Anyone have a Fitbit?

Options

Replies

• TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit. I have had it since February & wear it all the time unless I am in the shower or @ the pool! !
  • flanary888
    flanary888 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I was just looking at that the other day and was tempted to buy it, but I am a total impulse buyer so I thought I better wait and look more into it. I am thinking that its something I should go ahead and buy :)
  • wisegirl_k
    wisegirl_k Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have both the Fitbit and the Fitbit Aria Scale. I love them both!!!!!! :heart:

I have the fitbit and love it, but is the scale reallllly worth the $130??
  • wisegirl_k
    wisegirl_k Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit. It has encouraged me to move more

I agree completely!!! When I look at it and my numbers are down I feel like a little drill sergeant pops out and says "MOVE IT! MOVE IT! MOVE IT!!!"
  • lastinger
    lastinger Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit, never leave home without it!! LOL!!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Got my FitBit about 2 weeks ago ... I love it :) Just bought the Aria scale yesterday... can't wait to set it all up :)
  • emstaley4
    emstaley4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mine too!! Do you guys find there the is a difference between the calorie intake goal on Fitbit and MFP? DO you go with the fitbit's goal?
    Yes, most times I go with what the Fitbit updates on MFP except on the days I go to the gym. Then I adjust that myself.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    oooooh - dish on the Aria. I want to know all about it!

On a side note, I woke up with my fitbit in my hair this morning. Not quite sure how it went from my wrist to my hair, but there it was.

I searched the bed for a few minutes before I felt it clunk against my face. Fun with fitbit.
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I just got this amazing little thing called a Fitbit. Anyone else using one too?

When I looked them up on line, there we several models, which do you have.
  • jcamby
    jcamby Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    after all the talk about it recently, I'm looking at getting one. Anyone know how they compare to Bodybuggs?
    I'm curious about this as well. Did anyone research Bodybuggs and BodyMedia Fits also? What made you decide to go with FitBit? I like that it's much more discreet than the other two, but what other differences are there? Anyone?

About the bodymedia fits...you have to subscribe for a membership....so more money each month. I like the fitbit cuz once you buy it, everything else is free (unless you upgrade to the 'premium' which you don't have to do)
  • DJParrish01
    DJParrish01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    No, but I reeeeally want one!
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I had had mine for a few months now. I love the the tracking of steps and activity level but don't care for the calorie burn. I have put all my info into fitbit.com and weight and all and have linked it to MFP but it will say that I only burn like 80 calories doing 30 minutes of aerobics/cardio which can't possible be right. Other than the caloire part, I think it is awesome.

I wear mine on my bra usually but if my shirt is thin or I think it can be seen, I wear it on my pants pocket.
  • majones_orl
    Options
    I just got mine a couple of weeks ago! LOVE IT!! I use the calories burned on my fitbit to track rather than the ones MFP says burned. I have found MFP overestimates on calories burned quite a bit!!

I have noticed also the MFP overestimates calories. When I use the elliptical it give me 1000, calories, when i load then in Virign Miles, I get about 1/2 of what MFP has. It would be awesome to have the correct calories burned.
  • majones_orl
    Options
    Where did you get you fitbit and what was the price?
  • fishergreen
    fishergreen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    oooooh - dish on the Aria. I want to know all about it!

On a side note, I woke up with my fitbit in my hair this morning. Not quite sure how it went from my wrist to my hair, but there it was.

I searched the bed for a few minutes before I felt it clunk against my face. Fun with fitbit.

I've had mine for 1-1/2 years and wear it religiously and love it! I don't track my sleep anymore so I take it off at the end of the day, but last night I forgot to remove it from my pajama bottoms and this morning it was still attached to me. LOL But like you I have lost it in the bed before from that arm thing.
  • skinnyalison
    Options
    How do you synch your fitbit with MFP? Is there a way to enter your calories burned according to fitbit into MFP?
  • DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to decide between the bodymedia fit, bodybugg, and fit bit. Anyone know how the accuracy compares among the three?
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Options
    How do you synch your fitbit with MFP? Is there a way to enter your calories burned according to fitbit into MFP?

If you go to Profile Settings-Applications you can synch the two. You don't have to enter any calories, Fitbit sends over all that information on its own. It even gives you a calorie adjustment if you are estimated to burn more than MFP expects you to.
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have had my FitBit for a couple of weeks now and I love it! I use it to track steps, miles, stairs, sleep and calories burned; but I use MFP for my calorie intake. They are synced up and I really haven't had a problem with the calories allocated from exercise because I use the MFP line on FitBIt for my cardio (I'm not doing strength right now.) It definitely keeps me moving!
  • skinnyalison
    Options
    How convenient! I think I am going to have to invest on one.

Thanks for your response!