Do you "check in" when your weight goes up?

Options

Replies

• AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily to stay on course, I do record it to learn from the fluctuations.
  • jennifermartinez1112
    Options
    i log in once a week and whatever it is gain or lose i log it in. u got to take the good and the bad
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    if at the start of the month I show a gain I log it. Seems wrong not to.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    i log in once a week and whatever it is gain or lose i log it in. u got to take the good and the bad

In premise, I agree with that..........but I don't log the gains, because I don't want anyone ELSE to see them :noway:

lol..................Like someone else said, I figure it'll go back down again, so I just don't log anything but losses................

works for me!
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Monday morning and I log whatever it says. I'm here for a reality check and to change...so why wouldn't I log my gains and keep it honest??
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I log the big gains (more than a couple pounds), because they are the direct result of me sliding back into old habits. Seeing that uptick in the middle of my progress chart is a good reminder that this new lifestyle has to be permanent or I'll just go back up.
  • askinnybanana13
    Options
    I weigh in twice a week and no matter what the weight is, I put it in. Weight will go up and go down. but what I really pay attention to and count as my true weight is the weight at the beginning of each month. I do not weigh in during my menstrual cycle because I gain anywhere from 5-7 lbs during those 5 days. I believe it is important to weigh in gain and lossing and then look back at what you ate or how you exercised that week- it could be water retention from salty foods, it could be minimal exercise that week.

so... really I weigh in of MFP

Twice a week Sunday and Wednesday.-- I weigh is twice a week only because I am weight training at an increased level right now
    I log the first Sunday of every month in MFP and my calendar.

Hope that helps.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I do...but only because I cannot see trends and understand WHY I have gained if I cannot see the highs and lows. For the last 2 months I have logged my weight 3x a week MINIMUM, and I can explain every single gain--heat, and sodium ( fast food). My gains are always gone in a few days along with a little extra.
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I log my weight once a week based on my Tuesday morning weigh-in. I might hop on the scale at other points througout the week to make sure keeping on track, but that's the only one that gets input. And I post it, regardless of whether I'm up or down from the previous week.

Sounds just like me! I weigh on Mondays and log whatever it says, but hop on there for s peek mid-week to see if I need to step my game up or not so I can have a happy weigh in.
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and record it once a week on Thursdays - whether up or down it goes on record.
  • Carrmaduke
    Carrmaduke Posts: 42
    Options
    Hell naw!
  • ImpishScoundrel
    Options
    Every single morning at exactly the same time I weigh in, Up or down. Being very religious about my calorie intake, any up tic in weight sends a flag to double check my sodium intake.
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everday but only log my weight loss on MFP no gains.

I also use the calendar on my phone so I can keep track of how long its been since my weight has gone down. The last 4 months I have been seeing a doctor and its very helpful for my doctor to see a pattern or conflict and make suggestions.
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I log up and down. It's motivating to me because my friends ask what happened and I have to fess up!
  • Eisskween
    Eisskween Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It hasn't happened yet, but if it did, I would record it to keep the record and fluctuations accurate. I can't lie to myself and pretend it didn't happen.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I post it when I gain or lose.
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Gains or Losses
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    While I get on the scale weekly I am only recording the weight when I officially weigh on on the first of each month. If it goes up I will record it .... and then have to look at it for another month.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses......good to know I'm not alone.

For those who said they record gains as well as losses, because they don't want to "lie" to themselves, I guess I don't see it that way. I KNOW I've gained, I am being honest with ME..........I just don't have to tell the world that, imho.

It's much more motivating to me to see that I've lost 23 lbs, and if I go up a lb or two, I just keep working to get BACK DOWN to that...........and sooner or later, the scale will move again, and it'll be even less than 23 :blushing: :blushing:

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, my friends. YOU are awesome! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • kaybee1966
    Options
    I usually only log my loss, because I weigh myself every other day and I flucuate up and down a few pounds each week, but I recently got off track for almost 3 weeks and had some binging, etc. and gained four pounds and completely avoided logging into the website. I finally got myself motivated to get back on my healthy eating this past Monday, so I did log my 4-pound gain and am happy to have lost 1 of those pounds so far this week.