanced moves. It is about the same for every level.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I love that video I can tell a difference when I do it like I am supposed to....

I have always wondered how many caloroies you burn? Do you happen to know?

With my HRM I burned about 200 - 250 calories depending on if I was doing the basic moves or more advanced moves. It is about the same for every level.

That's what I burn with my HRM too. I used to burn about 300-350, but since I lost 40 pounds and had to change my stats, I can't pull those numbers anymore. But considering the trade, I'm not complaining!! :laugh:
  • nicole_a
    Options
    Hey guys! Are we shooting for 64 oz/day of water? I just wanted to make sure. I drank 2L (about 67 oz) yesterday and felt great! I also noticed that I sweated a lot more at the gym this morning, which always makes me feel like I am working hard. I'm now thinking the amount of sweat, in addition to the intensity of the workout, has something to do with how hydrated I am.

Breakfast at home this morning, sitting down! :)
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I'd also love to join you guys! June 2010 will be my 1 year anniversary of joining MFP, and I hope to be at my goal weight and be fit and healthy by then. And of course, ready to rock a bikini over the summer! :wink:

SW 182.4
    CW 145.2 (I've actually lost 3 lbs in the last 2-3 days because of the flu.. so I'll probably be gaining that back once I'm back eating normal foods on a regular schedule)
    GW 130 (or less)

I like the idea of the before/after pictures.. I'll get right on that!

YAY!!!! I'm wanting to join this group too and was wondering if any other JUNE STARTERS WOULD BE INTERESTED.... :) Glad to see you!!!!!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    HI! I'm Kandy and would LOVE to join Bikini Babes! :happy:
    I have discovered that MFP groups really help with accountability and motivation. Thanks for thinking of such a great motivation of being "bikini ready" by summer :smile:
    So, now I will have two groups to keep up with lol...but its awesome...twice the accountability and twice the motivation :wink:
    So, here's my stats:

33 yr old (today :happy: )
    SW 230
    CW 218
    GW 135 (ish)

I did eat breakfast this morning... as far as I can see...that is this weeks challenge...
    If I could make a suggestion... its easier to start a new thread... just always make it ATTN: BIKINI BABES (WEEK #) ... that way, it identifies it as our group :) and its not crazy trying to weed through weeks of posts on one thread... just a suggestion...it works well for my other group here on MFP :happy:
  • savvystephy
    Options
    I have discovered that MFP groups really help with accountability and motivation. Thanks for thinking of such a great motivation of being "bikini ready" by summer :smile:
    So, now I will have two groups to keep up with lol...but its awesome...twice the accountability and twice the motivation :wink:
    So, here's my stats:

SW 230
    CW 218
    GW 135 (ish)

I did eat breakfast this morning... as far as I can see...that is this weeks challenge...
    If I could make a suggestion... its easier to start a new thread... just always make it ATTN: BIKINI BABES (WEEK #) ... that way, it identifies it as our group :) and its not crazy trying to weed through weeks of posts on one thread... just a suggestion...it works well for my other group here on MFP :happy:

Welcome to Bikini Babes! :happy: Happy Birthday! :flowerforyou:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    So, here's my stats:

SW 230
    CW 218
    GW 135 (ish)

Welcome to Bikini Babes! :happy: Happy Birthday! :flowerforyou:

THanks, Stephy!! :heart:
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    So, here's my stats:

SW 230
    CW 218
    GW 135 (ish)

Welcome!!!! Thanks for joining us. I am going to start new threads, but they are going to be monthly. I know that it is kinda a pain to have to go thru the pages, but I have noticed in past groups that I have been part of, that the groups that start new threads every week seem to lose members along the way. I don't know why, but it seems to happen. (And I don't want to lose anybody!!!) So, in December we will have a new one. Thanks for the suggestion, tho.

Glad you could join us :) Oh, and HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!!! :flowerforyou:

I can't believe how many of you were talking about pizza in here last night!!! :laugh: I have been craving pizza for supper tonight, and I thought maybe if I came on here, I would craze it a little less. Guess that backfired :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Oh well..

I did have breakfast at home this morning - and sitting DOWN! As well, I did yesterday. I was a little low on my water intake yesterday tho, but I am going to make up for it today.

Hope everyone has a great day - you are all doing AWESOME!!!! :drinker:
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Good morning all!!! :flowerforyou:

I can't believe how many of you were talking about pizza in here last night!!! :laugh: I have been craving pizza for supper tonight, and I thought maybe if I came on here, I would craze it a little less. Guess that backfired :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Oh well..

I did have breakfast at home this morning - and sitting DOWN! As well, I did yesterday. I was a little low on my water intake yesterday tho, but I am going to make up for it today.

Hope everyone has a great day - you are all doing AWESOME!!!! :drinker:

Well how about this....
    the 4 pieces I ate were 1400 calories (according to someone on here) which is more than what I am supposed to eat in a whole day!!!

If only I had counted the calories BEFORE eating it.... now do you want pizza?
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Good job on breakfast, everyone!

I think my favorite thing about it is being able to chill out for a while every morning with my coffee before the craziness of my day begins. It's very relaxing for me!

Welcome to the new members! It's always great to have more people held accountable to.
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i know I love the pizza but when I ate it last week I should have had a greek salad instead of the 3 slices I had....

And last night I went over by 200 which makes me so mad I have been so good on my calories and then boom went over....
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Welcome aboard new comers:flowerforyou:
  • Hailey
    Hailey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I never did go over my calories when I had pizza! That was nice, lol

but I didnt get my breakfast in right away this morning! I had to go for an interview this morning and could not eat! I did eat when I got home though, around 11:15.

I'm still keeping on my water though!
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hailey: Hope you get the job....

And I got 101.4 oz of water in so far today. And after entering all my food for today I still have 197 calories left for the night.... Maybe I will enjoy a glass of wine tonight.:drinker:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    So, here's my stats:

SW 230
    CW 218
    GW 135 (ish)

Welcome!!!! Thanks for joining us. I am going to start new threads, but they are going to be monthly. I know that it is kinda a pain to have to go thru the pages, but I have noticed in past groups that I have been part of, that the groups that start new threads every week seem to lose members along the way. I don't know why, but it seems to happen. (And I don't want to lose anybody!!!) So, in December we will have a new one. Thanks for the suggestion, tho.

Glad you could join us :) Oh, and HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

THANKS!! :heart:
  • christieb143102
    christieb143102 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Doing great with the water. Added some lemon into a huge jug so I'm enjoying it more!
    I never, ever miss breakfast. I need that and a cup o' joe to survive!
    Tonight I had a half of D&D pumpkin donut. It was delish, I'm still under cals though!
    Goodnight.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I just have to tell you guys about this.. not too big of a deal, but it is relevant...:tongue: So, I've been reading all about the pizza thing, and I was realllllly craving some, especially since it's almost my TOM. Well, we went to eat at a pizza buffet, and it put me 650 calories over!:noway: BUT, I got myself back home and worked out for 80 minutes, and burned those off plus some, along with my regular workout today. All together I've burned about 1200 calories today!! (It took me about 2 1/2 hours...) I know it was bad eating that much over to begin with, but I feel very accomplished that I went back even though I'm tired and burned them off. So now I have a whopping 16 calories left. lol

I've also had well over 120 oz of water today, and I ate a pretty good breakfast this morning.:happy: