Tell me what you do with Black Beans

Options

Replies

• tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I'm sure someone already said these things, but I like adding them to salads (with a little salsa it is SO GOOD), eating them plain for a high fiber and protein filling snack, or putting them into a wrap.

I've even thrown a tbsp. or two into egg white omelets for a protein boost. I LOVE black beans!

Cooking Light also has a great chorizo black bean chili that I adore.
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Add to:
    Cooked Lundberg wild rice, canned chopped tomatoes, cooked chopped carrots, chili's, cumin and a little sea salt.

^^^THIS^^^^ sounds good!!!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I mixed it with my cottage cheese one day and fell in love! I'm eating that for dinner tonight actually
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Black bean burgers! DELICIOUS
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Easy Black Bean Burgers
    (Someone has probably already mentioned)

1/4c diced onion
    1/4c diced green pepper
    1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
    1/2c bread crumbs (I like the seasoned kind)
    1 large egg
    1tbsp. cumin
    1tsp. chilli powder
    1tsp. hot sauce

Mash black beans, mix with remaining ingredients. Form into patties and place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake in oven 10 minutes each side at 375 degrees. Done!

They are soooo good with guacamole!! My 10 year old begs for these! :)
  • AmadaLynn
    AmadaLynn Posts: 116
    Options
    peppers - red, orange, yellow, and green
    onion
    garlic
    adobo
    over white rice
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    omelette, on a salad, in a taco, as a side dish... they're awesome!
  • kionig
    kionig Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Also lately we've been doing the carb blast - diced cooked sweet potatoes-black beans- and a bit of swiss cheese in an omelet - this is mostly for heavy lifting days.
  • joslin2005
    joslin2005 Posts: 138
    Options
    Mix 1 can of rotel, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of corn or about 2 cup of corn, 1/2 tsp cumin. Put 6-8 chicken breasts in pyrex dish and top with mixture. Cover with tin foil. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes. Top with cheese.

Or do this same recipe with tin foil packets on the grill. This recipe is so simple and yummy!

http://www.readyseteat.com/recipes-Santa-Fe-Chicken-Packets-5555.html
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    haha right!
  • sjackson902
    sjackson902 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    ^bahah! i don't know HOW healthy it is, but i mix a frozen bag of corn with a can of beans, half a diced onion, 3tbsp olive oil, juice of one lime (or just lots of squirts of the lime juice in a bottle) and cilantro. sometimes when i have it, i mix in a diced tomato and half a diced avocado too. and i love the lime juice so i pile it in there. so yummy!

Trying this tonight. Sounds yummy! Thanks!
  • libro55
    libro55 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This week, I used them instead of refried beans to make Mexican pizzas (tortilla spread with refried beans, topped with cheese, salsa, etc.). I got the low-sodium ones by Glory and poured the whole can into a bowl and mashed them with a potato masher. I got the low-carb tortillas by La Tortilla Factory, spread them with the mashed black beans, topped with cheddar veggie shreds, chopped fresh salsa, and sliced black olives...yum. At first, I used two tortillas but wanted to cut the sodium further, so after that I halved one tortilla (I like my Mexican pizza to have a cover). And I used little dollops of plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Pretty darn good, I think.
  • Pheonix2012
    Pheonix2012 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I put them in Chili. I also made them as a side dish for Fajita Dinners. I just warm them up with some red onions and bacon ( not healthy I know, but delicious!) I also throw them on salads to help fill me up.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Eat them.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    I make burritos with them
    brown some ground turkey with onion in a pan when browned add a taco seasoning packet with one cup of water cook down, add a can of corn and a can of black beans, add some cumin stir while heating add fresh cilantro......put mixture in flour tortillas or pocket bread add lettuce , tomatoe, light sour cream or avocado.....add hot sauce to taste....YUM
  • Pheonix2012
    Pheonix2012 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I mixed it with my cottage cheese one day and fell in love! I'm eating that for dinner tonight actually

Different, but that sounds delicious! I'm going to try it! :happy:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I add 1 tablespoon of tomato paste and 2 tablespoons of my favorite salsa (jacks special) heat and enjoy as a side. I also add these to my tortilla free taco saled
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I made brownies once. It was okay. Not as good as real brownies.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    Cook some quinoa... Set aside... Then, saute some onion, garlic and jalapenos in a little EVOO... Add can of drained black beans... Last few minutes, add chopped tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes until heated thru... Season to taste with salt and/or pepper... Add all to bowl of quinoa... Mix... And, VOILA!! Super Yumminess...

: D
  • IBetterShapeUp
    Options
    Bump
    Wow some great ideas. Love black beans.
    Usually do Taco or dip with at least the following ingredients:
    Salsa
    Black beans
    onion
    low fat cheedar cheese
    turkey or beef
    Tortilla chips or taco shell